Scottish player transfers - Page 126 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

You would think, given the season he has had, that some Spanish teams might be having a look too. Money might be a factor in staying in Portugal, while lifestyle might be a factor in leaving for England/Scotland. Spain would potentially resolve both those issues.

rumour has it he likes the lifestyle in portugal so spain might be a good option for him rather than back to scotland or england.

Ryan Christie linked with Burnley and Norwich.

Not sure how I feel about that. Both teams would probably suit him as he has technique but also works hard however id like him to play for a side abit higher up the table. 

On 5/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have it on good authority, Celtic are monitoring the situation with Gauld. Just because I reside in Canada, dinnae mean ahm no in the know.. Yae Ken ya bampots.. Watch this space....

Is that the same authority who told you about Celtics imminent incoming new manager, Howes that coming along 😜

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Not sure how I feel about that. Both teams would probably suit him as he has technique but also works hard however id like him to play for a side abit higher up the table. 

With how average/poor he and Celtic have been it drops your value and clubs looking at you.

The EURO's will be key for Christie with where he ends up. A great EURO's and the clubs he is linked with improve. 

I read his contact bizarrely ends in January. If that is true someone is getting an absolute bargain. With 6 months left on the deal, you can't command more than 2/3 million.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

With how average/poor he and Celtic have been it drops your value and clubs looking at you.

The EURO's will be key for Christie with where he ends up. A great EURO's and the clubs he is linked with improve. 

I read his contact bizarrely ends in January. If that is true someone is getting an absolute bargain. With 6 months left on the deal, you can't command more than 2/3 million.

A lot of Celtic fans are unhappy with Christie’s form. He’s playing in a shite team and needs to get out of there. In the right team with the right manager he will be outstanding. 

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Considering you can sign him on a pre contract in 3 weeks, it’s probably going to be less than that Celtic will have to accept for him. 

11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Agreed, a Wolves or Leeds would be good but Burnley could still end up 13th, there's only 2 pts between 13th and 17th.

17 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Agreed, a Wolves or Leeds would be good but Burnley could still end up 13th, there's only 2 pts between 13th and 17th.

If a choice between Burnley and Norwich I'd probably go Norwich. While Burnley are a solid settled unit atm, they might be losing Dyche in the summer and without him, I'd say it is bye bye Burnley.

Norwich play good football and they have a very good coach who improves players. While they went down last year they won a ton of plaudits and praise. Aarons, Pukki, Buendia, McLean, Cantwell and Lewis/Godfrey (before they left) all improved massively under Farke.

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

they obviously feel there's some value in the Scottish market iirc they were close to signing Turnbull before he got crocked.

Yeah, I'm sure they were.

It would actually be a good thing for either of the Ryans.

Daniel Farke is a good manager. I mean, anyone that can get Teemu Pukki to score 60+ goals in three seasons must be a magician. ;)

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Declan Gallagher poised to join Aberdeen.

Aberdeen could have some team next year. If they could get O'Donnell and maybe Griffiths, that would be a team full of quality internationals. Not much long term benefit, but they could get at least a few good years out of them. I'm just desperate for another team outwith Celtic and Rangers to make a realistic challenge for the title. Though I think that chance has come and gone when Rangers were in the wilderness.

I am surprised Gallagher agreed a deal before the Euros though (if the story is true) because he might have some more suitors if he plays.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Aberdeen could have some team next year. If they could get O'Donnell and maybe Griffiths, that would be a team full of quality internationals. Not much long term benefit, but they could get at least a few good years out of them. I'm just desperate for another team outwith Celtic and Rangers to make a realistic challenge for the title. Though I think that chance has come and gone when Rangers were in the wilderness.

I am surprised Gallagher agreed a deal before the Euros though (if the story is true) because he might have some more suitors if he plays.

Gallagher, O'Donnel and Griffiths, I would't bet on Aberdeen finishing 3rd. I would say Hibs have better players in all three positions.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Hope so. It would be great for a team, any team, to give the Old Firm a scare.

True.

Guest Scot1

I’d be disappointed if Gallagher joins Aberdeen, I think he needs to show more ambition and get himself down to a decent Championship club. He’ll become a better player for it. I read a few Championship club including Cardiff are interested in him. They’ve had a decent season and I suspect will be looking to strengthen their squad to push for a promotion/play off place. 

Edited by Scot1

7 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I’d be disappointed if Gallagher joins Aberdeen, I think he needs to show more ambition and get himself down to a decent Championship club. He’ll become a better player for it. I read a few Championship club including Cardiff are interested in him. They’ve had a decent season and I suspect will be looking to strengthen their squad to push for a promotion/play off place. 

Agree and disagree with this statement. Much better he goes to a club he knows and will probably be a starter for them. Whether Aberdeen challenge the OF or not they will be in the higher end of the league, plus European football for at least a while.

Going to Cardiff or another championship club and get off to a bad start could see them in a struggling side. Even bigger clubs like Derby and Forest are struggling this season.

But pick the right championship club and would be a great move. 

7 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Gallagher played his heart out for us last year and won us all over. He’s not played regularly since & is part of a pretty shakey Motherwell defence - he’s a warrior but not a very cultured centre back, I don’t know if he would be a good fit for many championship sides.

Aberdeen is probably a good move for him and about his ceiling for how far he can go. 

11 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I wouldn't want Griffiths at aberdeen. He had the perfect motivation at the start of this season and he still couldn't get his act together.

I'd take odonnell and gallagher because they'd improve what we have already.

Seem to be quite a few Scottish players in their 30's who are out of contract to English Championship clubs this summer. The likes of Mulgrew and Lee Wallace. Might be struggling to get another decent gig down there and would be decent experience for some of our clubs? Depends how settled they are, I suppose, and what their agents can get done.

Guest Scot1
2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Agree and disagree with this statement. Much better he goes to a club he knows and will probably be a starter for them. Whether Aberdeen challenge the OF or not they will be in the higher end of the league, plus European football for at least a while.

Going to Cardiff or another championship club and get off to a bad start could see them in a struggling side. Even bigger clubs like Derby and Forest are struggling this season.

But pick the right championship club and would be a great move. 

I think Gallagher needs to show more ambition and have more confidence in himself. If he moves to Aberdeen he’s not going to challenge himself in the same way than if he moved South to the Championship.

Yes, Forest struggled most of the season, but I’d bet that if you asked Scott McKenna if moving there was the right move, I think he’d say Yes, and that he wished he’d done it earlier. Playing against better players/teams week in, week out will improve you as a player. It’s a step up moving from Motherwell to a Championship side, whilst moving to Aberdeen seems more of a side-ways step.

Guest Scot1
2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Gallagher played his heart out for us last year and won us all over. He’s not played regularly since & is part of a pretty shakey Motherwell defence - he’s a warrior but not a very cultured centre back, I don’t know if he would be a good fit for many championship sides.

Aberdeen is probably a good move for him and about his ceiling for how far he can go. 

I watched Gallagher at Livingston and I believe he’s a better “footballer” than many give him credit for. Under good management and coaching I think he could turn out better than Hanley. But he’ll not reach his potential at Aberdeen. He needs to go South and play against better players/teams and play in teams more possession based, instead of the more direct type of Scottish game played up here. 
QPR would be a very good fit, they play a back 3, play nice possession based football, try to play out from the back when possible. Mark Warburton and the coaches there would improve his “footballing” side.