Scottish player transfers - Page 114 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Wonder what his level is. Like Aitchison a decent championship club possibly. 

He badly needs to play first team football but expect he could have a god career in the championship and with a bit of luck, lower end of the EPL.  However, he could also end up dropping right down the leagues. 

8 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He badly needs to play first team football but expect he could have a god career in the championship and with a bit of luck, lower end of the EPL.  However, he could also end up dropping right down the leagues. 

Maybe an spl club might take a chance on him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 7:22 PM, ProudScot said:

Wonder what his level is. Like Aitchison a decent championship club possibly. 

I work with a bloke who's dad scouts for Scotland and Arsenal and knows the Gilmour's personally. I brought this up this week with him and his dad had been speaking to Gilmour's uncle, who said he's not interested in dropping from championship level. It'll be interesting who'll pick him up

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Apparently Juventus are lining up a bid for Billy Gilmour. 
Can’t see him leaving Chelsea, but imagine the lure of playing with Ronaldo and being managed by Pirlo? 

I think Chelsea would be reluctant to sell unless it was some serious cash. Not sure how much that might be. 

30, 40m? 

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think Chelsea would be reluctant to sell unless it was some serious cash. Not sure how much that might be. 

30, 40m? 

Rangers will get a significant fee if that happens won’t they?

I can’t see Chelsea selling him. I’d say him forcing his way into the team is more likely. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Siriki Dembele (Is he Scottish!?) linked with Rangers and Celtic.. according to the sun.

Ahhh the January transfer window rumour mill.. 

Very good player, I'd love him at Rangers. He would fill a homegrown slot we need (only Jack, Arfield and Stewart are homegrown nation). Also I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Celtic given the situation with his brother. Frozen out due to not signing a contract, signing after that, would be like slapping your wee brother in the face.

In another article Fry said Scotland have been to watch him on a few occasions. I don't know if that means he is wanting to play for us or we just wanted to test the waters.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Very good player, I'd love him at Rangers. He would fill a homegrown slot we need (only Jack, Arfield and Stewart are homegrown nation). Also I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Celtic given the situation with his brother. Frozen out due to not signing a contract, signing after that, would be like slapping your wee brother in the face.

In another article Fry said Scotland have been to watch him on a few occasions. I don't know if that means he is wanting to play for us or we just wanted to test the waters.

BB

Why do you need a homegrown slot?

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

BB

Why do you need a homegrown slot?

Europe. You get a 25 man squad but 4 have to be homegrown at the club and 4 homegrown in the nation. Rangers have McGregor and Patterson as homegrown in club and Arfield, Jack and Stewart as homegrown in nation. It means we have basically lost 3 players from a 25 man squad and only have 22 players. Arfield and McGregor will be coming to the end of their tenure in a year or 2, so we need to fill those slots. 

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

5 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Not a transfer as such but Stuart Armstrong signs a new contract.

Well respected by his teams mates, fans and management of his club.

Fantastic pro and well done to him. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55508558 

Agreed, good player. Not flashy but does the basic stuff extremely well.

Strachan waiting too long to give Armstrong his debut. The lad should have been capped whilst still at Dundee Utd.

On 1/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, Burj_Alba said:

Not a transfer as such but Stuart Armstrong signs a new contract.

Well respected by his teams mates, fans and management of his club.

Fantastic pro and well done to him. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55508558 

Armstrong has been outstanding last 18 months or so. Key part to southampton now. Was good against liverpool last night.

Always works his arse off too and capable of a belter every so often.