Scottish player transfers - Page 71 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

57 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The BBC are reporting that KV Kortrijk have the option to buy Hornby at the end of of the season if they want,

Sorry to say, but that suggests to me that Everton don't have any long term plans for him.

Strange as Unsworth rates him and has recommended him for the first team and the fans seems excited by him too

1 minute ago, csinclair said:

Strange as Unsworth rates him and has recommended him for the first team and the fans seems excited by him too

That's nice but at Everton, ultimately it's Marco Silva who has the final say on the players, not Unsworth. 

If what the BBC says is true that Everton have inserted a buy clause in Hornby's deal then it seems to me that they are aren't that bothered about losing him.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's nice but at Everton, ultimately it's Marco Silva who has the final say on the players, not Unsworth. 

If what the BBC says is true that Everton have inserted a buy clause in Hornby's deal then it seems to me that they are aren't that bothered about losing him.

Hopefully he has a good season in Belgium then.

Aston Villa paid £22million for a striker who scored 10 goals in that division last season so what would it say about Hornby if he could hit 10? Probably nothing to most fans as he's not Brazilian....

Intriguing move that one, Burke isn't scared of going abroad at least. Alaves only last few years have been defensive minded team that have got them excellent results. Very much play on counter attack and low scorers.

Let's see if he can outscore John Guidetti. Almost like the powers at be were watching my debate with @scotlad and all these brilliant Swedish strikers in La Liga....😂

14 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Intriguing move that one, Burke isn't scared of going abroad at least. Alaves only last few years have been defensive minded team that have got them excellent results. Very much play on counter attack and low scorers.

Let's see if he can outscore John Guidetti. Almost like the powers at be were watching my debate with @scotlad and all these brilliant Swedish strikers in La Liga....😂

He won't.  😋

Seriously, I hope he does. 

I think Burke has something, he mibee just needs to find the right coach.

I do wonder if a problem is this desire to convert him into a central striker.

Just looking at his golden run at Forest which got him the Leipzig move and he was certainly playing out wide in those days (Britt Asambalonga was Forest central striker back then).

Since Leipzig he's played pretty much upfront hasn't he? Don't think he's got the nous for that, would rather have space infront of him to run onto.

It would be like Daniel James being converted into central striker for Man. United given his goalscoring run.

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

That could end up working well for everyone, hendry has the potential to be a good solid player however for that he requires  game time 

Take it you never saw him play for Celtic then ?

He was garbage. It was embarrassing how out of his depth he was.

Not good enough.