Scottish player transfers - Page 79 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

8 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

So, would these be the Centre Backs we'd be looking to in the coming years?

George Johnston (20) FEYENOORD 
Ryan Porteus (20) HIBS 
Jamie Hamiltom (16) HAMILTON CB
Leon King (15) RANGERS CB
Liam Morrison (16) BAYERN CB
Lewis Mayo (19) RANGERS

Apologies for errors in ages etc.

Hamilton is 17

Anytime I've seen Mayo in Rangers youth sides, I've thought he's looked decent due to his physicality at that level but I wouldn't put him potentially on the level of the others on that list. He could eventually develop into a good CB but I'm not sure it will be at Rangers. He is miles behind our current 4 CB's and McCrorie. Then If King signs a pro contract, he would probably be behind him within a year.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

8 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

So, would these be the Centre Backs we'd be looking to in the coming years?

George Johnston (20) FEYENOORD 
Ryan Porteus (20) HIBS 
Jamie Hamiltom (16) HAMILTON CB
Leon King (15) RANGERS CB
Liam Morrison (16) BAYERN CB
Lewis Mayo (19) RANGERS

Apologies for errors in ages etc.

There seems to be a lot of great young players coming through in most positions, that if they develop properly could end up with us having a very good young team (that won't get any caps until they are 25)

GK - Robby McCrorie 21

RB - Nathan Patterson 18

CB - Leon King 15

CB - Liam Morrison 16

LB - Aaron Hickey 17

CM - Billy Gilmour 18

CM - David Turnbull 20

CM - Dean Campbell 18

RW - Mikey Johnston 20

LW - Kai Kennedy 17

ST - Dapo Mebude 18 (not really sure about any other striker tbh)

There are a ton of others (quite a few under 16 are supposed to be fantastic) who could progress and become great players, these are just the guys I see going the farthest at 21 and under in each position.

Please, please, please, please can we take it easy with the excitement over these young players ?

We did that a few times in the recent past with groups of young Scots players that promised so much and then a couple of years later on were left very disappointed when most of them flopped.

Don't get too excited about them.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Please, please, please, please can we take it easy with the excitement over these young players ?

We did that a few times in the recent past with groups of young Scots players that promised so much and then a couple of years later on were left very disappointed when most of them flopped.

I dunno Feruz turned out okay

18 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Who's getting excited? It's just a list of potential players.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:46 AM, PASTA Mick said:

Carlisle Utd confirm loan deal for Wolves midfielder Elliot Watt

Watt has plenty of potential.  It will be good to see how he gets on.  

This could be an interesting one.

Need George Johnston to get a loan move too.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

On 12/29/2019 at 7:47 PM, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

There seems to be a lot of great young players coming through in most positions, that if they develop properly could end up with us having a very good young team (that won't get any caps until they are 25)

GK - Robby McCrorie 21

RB - Nathan Patterson 18

CB - Leon King 15

CB - Liam Morrison 16

LB - Aaron Hickey 17

CM - Billy Gilmour 18

CM - David Turnbull 20

CM - Dean Campbell 18

RW - Mikey Johnston 20

LW - Kai Kennedy 17

ST - Dapo Mebude 18 (not really sure about any other striker tbh)

There are a ton of others (quite a few under 16 are supposed to be fantastic) who could progress and become great players, these are just the guys I see going the farthest at 21 and under in each position.

Lewis ferguson still only 20. Least he's playing first team week in week out as opposed to some players mentioned there. 

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Could be a good move. 

From the team that's second bottom in league one to the team that's bottom in league one.

Ok Bolton were deducted 12 points so it's a move from the team that's second bottom to the team that should be second bottom.

If Ethan Hamilton plays for Scotland I'l change my name to The Dark Knight, think he argued that he was seen as a better prospect than McTominay

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

From the team that's second bottom in league one to the team that's bottom in league one.

Ok Bolton were deducted 12 points so it's a move from the team that's second bottom to the team that should be second bottom.

If Ethan Hamilton plays for Scotland I'l change my name to The Dark Knight, think he argued that he was seen as a better prospect than McTominay

From the clips I have seen of him he looks quite good, obviously that's not a very accurate way of telling if he will do well in his career. He probably won't make it at man u as he's 21 now but he can still have a decent career in the English championship which is where I think he will eventually settle. Bolton sounds like a tough place to have to go as they are destined for relegation. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Lewis Morgan off to MLS? Think I read that correct..

Inter Miami. Could be good for him. They Will have world class facilities and a good coaching staff. He isn't good enough for Celtic atm, so It might just be what he needs to revitalise his career and get to that level.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

On 1/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Liam Smith's move from Killie to Man City confirmed.

£200,000 training compo.

4 year deal.

Is this good for him or not? Can't make up my mind. 

Positives: huge club bankrolled by a country with mind boggling infrastructure, facilities, coaches etc.

Negatives. Small fish in an ocean.  Could be lost to youth, U23 and loan spells instead of 1st team football while he is hyped up by desperate supporters.