Scottish player transfers - Page 136 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, csinclair said:

Viera keen on signing Christie for Palace

Thinks this is pure speculation based on him reportedly being interested whilst managing in France.

Wouldnt be a bad move for Christie but id like him to go abroad. Monaco was mentioned but anywhere he could learn more about the other parts of the game as his effort isnt in question. If he could add some of movement that is key abroad it would take him up a level.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thinks this is pure speculation based on him reportedly being interested whilst managing in France.

Wouldnt be a bad move for Christie but id like him to go abroad. Monaco was mentioned but anywhere he could learn more about the other parts of the game as his effort isnt in question. If he could add some of movement that is key abroad it would take him up a level.

I reckon given Viera is an admirer and Palace barely have any players now, it could be more than speculation with Christie's contract almost up but I too would prefer him to go abroad.

33 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I reckon given Viera is an admirer and Palace barely have any players now, it could be more than speculation with Christie's contract almost up but I too would prefer him to go abroad.

Vieras an admirer of Christie? Can't imagine he would know much about Christie. Its probably palaces scouting team have suggested Christie to him. 

Just Read online it seems he does know about Christie so i take that back, lol sorry. 

Edited by mccaughey85

11 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Few rumours about Hickey circulating.  I've not seen enough of him but I wonder whether he could be a long term answer to our defensive midfield problems.

Hopefully he doesn’t go to Celtic.

Napoli are in for him according to the record which would be a good move. Staying out a season surely the best idea and play 30 + games. 

Hickey to Celtic would be a massive career mistake. You simply dont go from Italy to Scotland if you want to make it to the very top of the game.

He had a solid 1st season. He now needs to nail down the position and get 20 games under his belt. Then be looking to move to a team further up the league.

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Hopefully he doesn’t go to Celtic.

Napoli are in for him according to the record which would be a good move. Staying out a season surely the best idea and play 30 + games. 

there is only one reason I could see that he might consider that, and that’s if he is homesick.  Napoli are a bigger club playing near the top of one of Europe’s best leagues.  If the boy has any ambition he goes there.

11 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Ryan Gauld to Rangers seems to be gathering some traction. 

It’s better than him going to the MLS but hopefully he moves to the EPL instead. 

Where have you heard that? One part of me would like him back in scottish football as opposed to the MLS but would rather he goes to a team that is technical 

41 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Where have you heard that? One part of me would like him back in scottish football as opposed to the MLS but would rather he goes to a team that is technical 

Rangers are certainly technical and the current management seem able to improve players. The league best avoided though unless it’s a straight choice with the MLS. 

33 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Rangers are certainly technical and the current management seem able to improve players. The league best avoided though unless it’s a straight choice with the MLS. 

Aye, moving to Rangers would be marginally better than the MLS, but hopefully he'll get a move to England, Spain or a bigger club in Portugal.

Alex Robertson youngster  signed for Ross County on loan from Man city, eligible for Scotland has represented Australia and England at youths.

Steven Caulker has joined Fenerbache wasn't he another who committed to Scotland cannot remember. 

2 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Alex Robertson youngster  signed for Ross County on loan from Man city, eligible for Scotland has represented Australia and England at youths.

Steven Caulker has joined Fenerbache wasn't he another who committed to Scotland cannot remember. 

This is what Caulker said last year:
Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: “I was asked to play for Scotland at the age of 19, but I had pressure to go down another route.

“Things have obviously changed and I would love to play for Scotland.

“I’ve made my feelings clear, so it’s about continuing what I’m doing at the moment and keeping my fingers crossed for the best.