Scottish player transfers - Page 108 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

8 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I wasnt even arguing that point, fair enough I was wrong about him being released. What I was saying is he won't be getting signed by bayern or roma to be put in their first team squad. What do you not understand about that?

You were wrong.

And you dare call me a simpleton in the other thread. Nice.

Mate, when you resort to childish behavior, and you go down the well, that a certain TAMB mob is down, you instantly lose any pre-existing debate you're in.

The end.

11 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's gone to their B team I think. 

That's disappointing, but makes a lot of sense.

The Reading website made it sound like he'd be in their first team squad, by saying he'll be available for their game at the weekend and he'll be trying to help them improve on last season's position - but that would just article padding.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Fraser did himself no favors with what he said in his interview but that reaction is well OTT imo.  No one bats an eyelid when clubs dump injured players at the end of their contracts on the scrap heap every close season but we're meant to be outraged when a player does the same to a club?!  F***. Right. Off! 

BTW Fraser isn't exactly my favorite player right now as he essentially downed tools for the national team last season too but the fact is the guy was out of contract and had every right to do right by himself first.

Edited by kwhitelaw

25 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Fraser did himself no favors with what he said in his interview but that reaction is well OTT imo.  No one bats an eyelid when clubs dump injured players at the end of their contracts on the scrap heap every close season but we're meant to be outraged when a player does the same to a club?!  F***. Right. Off! 

BTW Fraser isn't exactly my favorite player right now as he essentially downed tools for the national team last season too but the fact is the guy was out of contract and had every right to do right by himself first.

Jordan more or less acknowledged that, he was talking about the exceptional times we are in and for Fraser to come out with that shite was............well it was just stupid

1 hour ago, kwhitelaw said:

Absolutely Fraser had the right to down tools or do whatever the hell he likes. Absolutely. But anyone else also has the right to call him a khunt. 

I can't be arsed to check but presumably Bournemouth extended the deal of every single player in every single one of their teams (from the top team to the U16s)? If not he is a disingenuous turd. The reality is, had Fraser injured himself in the last game of the season, he would not have moved clubs and would likely not have secured himself a multi-million pound signing fee. We all like to say what we would or wouldn't do in this kind of situation, but I can tell you for absolute certain I wouldn't be walking away from a million quid for any company.

Fraser is undoubtedly a turd in my opinion, but not for choosing to no longer be employed by one multinational company (owned by some Russian and various other faceless investors) at the end of his contract and choosing to be employed by another. Football clubs want to act like businesses one minute and a family run shop the next. They are businesses who take hard-nosed business decisions every day, they really should stop acting the fanny when some players choose to do the same as it makes them look like arseholes.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Fraser as good as downed tools in January which is even worse than not taking the short term contract extension .

Why? Because he felt he merited better? He had been a key player for them so surely a full contract should have been offered? If it had then Fraser may have signed it and all the crap thereafter would not have happened.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Why? Because he felt he merited better? He had been a key player for them so surely a full contract should have been offered? If it had then Fraser may have signed it and all the crap thereafter would not have happened.

Pretty sure he had decided to leave so rather than signing a new contract and  Bournemouth getting £25 million + He ran his contract out and received what ever % of that as a sign on fee.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pretty sure he had decided to leave so rather than signing a new contract and  Bournemouth getting £25 million + He ran his contract out and received what ever % of that as a sign on fee.

I'd heard differently. His contract was drawing to an end and Bournemouth offered a short-term contract which he declined to sign and then contract ran out. In no way was he obliged to sign a contract he may have deemed an insult.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd heard differently. His contract was drawing to an end and Bournemouth offered a short-term contract which he declined to sign and then contract ran out. In no way was he obliged to sign a contract he may have deemed an insult.

He downed tools at bournemouth, he even admitted it and apologised BUT that him got his big move and id assume he will move to the northeast of england now. So he will be settled and have no excuses not to play scotland..............

Edited by vanderark14

Anya is only 32?  He always had great games for us, not sure if he still has his pace, likely not, but whenever he played I never had any complaints.  

No appearances for two years, hard not to think his career is over at this point.  

Edited by romanticscot

17 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I've only just learned, Anya was released by Derby back in June and seemingly he's still a free agent (I know he had some injuries at Derby).

I fuqin loved watching him for Scotland.

32 now, apparently.

I'm sure there would be clubs in the Scottish Championship who might be interested in him if he ever fancied coming back up here.

Anya was a great Scotland cult hero of recent years. The wee guy always played his heart out when he played for Scotland :ok:

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm sure there would be clubs in the Scottish Championship who might be interested in him if he ever fancied coming back up here.

Anya was a great Scotland cult hero of recent years. The wee guy always played his heart out when he played for Scotland :ok:

32 isn't necessarily the end of the line. I just hope he has a decent club team lined up to join and hope he stays injury free.

Anya was called up for us fairly late in life, but still managed to get 30+ caps for Scotland - but it just doesn't feel enough for me. I'd love to see him add to that.

I'd have to have a think about it, but I suspect Anya might actually be my favourite Scotland player during my time.

32......... Too late to ever play for Scotland again? Probably, but I'd love to see him in the dark blue again.

15 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

32 isn't necessarily the end of the line. I just hope he has a decent club team lined up to join and hope he stays injury free.

Anya was called up for us fairly late in life, but still managed to get 30+ caps for Scotland - but it just doesn't feel enough for me. I'd love to see him add to that.

I'd have to have a think about it, but I suspect Anya might actually be my favourite Scotland player during my time.

32......... Too late to ever play for Scotland again? Probably, but I'd love to see him in the dark blue again.

Maybe an spl club could take a chance on him. He certainly put in some good performances for Scotland.