Scottish player transfers - Page 86 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It doesnt have to be about the fans and its not about hanging around a relegation threatened team. He could have played, given everything to put himself in the shop window to attract bigger clubs and possibly a pre contract. 

Instead, the perception which he created is one of a selfish person and a non team player. I say that as a big fan and someone who really wanted him to do succeed in the EPL and with scotland. There arent many players scotland who do that nowadays let alone from aberdeen.

While it definitely doesn't make him look good, he isn't the first and he won't be the last to not give a shit about "optics". I'll be very, very suprised if he doesn't already have a moved lined up such as the Everton one that's been speculated on. If that's the case, he'd be nuts to risk getting injured. It was obvious from the way he left Aberdeen that he was that type of player and his Scotland career also reflects it so I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Everton is a massive step up from Bournemouth, both in terms of club size, history and future. There's money there and the chance to work with a manager like Ancelotti doesn't come along too often for guys who have so far played for Aberdeen and Bournemouth.

11 hours ago, scotlad said:

He's a right-sided attacking midfielder, who can also play on the left. Some people on here think he could operate as a full-back too, but, tellingly, none of the people who've actually coached him seem to share that point of view.

Probably played 90% of his games over the last two years on the left, no idea why people keep putting him on the right. Three years ago he played every position on the left and right including right back twice. His stats for positions three years ago were really funny but I got pretty excited  when they tried him at right back for the last two games of the season due to our problems there. Started out on the left wing in 18/19 and that was were he looked like a £50 million pound player.

Stats wise he can't defend so unless we find two central defenders I doubt if he is the answer.

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

While it definitely doesn't make him look good, he isn't the first and he won't be the last to not give a shit about "optics". I'll be very, very suprised if he doesn't already have a moved lined up such as the Everton one that's been speculated on. If that's the case, he'd be nuts to risk getting injured. It was obvious from the way he left Aberdeen that he was that type of player and his Scotland career also reflects it so I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Everton is a massive step up from Bournemouth, both in terms of club size, history and future. There's money there and the chance to work with a manager like Ancelotti doesn't come along too often for guys who have so far played for Aberdeen and Bournemouth.

I don't think anyone is surprised and I have already acknowledged the step up to everton but its underwhelming. Everton have history and bigger support but they are a bang average side in that league. He will earn more money so good luck to him, big dunc won;t take any of his selfishness 😂

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think anyone is surprised and I have already acknowledged the step up to everton but its underwhelming. Everton have history and bigger support but they are a bang average side in that league. He will earn more money so good luck to him, big dunc won;t take any of his selfishness 😂

Good point, maybe working with Big Dunc will be good for him! Although might not help in getting him to play for Scotland more often...

17 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Aye, much better hanging about a small, relegation-threatened team. Folk need to get to grips with the fact that football is a job for the vast majority of these guys so they’ll look out for themselves over clubs and fans all day long.

From one average team to another. No one is doubting that but there are plenty of players who would still give something back to the club that gave them a chance. He just seems like an absolute wank

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Correct. I doubt he would play every week there either, they like to make lots of signings so he will have competition.

Mind people thought he was going to liverpool haha, fuck me

On 7/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, Third Lanark said:

What happened to him? Was there some kind of Munich beer hall putsch to get rid?

I think he is very much alive and kicking.

Diamond Scot appears to adopt a similar style, notably using 749 words when one or two would do.  

My suspicions might be well wide of the mark, mind you. 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Could be bollocks but Steve Bruce reportedly in for McGinn once Villa go down. Signed him for Villa of course. Good move?

If not Newcastle then probably go to another lower PL team unless he wants to stay at Villa for other reasons. 

Think only him, Grealish and a few others will be in the PL next season with other clubs. The rest didn't quite cut it.

I see Turnbull to Newcastle is on the BBC "Gossip" site again. Would love this to work out for him but two things worry me.

Would he not be better with half a season under his belt again at Motherwell to regain match fitness and confidence

If the much mooted Saudi takeover happens they will do a City and buy every available superstar available so game time will be severely limited.

Could be a massive player for us in the future.

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

I see Turnbull to Newcastle is on the BBC "Gossip" site again. Would love this to work out for him but two things worry me.

Would he not be better with half a season under his belt again at Motherwell to regain match fitness and confidence

If the much mooted Saudi takeover happens they will do a City and buy every available superstar available so game time will be severely limited.

Could be a massive player for us in the future.

Signing for newcastle and then being loaned out to Motherwell or the championship for 6months would be ideal 

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Calvin Miller off to France. He was one for the future a few seasons ago, could he still be?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/calvin-miller-set-amiens-switch-22397860

Absolutely no chance.

He wasn't good enough for a shite Dundee team that got relegated, and he is never a defender, average going forward, but no football brain, so many bad decisions by him it was ridiculous.

If he ever gets capped by Scotland, Id be absolutely amazed.

18 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Livi reject  £1million offer for dykes from barnsley. 

This thread is for Scotland players.

Dykes is officially an Australian and it's likely he'll stay that way.

He won't declare for us.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

In what way is he "Officially" Australian? 

He's a citizen of the Commonwealth of Australia.

And because that's what FIFA also consider his nationality to be at present.

Edited by ErsatzThistle