Scottish player transfers - Page 107 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

23 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

They play a back three, only place I could see him play is right wing back but that's pushing it.

United have a slightly different role for their wing backs compared to most, in that they cut inside more regularly to allow room for their overlapping centre halves.  Great crossing ability is therefore not as necessary and that might actually suit Burke, if he isn't going to be used as a conventional forward.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Behave yourself. 

He was fucking dire, easily one of the worst I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a player with less in game intelligence, just running about, balls bouncing off his knee, running the ball out the park, he was horrible.

21 minutes ago, Mox said:

He was fucking dire, easily one of the worst I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a player with less in game intelligence, just running about, balls bouncing off his knee, running the ball out the park, he was horrible.

We've went from the worst, to one of the worst in just two posts...well done you

45 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Celtic fans fairly exaggerate how bad burke was for them. Strange considering how many of them were singing his praise in his first 5 or 6 games. He did fade badly as time went on and he was pretty dire for them especially once lennon took over. 

He was horrendous from the get go bar a very good goal against St Mirren I think it was. It's no coincidence that he's failed at every club he's been at since Nottingham Forest as quite simply he's not a footballer. He can run fast and clearly has a sensational agent.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kai-kennedy-leave-rangers-bayern-22356128.amp

Speculative from a couple months ago, but I'd love for Kai Kennedy to leave Rangers. The lad needs game time, and Gerrard doesn't seem to have the desire to play him. Which is bizarre.

Even if he went to Roma or Bayern Munich he'd learn more training with their stars, than even starting in the SPL for Rangers.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

He was horrendous from the get go bar a very good goal against St Mirren I think it was. It's no coincidence that he's failed at every club he's been at since Nottingham Forest as quite simply he's not a footballer. He can run fast and clearly has a sensational agent.

He has attributes that no other Scotland player has. He is quite clearly not a striker, which is where he was mainly played for Celtic. That being said, he got a lot of praise for his harrying abilty. (Miller-esque) I can see why some managers might like him in that role, in a counter attacking team, but Celtic don't need that in the SPFL. Therefore, putting Burke up front was an absolute waste of his best qualities. 

If he is used properly then he will be a huge asset to Scotland. We need someone that can break at speed and carry the ball, he can do that. 

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kai-kennedy-leave-rangers-bayern-22356128.amp

Speculative from a couple months ago, but I'd love for Kai Kennedy to leave Rangers. The lad needs game time, and Gerrard doesn't seem to have the desire to play him. Which is bizarre.

Even if he went to Roma or Bayern Munich he'd learn more training with their stars, than even starting in the SPL for Rangers.

I doubt he would be training with roma or bayerns first team if he moved there. 

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I doubt he would be training with roma or bayerns first team if he moved there. 

You never know.

Even their youth teams are probably dripping with talent, especially Bayern. Talking of Rangers, I was hoping that the young lad King wouldn't sign a new contract with Rangers. Their facilities are fantastic, but I don't trust them with Scottish players. At Hamilton Docherty looked a pretty good prospect. Went to Rangers, now he's joined Hull. Hopefully he reignites himself.

Same with Glenn Middleton. For the under 21s he looked lacking in confidence.

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

You never know.

Even their youth teams are probably dripping with talent, especially Bayern. Talking of Rangers, I was hoping that the young lad King wouldn't sign a new contract with Rangers. Their facilities are fantastic, but I don't trust them with Scottish players. At Hamilton Docherty looked a pretty good prospect. Went to Rangers, now he's joined Hull. Hopefully he reignites himself.

Same with Glenn Middleton. For the under 21s he looked lacking in confidence.

Yeh a guy who is getting released by rangers will be signed by bayern or roma and put straight into the first team squad. 

17 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh a guy who is getting released by rangers will be signed by bayern or roma and put straight into the first team squad. 

Rangers offered him a contract. He rejected it. Pretty cut and dry if you're literate.

That's like saying that Bayern Munich signed Liam Morrison and Barry Hepburn after being released by Celtic. 

Edited by Taylor1996

28 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Oh. There's no way that Chelsea will sign Billy Gilmour after Rangers release him. There's also no chance that he'll be have first team minutes within two years of signing.

Not happening.

Edited by Taylor1996

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Rangers offered him a contract. He rejected it. Pretty cut and dry if you're literate.

That's like saying that Bayern Munich signed Liam Morrison and Barry Hepburn after being released by Celtic. 

I was talking about him training with the first teams of bayern or roma. You don't seriously think he would be training with the first team if he was signed by those teams. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh. There's no way that Chelsea will sign Billy Gilmour after Rangers release him. There's also no chance that he'll be have first team minutes within two years of signing.

Not happening.

I never said any of that, Gilmour went straight into the Chelsea youth set up, I never said anything about Kennedy not being able to make it at a top club, but it's clear he's not going to sign for Bayern or roma and be training with their first team. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I was talking about him training with the first teams of bayern or roma. You don't seriously think he would be training with the first team if he was signed by those teams. 

You quoted my post that said "Youth team". Yes, I'm sure he'd learn tons playing and training with the youths at those teams.

Did you mean to quote my initial post?

He's only 18. So no, probably not. That's why Hickey turned Bayern Munich down, he wanted to be fast-tracked, they didn't.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

I never said any of that, Gilmour went straight into the Chelsea youth set up, I never said anything about Kennedy not being able to make it at a top club, but it's clear he's not going to sign for Bayern or roma and be training with their first team. 

Yes, but it's the exact same situation. Kennedy has rejected a Rangers contract, same as Gilmour.

Why is it that Kennedy was "released" and Gilmour was signed? Both players turned Rangers down.

12 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

You quoted my post that said "Youth team". Yes, I'm sure he'd learn tons playing and training with the youths at those teams.

Did you mean to quote my initial post?

He's only 18. So no, probably not. That's why Hickey turned Bayern Munich down, he wanted to be fast-tracked, they didn't.

Sorry but I give up, read back what you have written, you responded to my post about him training with the first team with "you never know", he's not going to be signed by those clubs to be placed in their first team squads therefore he will not be training with their first team squad. It's worrying that I have to explain your own posts to you. 

Edited by mccaughey85

55 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Sorry but I give up, read back what you have written, you responded to my post about him training with the first team with "you never know", he's not going to be signed by those clubs to be placed in their first team squads therefore he will not be training with their first team squad. It's worrying that I have to explain your own posts to you. 

You said "Yeh a guy who is getting released by rangers will be signed by bayern or roma and put straight into the first team squad."

The operative word being "released". By you saying that Rangers are going to release Kennedy, you're pretty much saying that Kennedy is surplus to requirements at Rangers. That's not the case. Rangers have offered him a contract, and are still hoping that had signs.

If Kennedy does leave Rangers, it'll be because he wants to leave, not the other way round.

So, your sarcastic quip kinda backfired somewhat.

Edited by Taylor1996

Was wondering what the Kai Kennedy situation was, he has been touted by a few ex pros as one of our best prospects, also won player of the tournament at the Arkansas Youth Tournament which Rangers won. By all accounts I think Gerrard really likes him as a player he has had good things to say about him in the past, but he's not signed a new contract which obviously Gerrard doesn't like. Hope something gets sorted and he can start pushing on soon either at Rangers or somewhere else. He may look at Nathan Patterson moving into the first team squad and starting to get mins against the likes of Bayer Leverkusen and still may stay. Wherever he goes he needs to start playing first team games. If Rangers don't bring through some of their prospects it is criminal, they have a good bunch right now

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

You said "Yeh a guy who is getting released by rangers will be signed by bayern or roma and put straight into the first team squad."

The operative word being "released". By you saying that Rangers are going to release Kennedy, you're pretty much saying that Kennedy is surplus to requirements at Rangers. That's not the case. Rangers have offered him a contract, and are still hoping that had signs.

If Kennedy does leave Rangers, it'll be because he wants to leave, not the other way round.

So, your sarcastic quip kinda backfired somewhat.

I wasnt even arguing that point, fair enough I was wrong about him being released. What I was saying is he won't be getting signed by bayern or roma to be put in their first team squad. What do you not understand about that?