Scottish player transfers - Page 123 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

8 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Young goalkeeper in the news. Davie Hay's grandson so probably eligible for us or Italy. Better do what granda says, Vincent.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-youngster-wanted-ac-milan-and-manchester-united-reports-3127738

Sounds promising.

Has he featured for Scotland at youth level at all?

21 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Young goalkeeper in the news. Davie Hay's grandson so probably eligible for us or Italy. Better do what granda says, Vincent.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-youngster-wanted-ac-milan-and-manchester-united-reports-3127738

Reads very much like a story placed by his agent to put pressure on to get a new deal.

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Ryan Gauld out of contract in the summer and many clubs interested in him including, according to reports in Portugal, his former club Sporting Lisbon

Hope he doesn’t go back there. They treated him terribly, cutting short a loan spell out of spite and didn’t seem to get enough of a chance with their A team. 

Hopefully not Rangers either. 

Playing in Europe suits him. 

Braga would be good but he’s maybe a bit more ambitious than that. Would probably mean he gets first team football but he’s now peaking and should want to play for the best possible team. 

Maybe there will be Spanish or Italian clubs interested if he doesn’t stay in Portugal. 

14 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Hope he doesn’t go back there. They treated him terribly, cutting short a loan spell out of spite and didn’t seem to get enough of a chance with their A team. 

Hopefully not Rangers either. 

Playing in Europe suits him. 

Braga would be good but he’s maybe a bit more ambitious than that. Would probably mean he gets first team football but he’s now peaking and should want to play for the best possible team. 

Maybe there will be Spanish or Italian clubs interested if he doesn’t stay in Portugal. 

I am by no means a rangers fan but rangers play some nice football these days and it wouldn't be the worst choice for him. Chance to win medals and play in champs league/europa league. Probably get a better wage at rangers than at alot of other clubs. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I am by no means a rangers fan but rangers play some nice football these days and it wouldn't be the worst choice for him. Chance to win medals and play in champs league/europa league. Probably get a better wage at rangers than at alot of other clubs. 

Sorry, but what are Rangers paying these days. 

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I am guessing he might get offered 10k a week but I am not sure. I am guessing it will be a fair bit more than farense but other clubs might offer similar or more to him. 

Edited by mccaughey85

8 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You're probably right. 

Would just be more exciting if he played elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

More than Braga I'd imagine. 

I think Celtic/Rangers can compete with mid-low table Spanish and Italian clubs. So it might end up being one of his options. 

You'd think an English team would be interested too though...and thats where Championship clubs can outspend the Old Firm.  

Just now, Super_Scotlandfan said:

You're probably right. 

Would just be more exciting if he played elsewhere. 

More than Braga I'd imagine. 

I think Celtic/Rangers can compete with mid-low table Spanish and Italian clubs. So it might end up being one of his options. 

You'd think an English team would be interested too though...and thats where Championship clubs can outspend the Old Firm.  

According football manager 2020 rangers pay a shitload more than braga. Not saying its totally accurate but usually the fm games have wages of players reasonably accurate. 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Fuck off, would be a terrible move playing in a league that doesnt suit his skills and abilities

On 2/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

More than they can afford I'd imagine........a quck google confirms this. Jesus do they never learn

16 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Fuck off, would be a terrible move playing in a league that doesnt suit his skills and abilities

More than they can afford I'd imagine........a quck google confirms this. Jesus do they never learn

He seemed to do well in the Scottish league when he was at Dundee United. The spfl isn't a separate/different sport. He should still be a good player in Scotland if he's a good player in Portugal. 

The guy plays for farense, they are like the equivalent of st Johnstone. Rangers would be a massive upgrade for him and a chance to play in Europe and play with better players. Probably win some medals as well. 

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Jacke Harper is an ex-footballer; he has ceased to be; he has has been permanently transferred to False Dawns FC. Please do not mention his name again or that of his team-mate Islam Feruz.

at least Harper has been able to score a professional goal.  had a good run in the malaga side all be it in the second division and is still giving football a crack. its been said enough on here but its really remarkable how feruz managed to completely wreck any chance he had of a career and has retired in his early 20s, probably a mullti millionaire from his chelsea days mind you. 

21 hours ago, Kirk said:

Agree. Would be a move backwards.

I imagine he's fairly settled in Portuguese, he speaks the language and I have a Portuguese pal who I let hear it and he said his pronunciation is brilliant and speaks the language well. Wonder if he would go back to Sporting, Benfica or Boavista etc if they came in for him. If not, maybe Spain, Italy or Germany might be a good move.

Still, its brilliant that he's getting plaudits. I really hope he is in the squad for March and gets his first cap.

30 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Agree. Would be a move backwards.

I imagine he's fairly settled in Portuguese, he speaks the language and I have a Portuguese pal who I let hear it and he said his pronunciation is brilliant and speaks the language well. Wonder if he would go back to Sporting, Benfica or Boavista etc if they came in for him. If not, maybe Spain, Italy or Germany might be a good move.

Still, its brilliant that he's getting plaudits. I really hope he is in the squad for March and gets his first cap.

Backwards move? 

The guys 25 and barely strung a good season together since he left Dundee United. He plays for FARENSE, rangers are massive step up in playing level and wages. I am no lover of rangers but they are a decent European team these days and a guy like Gauld would be lucky to be playing for them. 

I think Scotland fans on here need a reality check regarding Gauld. The guy plays for the equivalent of Ross County at the age of 25, he's not the world beater ppl thought he would be and he's certainly not above coming back to play in Scotland especially for a club the size of rangers.