Scottish player transfers - Page 84 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 6/23/2020 at 8:16 PM, wee-toon-red said:

Shite for Robby McRorie though, they must’ve decided he’s not going to be good enough to take over from mcgregor.

Tbf mcrories only 22 and mcgregor is 38, potentially mcgregor might only have a couple of seasons left, mcrorie could take over from mcgregor when he's 24 with mclaughlin brought in just incase mcrorie isn't good enough to take over. Rangers have to cover all bases. 

57 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ryan Fraser to Celtic according to the Scottish Sun. That would be disappointing. 

While it would of been nice to see him at a top six epl side it wouldn't be terrible for him to go to celtic. I reckon he would be more available for Scotland at celtic and if celtic could have an all Scottish midfield and striker playing together every week then it could be beneficial to the national team. 

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

While it would of been nice to see him at a top six epl side it wouldn't be terrible for him to go to celtic. I reckon he would be more available for Scotland at celtic and if celtic could have an all Scottish midfield and striker playing together every week then it could be beneficial to the national team. 

def would be better if he was in the EPL.  The Spl just isn’t a competitive enough league for international level footballers.  Plus there is a risk the season may be held back in which case he would be unlikely to be available for the forthcoming international matches.

11 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Not sure about wages but I’m assuming he would be earning around 30k a week at Bournemouth and he’s leaving them for a better wage. If he joins a top 10 EPL club then talking at least 50k a week. Doubt Celtic can pay those sort of wages. 

a quick google suggests 27k and I'd imagine his big superstar move that he has lined up wil be worth a fair chunk more than that so doubt Celtic would be even close to paying that.

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

def would be better if he was in the EPL.  The Spl just isn’t a competitive enough league for international level footballers.  Plus there is a risk the season may be held back in which case he would be unlikely to be available for the forthcoming international matches.

No change there then. :D

Seriously though, the only way moving to Celtic would be career-enhancing for him would be if they started qualifying for the Champions League group stages again. Of course, his presence in the team might help in that respect but outwith that, he'd just be playing against mediocrity in the SPFL every week.  He'd be selling himself short by going to Celtic at this point in his career, IMO.

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Craig Gordon signs for Hearts.

I am happy Gordon is going to be playing regular but it will be at a lower level, I can see him getting called up but what we really need is someone in the 24-28 age bracket playing regular at a high level......and actually be a decent keeper. 

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I am happy Gordon is going to be playing regular but it will be at a lower level, I can see him getting called up but what we really need is someone in the 24-28 age bracket playing regular at a high level......and actually be a decent keeper. 

TIme to move past Gordon I think

6 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Who do we have that fits the bill in that age group? 

18 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Angus Gunn is probably a mark up on any other option in that age bracket &  he might change his mind within a year or 2 due to the fact that unless he establishes himself as a regular at a Epl club he isn't getting in the England squad . 

I will dare ask if anyone would still object to his having declared his preference for England over Scotland? 
It wouldn’t bother me as he knows it could only help his professional career to perform well if it ever happened. 

glad to hear Gordon going back to his old club. Pleased for both parties and reckon he’s been a good ‘servant’ for the national team . Though away to look at his career stats.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:07 AM, theabsentee said:

Angus Gunn is probably a mark up on any other option in that age bracket &  he might change his mind within a year or 2 due to the fact that unless he establishes himself as a regular at a Epl club he isn't getting in the England squad . 

Aye just what we want - I couldn't get a game for my own country so I'm happy to play for you lot instead.  There's no indication that Gunn intends changing his mind but he can GTF if he does.  We should never be anybody's second choice.