Scottish player transfers - Page 95 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04

I’m absolutely delighted we’ve signed Turnbull, zero concerns he’ll be wasted, he’s levels ahead of McGregor and Christie when they where his age.

hes not signed to play second fiddle, he’s already Frist team quality imo. Hope he gets his first start soon. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/barry-hepburn-completes-bayern-munich-22591809

Another Performance School graduate. Great prospect, hopefully Kai Kennedy makes a similar move, as both are special wingers.

Researching Kennedy, Gerrard has told him he can leave. For a player that's recently been courted by Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Roma, that seems like an interesting decision.

It strikes me that Steven Gerrard just doesn't like Scottish players. 

21 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

I’m absolutely delighted we’ve signed Turnbull, zero concerns he’ll be wasted, he’s levels ahead of McGregor and Christie when they where his age.

hes not signed to play second fiddle, he’s already Frist team quality imo. Hope he gets his first start soon. 

It's a real pity that hes signed for that team, as his new manager is borderline retarded...he will learn nothing from him.

For what its worth, Turnbull is tremendously talented, but I cannae see him ever being a striker...a midfield with him and Gilmour in it, will be excellent in a few years when  they are both playing in the EPL

9 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It's a real pity that hes signed for that team, as his new manager is borderline retarded...he will learn nothing from him.

For what its worth, Turnbull is tremendously talented, but I cannae see him ever being a striker...a midfield with him and Gilmour in it, will be excellent in a few years when  they are both playing in the EPL

He was effectively doing the job of a striker at motherwell which is scoring goals. To score the amount he has for a poor team from midfield shows he has the ability be a striker at spl level at worst. 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He was effectively doing the job of a striker at motherwell which is scoring goals. To score the amount he has for a poor team from midfield shows he has the ability be a striker at spl level at worst. 

All his goals were 'midfielders goals'...strikes from outside the box, making runs from deep etc etc.

Are you Neil Lennon?

21 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

is there an air of desperation here? 

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/barry-hepburn-completes-bayern-munich-22591809

Another Performance School graduate. Great prospect, hopefully Kai Kennedy makes a similar move, as both are special wingers.

Researching Kennedy, Gerrard has told him he can leave. For a player that's recently been courted by Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Roma, that seems like an interesting decision.

It strikes me that Steven Gerrard just doesn't like Scottish players. 

No he hasn’t. He’s in the squad for Hamilton. 

8 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

All his goals were 'midfielders goals'...strikes from outside the box, making runs from deep etc etc.

Are you Neil Lennon?

He scores various types of goals, check out YouTube and you will see that. Infact many of his goals are typical striker goals so I don't understand the 'all his goals were midfielders goals' statement. Regardless, to be able to score the goals he has shows he clearly can finish whether its midfielder goals or not. Who's to say he couldn't score more if he was to start playing upfront. 

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Havering here. 

You disagree? Well fair enough but it's not crazy to suggest that a guy who has scored that many goals for motherwell from midfield could potentially play as a striker.

There's plenty of wingers over the years who then became successful strikers. Not sure I could name many central midfielders who became strikers but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Pretty sure Don Hutchison was a midfielder before he become a striker. 

Paul Scholes started off as a striker, Eric Cantona in goals, etc. There are tons of examples of players being versatile enough to play in multiple positions.

Hell, James Milker has played everywhere (even in goals with leads, when Robinson was sent off).

Could Turnbull play upfront? Yes. He strikes the ball better than any of our strikers. 

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He scores various types of goals, check out YouTube and you will see that. Infact many of his goals are typical striker goals so I don't understand the 'all his goals were midfielders goals' statement. Regardless, to be able to score the goals he has shows he clearly can finish whether its midfielder goals or not. Who's to say he couldn't score more if he was to start playing upfront. 

'Check out youtube'...why would I do that, when I've watched him multiple times in the flesh, and not just the 1st team at motherwell?

You keep believing that hes a striker, Lenny

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Paul Scholes started off as a striker, Eric Cantona in goals, etc. There are tons of examples of players being versatile enough to play in multiple positions.

Hell, James Milker has played everywhere (even in goals with leads, when Robinson was sent off).

Could Turnbull play upfront? Yes. He strikes the ball better than any of our strikers. 

Ronald Koeman struck the ball as good as anyone I've ever seen, I dont think he would describe himself as a striker...

There is more to being a striker than being able to strike the ball cleanly

...I cannae believe I'm getting roped intae this shite

Edited by 0Neils40yarder

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

'Check out youtube'...why would I do that, when I've watched him multiple times in the flesh, and not just the 1st team at motherwell?

You keep believing that hes a striker, Lenny

Then you would know that your statement is false, hes scored a range of different goals for motherwell. 

Your being childish suggesting I am neil lennon, I have never said he's a striker. I suggested he has the attributes to be converted into a striker in the long term. 

The question is did he only score those goals because he was playing as a midfielder and I would say it wasn't. I think he would of still scored most of his goals if he had started up front and I reckon there's a chance he might of got more. 

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Then you would know that your statement is false, hes scored a range of different goals for motherwell. 

Your being childish suggesting I am neil lennon, I have never said he's a striker. I suggested he has the attributes to be converted into a striker in the long term. 

The question is did he only score those goals because he was playing as a midfielder and I would say it wasn't. I think he would of still scored most of his goals if he had started up front and I reckon there's a chance he might of got more. 

As I said Lenny, you keep believing that based on watching him on YouTube...hes a tremendous midfield player

47 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Ronald Koeman struck the ball as good as anyone I've ever seen, I dont think he would describe himself as a striker...

There is more to being a striker than being able to strike the ball cleanly

...I cannae believe I'm getting roped intae this shite

Yes. But being a striker isn't all about free kicks and penalties, either.

The question is: Could David Turnbull play as a striker?

My answer: Yes.

I'm not asking you to reply. My answer is what I think, if you disagree then fair enough. I'm not asking for your opinion.

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yes. But being a striker isn't all about free kicks and penalties, either.

The question is: Could David Turnbull play as a striker?

My answer: Yes.

I'm not asking you to reply. My answer is what I think, if you disagree then fair enough. I'm not asking for your opinion.

I'm going to give you it anyway...yes, he could play striker, but he could also play right back...it would be ludicrous to play him anywhere other than midfield 

7 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Jury is out on this. He could become the next Gerd Muller or even the next Alan McInally but could also be the be the next Robbie Foy, big opportunity but he has got to take it. 

Jury is out on what? The boys ability, or that it's been a known secret for months that he'd be heading to Germany?