Scottish player transfers - Page 81 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

6 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Not a Scottish transfer but it looks like Arteta is lining up the PSG left back Kurzawa on a 5 year deal, either on a free in the summer or possibly for a fee in January. What that means for Tierney I don't know.

Probably means it’s curtains for him if true.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Probably means it’s curtains for him if true.

It would be quite a jump for Arteta to replace a very promising young LB just signed in a 5 year deal for £25m after 6 months/1season. Who would take him, how much would they get back, that’s a big contract to have to pay up. The big negative for Tierney so far has been his injury record at the end of his Celtic career and so far with Arsenal.

18 year old winger/attacking midfielder , Scott Banks, joins Crystal Palace from Dundee United. Was out of contract in the summer and refused to sign a new contract so had been frozen out at Tannadice after first month or so of the season. Made big impression on loan at Clyde last season as a 17 year old. According to most that have seen him, he is a very talented lad

Edited by GHfaeGTA

3 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

18 year old winger/attacking midfielder , Scott Banks, joins Crystal Palace from Dundee United. Was out of contract in the summer and refused to sign a new contract so had been frozen out at Tannadice after first month or so of the season. Made big impression on loan at Clyde last season as a 17 year old. According to most that have seen him, he is a very talented lad

He looked promising for the 17 minutes of his United career I witnessed at Tynecastle in the first game of the season.  

46 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Dundee Utd seem to be accepting the fact they'll lose Shankland in the summer but refuse to sell him this window.

If anyone bids even a couple of million he will absolutely leave. No Championship Scottish club would ever be able to turn that cash down. 

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

If anyone bids even a couple of million he will absolutely leave. No Championship Scottish club would ever be able to turn that cash down. 

Absolutely no chance that anyone is giving a Champ team 2 mill. United would bite at a mill and buying teams know that.

6 hours ago, WCTA said:

Absolutely no chance that anyone is giving a Champ team 2 mill. United would bite at a mill and buying teams know that.

Neilson said yesterday that bids of a million will be papped out of the window.  I know talk is cheap but I think it'll take a couple of million to sell now rather than the summer.

Personally I reckon he'll go before the end of the week.

8 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Neilson said yesterday that bids of a million will be papped out of the window.  I know talk is cheap but I think it'll take a couple of million to sell now rather than the summer.

If he keeps up this scoring form in the big boys league he will be worth a lot more to United next season. It would be daft to let him go now

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If he keeps up this scoring form in the big boys league he will be worth a lot more to United next season. It would be daft to let him go now

Totally.  It just depends where the price outweighs that value in goals.  It's not a million, but is it two million?  Definitely three million.

He's played Hearts once and Hibs twice this season and scored three (great) goals, no reason to think he can't score in Premiership.

Edited by adamntg

Guest ElChris04
39 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51292636

Craig Gordon could be on his way back to Hearts.  This could be good for us if he gets regular game time, I'd much rather have him in goal than any of the other options currently available!

Brilliant news, good servant for us at club level but I’ve been desperate for him to move on giving how badly we need a good keeper. Liam Kelly looks to be getting in form. 

But a experienced Gordon who’s a cracking shot stopper on his day i would much rather have. Hopefully does good at hearts. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Latest rumour is Southampton in for him for £3m

Guest ElChris04
7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It's a pity nobody has seen this version of Gordon for nearly 3 year.

Before Bain displaced him before Rodgers left he was hot and cold. When he played this season for us in the EL he made some pretty impressive saves against Cluj in a makeshift Celtic team. 

Best thing we can hope for is a move to hearts and him getting his form back with regular game time. 

8 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Brilliant news, good servant for us at club level but I’ve been desperate for him to move on giving how badly we need a good keeper. Liam Kelly looks to be getting in form. 

But a experienced Gordon who’s a cracking shot stopper on his day i would much rather have. Hopefully does good at hearts. 

Good for Scotland and Celtic. He is on like 20k a week, that's first choice keeper money. Celtic starting to get rid of quite a few backup high earners. We've been doing the same, still quite a few to go for both clubs. I hope to god someone is stupid enough to take Barker off us permanently.