Scottish player transfers - Page 137 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

5 hours ago, syecosse said:

Alex Robertson youngster  signed for Ross County on loan from Man city, eligible for Scotland has represented Australia and England at youths.

Steven Caulker has joined Fenerbache wasn't he another who committed to Scotland cannot remember. 

Robertson is very highly rated. Hopefully a spell in Scotland will be favourable for us. 

6 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Robertson is very highly rated. Hopefully a spell in Scotland will be favourable for us. 

Seems there's a 4 way battle for him between Australia (who his dad & grandad both played for), England, Peru (where his mother is from) and us (where he was born).

22 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Seems there's a 4 way battle for him between Australia (who his dad & grandad both played for), England, Peru (where his mother is from) and us (where he was born).

Who’s he played youth team international footy for? 

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Certainly a spell under Mackay in Scotland can only help our chances of getting him in our set up, if he develops into a serious talent it's keeping him committed I'd be worried about. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57728392

7 hours ago, syecosse said:

Alex Robertson youngster  signed for Ross County on loan from Man city, eligible for Scotland has represented Australia and England at youths.

Steven Caulker has joined Fenerbache wasn't he another who committed to Scotland cannot remember. 

If Caulker is playing well regularly for a successful Fenerbache team then surely Clarke will seriously consider him,  its his job to monitor all eligible players playing at a decent level. 

Just now, csinclair said:

Rangers appear to be after Sikiri Dembele. Would like to see him get a place in the the squad for his pace alone, something we lack. At 24, he's still got plenty of time to develop too.

We (Rangers) keep being talked about but it seems more from Peterborough's end. As they try desperately to get a fee for him, instead of losing him on a free next summer.

We have quite a lot of players who can play his position.

Hagi, Wright, Aribo, Roofe, Sakala and Itten. There's then Jones, Barker, Hastie and Middleton that still need to be moved on in that position.

Unless 1 or 2 of those leave, I don't see Rangers buying him.

14 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

We (Rangers) keep being talked about but it seems more from Peterborough's end. As they try desperately to get a fee for him, instead of losing him on a free next summer.

We have quite a lot of players who can play his position.

Hagi, Wright, Aribo, Roofe, Sakala and Itten. There's then Jones, Barker, Hastie and Middleton that still need to be moved on in that position.

Unless 1 or 2 of those leave, I don't see Rangers buying him.

Middleton seems to be written off by alot of rangers fans but he's still only 21 and did pretty well for St Johnstone. 

29 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Middleton seems to be written off by alot of rangers fans but he's still only 21 and did pretty well for St Johnstone. 

I was just adding him to the list of players of also having to go out who play that position. I wouldn't sell Middleton. There's a player there but he just hasn't pieced it together yet. 

Another 12 months at St. Johnstone would do him the world of good. Davidson seems to improve players and get the best out of them. Middleton said he enjoyed it there and appeared to be getting it together. 

I don't know why he has been so written off. For me he is a better player than Barker and Jones (they playedyovwr him 19/20 season). They got chances at times while he didn't. Ojo (when he was on loan 19/20) always playing over him was baffling aswell.

I hope he makes it at Rangers, there is nothing I love more than a young player coming through your youth team into the first team. 

I'm also really hoping Stephen Kelly gets a chance this season or next. There is a very good Deep lying playmaker in there. Very reminiscent of the player Steven Davis has become.

52 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I hope he makes it at Rangers, there is nothing I love more than a young player coming through your youth team into the first team. 

I'm sure Steven Gerrard actually alluded to exactly that at one point last year. He knows from his own experience what it means to the fans. I guess Allan McGregor ticks that box, but that can only satiate the fans so far, since he broke through nearly 20 years ago.

If Gerrard does stick to his word, maybe that'll mean more game time for Patterson this year. Everyone else is a question mark.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He didn't though, did he?  Norwich City get all the credit for that.

9 minutes ago, daviebee said:

He didn't though, did he?  Norwich City get all the credit for that.

I think rangers could be given some credit as he was an 18 year old with no first team experience before he went to rangers. He might not of came from rangers youth set up but he was still a young player when they bought him and was no where near playing first team football regulary at Norwich. 

51 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Dire Mebude signs his first professional contract at Man city, hopefully a few good signs at City for our youth, Fiorini, Slicker, Adam, Smith and possibly Robertson(if he plays for Scotland). 

The big English teams are definitely looking at young Scottish players more now due to brexit.

It can only be a good thing though. Some will make it and others will be improved by better coaching and facilities

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

The big English teams are definitely looking at young Scottish players more now due to brexit.

It can only be a good thing though. Some will make it and others will be improved by better coaching and facilities

I don’t think it has anything to do with Brexit, we’ve just got a better crop of youth players.  

25 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Brexit is a factor as you can only sign foreign players with full international caps now

just to be clear, does that mean its the end of big english clubs plucking young talent from africa, south america, europe etc. for their development academies or does this rule only apply to first team squads??

1 minute ago, Boynze said:

just to be clear, does that mean its the end of big english clubs plucking young talent from africa, south america, europe etc. for their development academies or does this rule only apply to first team squads??

It means they now will look to British players to fill their academies yes. It’s good news for Scottish football to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It means they now will look to British players to fill their academies yes. It’s good news for Scottish football to be honest. 

thats superb news for us... hopefully get a critical mass across the uk now of youth players that will lead to better prospects going forward... ach brexit is brilliant!!!