Scottish player transfers - Page 97 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

19 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

For the love of God! The world is such a fucking shit show right now, can't we all just discuss Scottish player transfers without taking relentless, monotonous digs at each other? We're supposed to all be on the same fucking side.

Agreed.

In fairness, this part of the site isn't nearly as cringe-inducing as another certain part (Football-non TA section). At least stuff can be semi-on topic here.

That part of the board is simply embarrassing. They're all grown men and they can't go five minutes without insulting each other. It's embarrassing.

Edited by Taylor1996

Although most footballers could play in other positions. Playing well in other positions over a period of time is a different thing.

Its overly simplistic to say that because a centre mid scores goals then he has the attributes to play striker. Scholes and Lampard are classic examples of why. Ferguson experimented with playing Scholes up top a few times and also he could still score goals (because he had talent). He wasnt nearly as affective.

Goal scoring centre mids tend to thrive on timing their run into the box, losing tjeor midfield marker whilst the centre backs are concentrating on the forward players and the current phase of play.

Sticking Turnbull up top takes away most of his best assets. He isnt especially strong or fast so would be an on the shoulder nor a hold the ball up striker. He couldnt ghost as he would have 2 centre backs marking him and he wouldnt be able to score goals from distance as when he dropped deep 1 of the centre backs would go with him.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Although most footballers could play in other positions. Playing well in other positions over a period of time is a different thing.

Its overly simplistic to say that because a centre mid scores goals then he has the attributes to play striker. Scholes and Lampard are classic examples of why. Ferguson experimented with playing Scholes up top a few times and also he could still score goals (because he had talent). He wasnt nearly as affective.

Goal scoring centre mids tend to thrive on timing their run into the box, losing tjeor midfield marker whilst the centre backs are concentrating on the forward players and the current phase of play.

Sticking Turnbull up top takes away most of his best assets. He isnt especially strong or fast so would be an on the shoulder nor a hold the ball up striker. He couldnt ghost as he would have 2 centre backs marking him and he wouldnt be able to score goals from distance as when he dropped deep 1 of the centre backs would go with him.

Agreed. I would add that all top strikers have that innate instinct to be in the right place at the right time in the penalty box. And a striker doesn’t have to be particularly quick if they’ve got the ability to time their runs.

Turnbull may or may not have the attributes to play as a striker, but the fact he plays as a central midfielder would suggest his qualities are better utilised in midfield.

11 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

For the love of God! The world is such a fucking shit show right now, can't we all just discuss Scottish player transfers without taking relentless, monotonous digs at each other? We're supposed to all be on the same fucking side.

It's easy to be on the same side if you are using the same keyboard. ;)

Then again, some folk seem to like to argue with themselves. 

17 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Petty much 100% of my posts, I'm not asking for opinions, etc, as I only care about my opinion.

That’s an odd attitude from someone who’s never slow in sharing their opinion whether they’ve been asked for it or not. 

Surely the whole point in this message board is for people to share their opinions on other posts?

If you don’t want people to give you their opinion then maybe the answer is to not post your opinion in the first place? 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Texas Pete

23 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That’s an odd attitude from someone who’s never slow in sharing their opinion whether they’ve been asked for it or not. 

Surely the whole point in this message board is for people to share their opinions on other posts?

If you don’t want people to give you their opinion then maybe the answer is to not post your opinion in the first place? 

Just my opinion. 

Isn't that the point, though? I offer my opinion because I rate my opinion. I respect other people's opinions, but I don't necessarily think they supersede my own.

Do you know how many times I've talked about a tactic/formation change? Yeah. 95% of those times, I'm been answering questions... Questions that have been asked a thousand times. And yet, for some reason, I'm the one who is accused of being repetitive. There comes a point when you believe that people just don't care to read, or can't.

Nah. I'll continue airing ny opinion. If people disagree with it, fine, but I don't particularly want to discuss it till nausea, though.

And I respect that.

(Didn't I tell you that you'd be accused of being me? I said the same with doeahadeer and Mrniaboc, but again, they didn't pay attention, either.)

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Isn't that the point, though? I offer my opinion because I rate my opinion. I respect other people's opinions, but I don't necessarily think they supersede my own.

Do you know how many times I've talked about a tactic/formation change? Yeah. 95% of those times, I'm been answering questions... Questions that have been asked a thousand times. And yet, for some reason, I'm the one who is accused of being repetitive. There comes a point when you believe that people just don't care to read, or can't.

Nah. I'll continue airing ny opinion. If people disagree with it, fine, but I don't particularly want to discuss it till nausea, though.

And I respect that.

(Didn't I tell you that you'd be accused of being me? I said the same with doeahadeer and Mrniaboc, but again, they didn't pay attention, either.)

Everyone else rates their own opinion though and they are entitled to post it even if it differs from your opinion.

You seem to think you are the only person that’s entitled to share their opinion. This may not really be the case but that’s what your previous posts suggest. 

There’s a couple of idiots on here that think anyone who posts something daft or is a bit of a knob at times is you. That possibly says more about you than them. 😂

Anyway, we’re way off topic. Let’s not ruin another thread with such nonsense. Feel free to send me a PM if you want the last word. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Everyone else rates their own opinion though and they are entitled to post it even if it differs from your opinion.

You seem to think you are the only person that’s entitled to share their opinion. This may not really be the case but that’s what your previous posts suggest. 

There’s a couple of idiots on here that think anyone who posts something daft or is a bit of a knob at times is you. That possibly says more about you than them. 😂

Anyway, we’re way off topic. Let’s not ruin another thread with such nonsense. Feel free to send me a PM if you want the last word. 

They can post it if they like. I don't feel like I own this place (unlike other posters).  The very fact that I've had to answer the same old questions, time after time after time would suggest that I'm wasting my time. From here on in, I'll only reply to a certain few posters, in depth. There's a few decent posters.

It doesn't, though. I mean, I don't mind them think you lot are me. It's a back-handed compliment. They're scared. However, I would be livid if they thought that I was you. 😉

Agreed.

</Topic>

Edited by Taylor1996

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Just my opinion. 

The wee guy is a walloper

11 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Feels like we have to go through this every few months.

Agreed...I'm more a reader than a contributor on this forum but have been on it for years, this guy (I'm not sure if he is the chipper fella) absolutely wrecks discussion after discussion with long winded theories, often as wild as fuck, and that he defends until the death with an air of arrogance that is really, really strange.

Guest ElChris04
On 8/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, 0Neils40yarder said:

It's a real pity that hes signed for that team, as his new manager is borderline retarded...he will learn nothing from him.

For what its worth, Turnbull is tremendously talented, but I cannae see him ever being a striker...a midfield with him and Gilmour in it, will be excellent in a few years when  they are both playing in the EPL

Bang on, and even then that’s putting it lightly. 

He’s regressed many of our best players like McGregor,,Forrest,Christie,Ajer all of who whom where fantastic under Rodgers. 

sooner he’s gone the better, hopefully not too long before he regresses Turnbull onto that list. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:26 PM, 0Neils40yarder said:

Agreed...I'm more a reader than a contributor on this forum but have been on it for years, this guy (I'm not sure if he is the chipper fella) absolutely wrecks discussion after discussion with long winded theories, often as wild as fuck, and that he defends until the death with an air of arrogance that is really, really strange.

This. Draining cretin that he she or they are 

13 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Leeds fans seem to think he's got a bright future. One comment says he was collecting food for nursing staff during height of covid crisis. Sounds a good lad

A bright future as a Tesco delivery driver by the sounds of it