Scottish player transfers - Page 133 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ewan Urain signs a new contract with Bilbao till 2025. 

Kyle Joseph signs for Swansea. 

Promising news for our u21 strikers.

Urain is 21, so he must be quite rated to get a 4 year deal. I've heard he has trained with the first team quite a bit and injuries have stopped his progress.

Interesting move for Joseph. It's also  probably the correct move. He wouldn't get gametime in the EPL and I'm not sure he'd get much at Rangers or Celtic either. Swansea have just released their main Striker (Ayew) and have a very good manager. I hope it works out.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Urain is 21, so he must be quite rated to get a 4 year deal. I've heard he has trained with the first team quite a bit and injuries have stopped his progress.

Interesting move for Joseph. It's also  probably the correct move. He wouldn't get gametime in the EPL and I'm not sure he'd get much at Rangers or Celtic either. Swansea have just released their main Striker (Ayew) and have a very good manager. I hope it works out.

They're a massive club, so it must mean a lot that they're willing to give him such a long deal. Hopefully he's exactly what we've been crying out for.

I've never seen him.

Definitely. We saw what a great season with Swansea did for McBurnie. He must be decent as the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal were interested. 

Two to watch for next season.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Not sure urain is worth getting excited about, hes 21 and hasnt played any first team football in his career. i highly doubt he makes it at a decent level tbh.

Kyle joseph looks quite decent from the limited games hes had at wigan. hopefully he gets plenty gametime at swansea. The english championship has been a good stepping stone for strikers looking to make it in the epl in recent years.

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure urain is worth getting excited about, hes 21 and hasnt played any first team football in his career. i highly doubt he makes it at a decent level tbh.

Kyle joseph looks quite decent from the limited games hes had at wigan. hopefully he gets plenty gametime at swansea. The english championship has been a good stepping stone for strikers looking to make it in the epl in recent years.

Thankfully the people that have actually seen him play the Bilbao coaching staff don't agree with you.      They would not be giving a 4 year contract to a 21 year old unless  they think he has a real chance of making the grade. 

Agree with everyone else about Kyle Joseph, it's a good move to a club which gives youth a chance. 

8 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Thankfully the people that have actually seen him play the Bilbao coaching staff don't agree with you.      They would not be giving a 4 year contract to a 21 year old unless  they think he has a real chance of making the grade. 

Agree with everyone else about Kyle Joseph, it's a good move to a club which gives youth a chance. 

dont get me wrong i am happy for the guy and they maybe think theres a chance of him progressing to the first team but lets be honest its not looking that way so far. hes 21, if he doesnt get first team experience this season then its pretty much over in terms of making it at a decent level. everyone can quote guys like vardy etc but that only happens once in a blue moon. reality is if you aint playing at a decent level by the time you are 22 then you are unlikely to make it at a good level. wish the guy all the best but i wouldnt pin too much hope on him.

11 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Nice and positive from you as always 

11 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thanks for that little scouting report. Bilbao could have saved a lot of time and money if only they’d come direct to you.

13 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Thanks for that little scouting report. Bilbao could have saved a lot of time and money if only they’d come direct to you.

sorry its not what you want to hear but thats life. i havent written the guy off but i am more realistic about young players these days after seeing so many not make the grade.

13 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

You’d doubt he will get to the level to get a call up but you never know. 

I don't think he will, from what I've seen of him the English Championship or SPFL is probably his level.  Could be wrong though.  Good luck to him anyway.

Ben Williamson apparently going on loan to Livingston. Had a fantastic 6 month loan at Arbroath and won their YPOTY. A very Good step up in loan level. Hopefully works out.

Kai Kennedy probably going on loan with quite a few SPL teams interested.

Will be interesting to see how these loans work out and how they progress. Rangers have a good crop of 19 year olds coming through at the minute. Maxwell and McPake could get similar loans after promising seasons in the Scottish championship and English league 2.

Mebude and Dickson got released. Mebude didn't seem to kick on at Rangers. Dickson just signed a new deal and Looked promising but he apparently has a very bad attitude and got sent back early from QOTS due to issues with it.

Hopefully they can find the right club and get their careers back on track. They are both talented young players.

7 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Ben Williamson apparently going on loan to Livingston. Had a fantastic 6 month loan at Arbroath and won their YPOTY. A very Good step up in loan level. Hopefully works out.

Will be interesting to see how these loans work out and how they progress. Rangers have a good crop of 19 year olds coming through at the minute. Maxwell and McPake could get similar loans after promising seasons in the Scottish championship and English league 2.

Mebude and Dickson got released. Mebude didn't seem to kick on at Rangers. Dickson just signed a new deal and Looked promising but he apparently has a very bad attitude and got sent back early from QOTS due to issues with it.

Hopefully they can find the right club and get their careers back on track. They are both talented young players.

I watched a lot of Arbroath streams last year and the season before ; Williamson was a huge player for the Lichties, and a massive part in helping them stay up. He's a class act of a player, and I really hope it works out at Livi for him, he's more than good enough to be getting a a regular game, IMO.

7 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Williamson is quality 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:45 AM, mccaughey85 said:

sorry its not what you want to hear but thats life. i havent written the guy off but i am more realistic about young players these days after seeing so many not make the grade.

You are perfectly correct. I recall reading a manager talking in Shoot! magazine in the 80's, and he said the toughest part was having to tell a young player that he just isn't the required standard, and having the player burst into tears in his office; but the manager said that he would always try to help the player maybe into a lower league team, and explain the reasons for not giving the player a contract to his parents, and even try to help him into another field of employment. Football is even more ruthless now than it was before, these kids are being given expectations above their ability, to use the analogy of the SAS, they'll have 10 apply and only 1 gets through...but that doesn't mean the Army abandons the other 9, the others may need more maturity or physicality, they can always apply again, and the army appreciates you trying and failing rather than just giving up, and encourage you to keep pursuing the dream. Your realism mccaughey85 is far more important to the development of young players, instead of telling them that they are the new Messi, and thinking that just because they have signed for a Spanish club, that they are going to set the world on fire.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Birmingham City, Derby, Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers and Barnsley are all showing an interest in Stephen O'Donnell. 

To start with. No doubt there will be dozens more. Celtic need a right back as well. He might be too expensive for Celtic after this tournament though 😋

3 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

To start with. No doubt there will be dozens more. Celtic need a right back as well. He might be too expensive for Celtic after this tournament though 😋

Yeah. No way Celtic will be able to attract the Scottish Cafu. 

I expect Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc, to register an interest after the Crostia match. ;)

Just a thought, will be hated by a few but Angus Gunn has just joined Norwich seems to have re discovered his form, may be worth approaching and we need a keeper long term or in-between some one coming through. 

Noticed a couple of youngsters rejecting SPL to go elsewhere ,Irving to join a German side? Any good?Hearts tried to keep him, Ross at Aberdeen possibly joining Blackburn.