Scottish player transfers - Page 74 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

42 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Shite - I'm getting Scott Fraser mixed up with Scott Allan.  Sorry.

Haha not to worry, makes more sense. Too many Scotts. 

I was sure I'd remember that! 

Still boggled my mind seeing GMS come on for Scotland at Hampden, having watched him wearing the Diamond. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-rising-star-leon-king-20845875.amp

Could be another Gilmour situation. I'd love him to stay as he is probably considered our best youth prospect but wouldn't begrudge him the move.

Leipzig would probably be best for his development, they have a fantastic youth program and aren't afraid to go with young CBs in their first team(Upamecano, Konate), so he'd have a better chance of making it to the first team in the next 3/4 years.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-rising-star-leon-king-20845875.amp

Could be another Gilmour situation. I'd love him to stay as he is probably considered our best youth prospect but wouldn't begrudge him the move.

Leipzig would probably be best for his development, they have a fantastic youth program and aren't afraid to go with young CBs in their first team(Upamecano, Konate), so he'd have a better chance of making it to the first team in the next 3/4 years.

Yeah - I remember people saying the same about Leipzig being such a great move for Burke for the same reasons.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apologies I didn't think he had started so many games.

Can't see him getting much game time at Liverpool though

True, not easy to displace Mane and Salah, for sure.

Tho.. Shaqiri managed to make 30 appearances last season.. If you're wanting to win the league and the champions league you're going to need depth, so if Fraser became a Shaqiri or Origi type player who makes 20-30 appearances a season and trains with a top calibre of player all the time, then I don't think that'd do us any hard all.

Talking of transfer gossip, I think the people who claimed that Leicester wanted Callum McGregor can now see how ridiculous the rumour was.

Leicester have, potentially, the strongest central midfield in the EPL.

Ndidi and Tielemans are two world class anchormen and Maddison is progressing into  a really good player. All three are 22 years old.  McGregor would've been a squad player.

Truth is, McGregor hasn't progressed since his Notts County days.

2 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Talking of transfer gossip, I think the people who claimed that Leicester wanted Callum McGregor can now see how ridiculous the rumour was.

Ndidi and Tielemans are two world class anchormen and Maddison is progressing into  a really good player. All three are 22 years old.  McGregor would've been a squad player.

True he is still that same wide midfielder who came back from notts county, that Celtic fans wanted rid of. 

He has massively progressed and changed his game since then and became a very good cm. What I would say however, is that he has stagnated in the last couple of years. It tends to happen in the SPL after a few years, player improves to a good level, but isn't tested enough to improve further or is training with average players, average coach's/facilities, etc.

6 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Unless, I suppose, they are aware of incoming bids for some of their current squad in Jan or, more likely, end of the season? 

Never know. Could be that Rodgers was keen to bring him in when first taking the job but has since changed his mind based on what he is getting out of the current players. Could be there was never anything in it and it was just lazy paper talk. 

Ach, I'd say Mcgregor proved last Thursday that he has improved since his Notts County days, having a very good game in Rome. He also had a good game in the home leg of that particular tie. 

He'd not get in the Leicester team, though, as it stands, that's for sure. 

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

:lol::lol:

You're trying too hard to be controversial. Have a day off.

This is a place where certain individuals are rejoicing and actually laughing at one of our best players being injured (Scott McTominay), a place where if you mention that you watched Scotland participating in an historical tournament you're told to "get a life" (By you, if i recall correctly) and a place where the vast majority want the Scotland football team to play in a system that makes vulnerable all our weaknesses.

I'm way past explaining myself in this place.

For the aforementioned reasons, not only do I genuinely think there are people here who aren't Scotland fans, I think there are people here who aren't interested in football, i also think there sre one or two who like seeing Scotland lose (a nod to the chap who couldn't help him/herself sticking a laughing emoji on a young man, McTominay, facing a lengthy injury)

For old times sake, though, didn't Virgin Van Dijk say that he learned more in five matches in the EPL with Southampton than he did in two years in the SPL with Celtic? Yes, he did. But maybe he was just trying to be controversial...