Scottish player transfers - Page 66 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

23 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

You think?

5 started in our last win.

I'd say that McKenna, McGregor, Christie, Forrest and Griffiths are all in or around our strongest XI.

Apart from McTominay, Fraser and Robertson all our players are much of a much, unless any of the Celtic players prove otherwise in the champions league.

Never rated Griffiths and to be honest has Forrest done much at international level other than the wins against Albania and Israel.(SPL standard opposition)

We have midfielders who were very good championship players now in the EPL and I'm not sure were Christie would fit into a Scotland formation unless it was behind the striker.

Not saying we wont play SPL players just that their loss wouldn't weaken us that much.

I know i go on about a certain sites ratings but it suggests that even at Celtic the Scottish players are not key in European games

Edited by ceudmilefailte

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apart from McTominay, Fraser and Robertson all our players are much of a much, unless any of the Celtic players prove otherwise in the champions league.

Never rated Griffiths and to be honest has Forrest done much at international level other than the wins against Albania and Israel.(SPL standard opposition)

We have midfielders who were very good championship players now in the EPL and I'm not sure were Christie would fit into a Scotland formation unless it was behind the striker.

Not saying we wont play SPL players just that their loss wouldn't weaken us that much.

I know i go on about a certain sites ratings but it suggests that even at Celtic the Scottish players are not key in European games

Never rated Griffiths!?

By far the best striker we have had in a lot of years and campaigns & still is. 

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Never rated Griffiths!?

Tbf, he hasn't exactly had a lot of competition for that accolade. 

18 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Never rated Griffiths!?

See, this is the mistake that the majority of Scotland fans make.

Just because he's the best we have doesn't mean that that he's good. Same with our midfielders, just because players like McGregor, Forrest and Christie are the best we have in no makes them good. It just means that we're in a sorry state.

27 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

..Why does it have subtitles? He's talking English.

He's clearly reading from something and has no idea how it's meant to sound 😂😂 all broken up, sounds like a 4 year old reading

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

That's all fine and good but have you seen EastEnders or Corrie lately?

He speaks better English than 90% of the English actors in those shows.

I try hard not to, but I do know that you can choose to turn on subtitles on BBC and ITV shows. That's not an option on social media content. 

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm from a generation that finds having a Scotland international at Arsenal an amazing development :lol:

Yes! Considering a few years back all we had to hang onto was Fletch at Man U, and now we have serious players at Man U, Liverpool, and Arsenal. Add to that top six teams seriously sniffing around Fraser, and Gilmour possibly coming through the ranks at Chelsea in the next year or two then I think things are looking on the up.