Scottish player transfers - Page 78 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

55 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I think rangers need to strength on the RW, as in one proper quality player but Ojo, Barker, Murphy, Stewart, etc could, should be binned. Along with Polster, Doc, King and others.

It is truly infuriating Kennedy, Mebude, Patterson, Kelly, Robby McCrorie would all have first team minutes at any other club in the SPL and I include Celtic on that list. Rangers have put a massive focus on improving our youth academy in the last five years and we put more resources into it than any other club in Scotland. This is resulting in us winning the u18s (last year), our colts in wafer cup semis, u19 generation into the knockouts of the uefa youth League, winning the u16s (this year) and u18s unbeaten (so far this year). So how on earth are these lads not even being given a chance to show what they can do.

The excuse is ohh 55 and stopping 10 in a row is too important, aye very good and what happens if that doesn't happen this year. Do we just write of giving these lads a chance until we win the league... Even when we do eventually win the league again, it will be ohh it's too important we need to build a gap between us and them. 

I'm not advocating playing these lads in high pressure games and thrown in at the deep end. What I atleast want is 1 or 2 of these lads on the bench against bottom 6 sides (no disrespect), if we are up by a few goals bring them on and let them show what they can do, if they do well start using them in more high pressure games and so on.

Rangers youth system has produced but a handful of good players in the last two decades

The liquidation didn't help but either side of it, still a basket case

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

Rangers youth system has produced but a handful of good players in the last two decades

The liquidation didn't help but either side of it, still a basket case

Yip just Ferguson, McGregor, Hutton, fleck, Adam, McCormack, Wilson.

We also apparently brought through Kenny McLean and Greg Taylor before releasing them at 16/17

Some decent players but that is shockingly few for 20 years.

Like I said we have completely revamped our youth system and it is now producing players who can compete against great teams at the same age and is dominating the different age groups. Outside of McCrorie's and S.Kelly, nearly all of our most promising young players have either just turned 18 or are younger. I feel these young lads should be getting some minutes or even making the bench but the true litmus test will be over the next 2 years (when these lads start hitting 20) if they haven't gotten minutes by then, then Gerrard should hang his head in shame. The likes of Kennedy, Mebude, Patterson are some of the most promising at their age group in Scotland, yet can't get near a match day squad. Tonight if those 3 lads played for Celtic they would be starting against Cluj

On 12/14/2019 at 7:45 PM, Tartan Chris said:

Eamonn Brophy being linked to PNE, would be good move for him.

I'm not sure.  Preston have quite a few forwards with Louis Moult still to come back.

If the terrible Jayden Stockley can get games there is no reason why Brophy couldn't but I wouldn't expect him to be starting most weeks. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Yip just Ferguson, McGregor, Hutton, fleck, Adam, McCormack, Wilson.

We also apparently brought through Kenny McLean and Greg Taylor before releasing them at 16/17

Some decent players but that is shockingly few for 20 years.

Like I said we have completely revamped our youth system and it is now producing players who can compete against great teams at the same age and is dominating the different age groups. Outside of McCrorie's and S.Kelly, nearly all of our most promising young players have either just turned 18 or are younger. I feel these young lads should be getting some minutes or even making the bench but the true litmus test will be over the next 2 years (when these lads start hitting 20) if they haven't gotten minutes by then, then Gerrard should hang his head in shame. The likes of Kennedy, Mebude, Patterson are some of the most promising at their age group in Scotland, yet can't get near a match day squad. Tonight if those 3 lads played for Celtic they would be starting against Cluj

Naismith was released by Rangers at about 14/15 too.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, adamntg said:

A Celtic website (not sure which one) is suggesting them and Rangers both looking at £2.5m bids for Louis Appere in January. 

Find it hard to believe, but if true then I hope United would bite their hand off. He’s good, but he no that good. 

12 months ago he was at Broughty United 😂👍 

Hope he stays, early days but I like him. Talented kid and seems to have the right attitude. 

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

12 months ago he was at Broughty United 😂👍 

Hope he stays, early days but I like him. Talented kid and seems to have the right attitude. 

It was less than 12 months. He only went on loan in January and stayed until end of last season scoring a bucketload of goals.  Quite an upturn in his fortunes since

On 12/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, adamntg said:

A Celtic website (not sure which one) is suggesting them and Rangers both looking at £2.5m bids for Louis Appere in January. 

Find it hard to believe, but if true then I hope United would bite their hand off. He’s good, but he no that good. 

is he eligible to play for Scotland....  

5 hours ago, WCTA said:

Says he had trials with Roma in Italy also. 

United signed him up shortly after that trial on recommendation of Austin McPhee. He was playing for AM Soccer in Cupar, academy set up by McPhee. Fife lad brought up in village near Falkland I believe. Unusual surname though for a Fifer

28 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Hamilton defender Jamie Hamilton linked with £1.5m move to Burnley or Brighton

Does anyone know anything about him on here, he's only 17 but has been playing for Hamilton recently. Not sure it's a great move as he would be going to play in their u23s. Maybe better staying and playing first team football for a couple of years then moving.

I think you’re right; it’s far better gaining top-flight experience in Scotland than going to play in essentially a youth league in England. He’d probably quadruple his salary, so you could hardly blame the laddie for going, but he’d learn much more playing first-team football for a couple of seasons. After that, if he’s good enough, he would move to play first-team football at a club like Burnley or Brighton.

6 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Does anyone know anything about him on here, he's only 17 but has been playing for Hamilton recently. Not sure it's a great move as he would be going to play in their u23s. Maybe better staying and playing first team football for a couple of years then moving.

At 17/18 high level coaching and training is better than first team football, 19+ is when first team football starts to become more important than training. Also too much football at 17 can have a detrimental effect on a young players body, especially in such a physical league and position. 

He started against rangers and had a very good game. He is quite decent on the ball and could go far. I'd also say accies will have a few other decent players coming through. They won the u18 league in 2018 and the vast majority of that team will be 17-19 now. Lewis Smith seems to be the other standout for them.

23 minutes ago, daviebee said:

So this Jamie Hamilton - not another left-back I hope?

He’s a left footed defender who plays on the left hand side of the defence.

We also have Tony Gallagher at Liverpool coming through so that’s those two potentially after Robertson, Tierney & Taylor.

Madness.