Scottish player transfers - Page 127 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

Guest Scot1
1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Seem to be quite a few Scottish players in their 30's who are out of contract to English Championship clubs this summer. The likes of Mulgrew and Lee Wallace. Might be struggling to get another decent gig down there and would be decent experience for some of our clubs? Depends how settled they are, I suppose, and what their agents can get done.

Lee Wallace has signed for another year at QPR. He’s played well there since January and has stayed injury free which has been the problem with Wallace for most of his career.

Guest Scot1

Speaking of Lee Wallace, he wouldn’t be a bad choice as back up for the left wing-back role. He’s played well there for QPR, got a few assists and even scored a nice header (assisted by Dykes). I’d have him in the squad ahead of Taylor. He’s a better player than Taylor in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I watched Gallagher at Livingston and I believe he’s a better “footballer” than many give him credit for. Under good management and coaching I think he could turn out better than Hanley. But he’ll not reach his potential at Aberdeen. He needs to go South and play against better players/teams and play in teams more possession based, instead of the more direct type of Scottish game played up here. 
QPR would be a very good fit, they play a back 3, play nice possession based football, try to play out from the back when possible. Mark Warburton and the coaches there would improve his “footballing” side. 

You realise Gallagher is 30 and has played for Clyde, Dundee, Livingston and Motherwell? He should go where he'll get the most money, combined with regular games.

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

Speaking of Lee Wallace, he wouldn’t be a bad choice as back up for the left wing-back role. He’s played well there for QPR, got a few assists and even scored a nice header (assisted by Dykes). I’d have him in the squad ahead of Taylor. He’s a better player than Taylor in my opinion.

Trouble is Wallace “never saw himself as a Scotland player”

Guest Scot1
1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

You realise Gallagher is 30 and has played for Clyde, Dundee, Livingston and Motherwell? He should go where he'll get the most money, combined with regular games.

He is 30, but because of his stint in prison etc, his development has been stunted. 30 isn’t that old for a CB in the modern game. Assuming he looks after himself he could have another 5+ years in the game. 
Im pretty sure that he’d get better money in the Championship and he is good enough to be a first team pick and I’d assume that any interested teams down there would be looking for him to be in their starting 11. 

Guest Scot1
12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Lee Wallace, fuckin hell folks. Really? 🤣🤣🤣

He’s playing well at QPR, who since Xmas have the 3rd best form in the league. He’s made the adjustment to wing-back seamlessly and has stayed injury free. He’s a good player, obviously not the same quality as Robertson or Tierney but better than Taylor and he is playing as a wing-back and playing week in, week out. I think he’s a better wing-back than Taylor. 

Fwiw cracking player I’ve always thought but think the Tierney/Robertson debate that has raged for years he’s probably chucked it as he was completely overshadowed.  im sure there was a fair bit of negativity of him being selected when rangers weren’t in the prem at the time which likely didn’t help.

56 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Gallagher confirmed as signing a two year deal with Aberdeen.

The EURO's roughly a month away. If he goes and has an absolute stormer and keeps Kane quiet, he'd have no end of offers. I might have waited it out if it was me but looking at it now though, Hanley seems to be ahead of him. Then you have Hendry coming back in and McKenna doing well down in England. It might be hard for Gallagher to get a start at the EURO's. 

Very good signing for Aberdeen regardless.

Are Aberdeen still looking at Allan Campbell from Motherwell aswell? A midfield of Ferguson, Brown and Campbell would be very good. It would put McCrorie to RB or CB though. 

17 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

The EURO's roughly a month away. If he goes and has an absolute stormer and keeps Kane quiet, he'd have no end of offers. I might have waited it out if it was me but looking at it now though, Hanley seems to be ahead of him. Then you have Hendry coming back in and McKenna doing well down in England. It might be hard for Gallagher to get a start at the EURO's. 

Very good signing for Aberdeen regardless.

Are Aberdeen still looking at Allan Campbell from Motherwell aswell? A midfield of Ferguson, Brown and Campbell would be very good. It would put McCrorie to RB or CB though. 

Maybe Glass will mirror Clarke's system and go for a back three of McRorie, Gallagher and Considine with Campbell, Brown and Ferguson in midfield. Don't know who their strikers and wing backs would be but that's a solid unit.

4 minutes ago, shug macdiarmid said:

oops, I'll try again - Maybe Glass will mirror Clarke's system and go for a back three of McRorie, Gallagher and Considine with Campbell, Brown and Ferguson in midfield. Don't know who their strikers and wing backs would be but that's a solid unit.

1 hour ago, shug macdiarmid said:

oops, I'll try again - Maybe Glass will mirror Clarke's system and go for a back three of McRorie, Gallagher and Considine with Campbell, Brown and Ferguson in midfield. Don't know who their strikers and wing backs would be but that's a solid unit.

Solid, but no fler.

2 hours ago, shug macdiarmid said:

It would probably be Hayes or Kennedy at LWB. Young Ramsey or McCrorie at RWB. Upfront they only have loan signings.

22 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aaron Hickey and Kevin Nisbet linked with a move to Celtic FC...

I'd be absolutely amazed if Hickey joins Celtic next season. One season into his Italian adventure and having done relatively well, make it very unlikely.

Doig seems more of a realistic target for LB.

Nisbett and Hickey would cost 3-4+ million each and that's a lot of money, when you still need to sign 8-10 players ( with most needing to be automatic starters) in one window.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:14 AM, Scot1 said:

I think he'd be a terrible choice, and I don't think he's even close to being on anyone's radar.

A 'Scotland' player choosing to play in the fourth tier, etc. and not going and testing himself as a then 25 year old doesn't IMHO have the heart or desire needed to represent his country.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'd be absolutely amazed if Hickey joins Celtic next season. One season into his Italian adventure and having done relatively well, make it very unlikely.

Nisbett and Hickey would cost 3-4+ million each and that's a lot of money, when you still need to sign 8-10 players ( with most needing to be automatic starters) in one window.

Fair points. Just saw it on newsnow..

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1079454749?-10583:834

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aaron Hickey and Kevin Nisbet linked with a move to Celtic FC...

Thought Brentford were in for Nesbit? That would be a much better move for him. Getting a good reputation for deveoping players, Watkins, Berhino ( West ham spelling) and others ( Toney)  but unfortunately not Steven Pressley son, Aaron, well not yet anyway.