Scottish player transfers - Page 68 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hopefully Arsenal will look after him better than Celtic have.  It's criminal how much football we made him play before last season and how we held off his op at the end of last season.

Aye, he should have had his op after the league title was secured.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, ceudmilefailte said:

Celtic are close to announcing the signing of a new left-back, moving Kieran Tierney one step closer to a move away from Glasgow. A £3m deal to bring Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in from Rapid Vienna is expected in the coming days, with Bhoys boss Neil Lennon describing the transfer as ‘not too far away.’

It's from The Sun, but if true it looks like Tierney will be going, unless Celtic have decided to start spending millions on squad players.More paper talk but Napoli interest has been renewed due to problems with alternative left back targets.

6-1 on for a move to Arsenal mind you, but what do the bookies know

not sure been mentioned - but see that he is Lukaku's cousin

Don't really understand the point of him signing for Getafe with that happening.

It's not like they've changed manager and the new one dosen't rate him like David Bates found at SV Hamburg this season.  Seem to have pretty much the same size squad as last season and now playing in europa so he could've surely got some starts in that competition if not the league.

Should've just signed a new deal at Malaga. Alcocoron got less chance of promotion than them you'd think from Segunda.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Don't really understand the point of him signing for Getafe with that happening.

It's not like they've changed manager and the new one dosen't rate him like David Bates found at SV Hamburg this season.  Seem to have pretty much the same size squad as last season and now playing in europa so he could've surely got some starts in that competition if not the league.

Should've just signed a new deal at Malaga. Alcocoron got less chance of promotion than them you'd think from Segunda.

It might be that Getafe see him as one for the future, after all he is still in his early 20s, but agree that we will probably not see him in a Scotland shirt any time soon...

Apparently Celtic are going to sign Greg Taylor as early as next week.

If Taylor turns into a top left back (he has all the attributes to do so) that'll mean we have three top notch left backs.

If it does happen there's definitely scope to play all three together.

Tierney reminds me of Gary Neville. At youth level Neville was a top center back, but he got shifted to right back, mainly due to his height. I could definitely see Tierney playing in a three as he's got a good leap on him.

Let's see how committed he is to playing for Scotland first, though.

On 10 August 2019 at 10:01 PM, Tartan Chris said:

This might surprise you but sometimes managers sign players not really knowing what they are like and how they'll fit into the team or squad.

i know a current SPFL player who signed for a new club - not his current one - who couldn't break into the first team despite being promised when he signed that he would be playing.  After a few months he went to see the manager to see what the problem was only to be told words to the effect of "you're one of the most skilful players at the club but you don't fit into the way I want to play".  To which the obvious response is "why the F did you sign me then".  

7 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Apparently Celtic are going to sign Greg Taylor as early as next week.

If Taylor turns into a top left back (he has all the attributes to do so) that'll mean we have three top notch left backs.

If it does happen there's definitely scope to play all three together.

Tierney reminds me of Gary Neville. At youth level Neville was a top center back, but he got shifted to right back, mainly due to his height. I could definitely see Tierney playing in a three as he's got a good leap on him.

Let's see how committed he is to playing for Scotland first, though.

Even Gary Neville wouldn't describe himself as a top class centre back. 

4 hours ago, aaid said:

This might surprise you but sometimes managers sign players not really knowing what they are like and how they'll fit into the team or squad.

i know a current SPFL player who signed for a new club - not his current one - who couldn't break into the first team despite being promised when he signed that he would be playing.  After a few months he went to see the manager to see what the problem was only to be told words to the effect of "you're one of the most skilful players at the club but you don't fit into the way I want to play".  To which the obvious response is "why the F did you sign me then".  

Scot allan springs to mind

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Zenit linked with James Forrest according to sportsound last night

Had heard that. Bit unusual.

1. The expected offer, as I understand it, was quite low. Sure Celtic would not accept below £20 million

2. Forrest has already stated he wants to stay at Celtic for the rest of his career

3. Zenit are a big club but his situation wouldn't be very different to Celtic.

Still, good to see there's interest.