Scottish player transfers - Page 60 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

16 minutes ago, JECK said:

What's happening now?

Probably nothing< Sky Sorts say it's close and so have one or two other places, Football Scotland, the Sun . the latter two are probably just picking up on the SKY  sports comments. Owen Coyle has said something on  the matter too saying that Lennon is down sizing rumours of a move to keep pressure  of Tierney

Mind you if you believe everything you find on the Internet half the EPL is about to put a bid in for Ryan Christie.

17 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably nothing< Sky Sorts say it's close and so have one or two other places, Football Scotland, the Sun . the latter two are probably just picking up on the SKY  sports comments. Owen Coyle has said something on  the matter too saying that Lennon is down sizing rumours of a move to keep pressure  of Tierney

Mind you if you believe everything you find on the Internet half the EPL is about to put a bid in for Ryan Christie.

Obviously every player has his price and every club - buying and selling - has their own valuation on what represents fair value.   Proposed transfers also break down all the time, however when it gets to the point that they are arguing over the detail of the deal - which seems the case here - they generally tend to go through.   There is also the impact on the player, that if the club is prepared to sell them then maybe it's time to go.

According to Sky Sports

McLAUGHLIN IN DEMAND

Sunderland goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin is being pursued by four clubs, according to Sky sources.

The 31-year-old, who has a year left to run on his contract at the Stadium of Light, has been the subject of approaches from Millwall, Trabzonspor in Turkey, Qarabag in Azerbaijan and Ludogorets in Bulgaria.

Sunderland are understood to want £5m for the goalkeeper, who has been capped once by Scotland.

That is so surreal it's enough to make you think Sky sports make up their own news

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

According to Sky Sports

McLAUGHLIN IN DEMAND

Sunderland goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin is being pursued by four clubs, according to Sky sources.

The 31-year-old, who has a year left to run on his contract at the Stadium of Light, has been the subject of approaches from Millwall, Trabzonspor in Turkey, Qarabag in Azerbaijan and Ludogorets in Bulgaria.

Sunderland are understood to want £5m for the goalkeeper, who has been capped once by Scotland.

That is so surreal it's enough to make you think Sky sports make up their own news

English football is completely insane.

Full stop. 

57 minutes ago, csinclair said:

QPR have signed a 4th senior keeper and confirmed one of Lumley, Dieng or Liam Kelly will be loaned out. 

To be honest, I think Kelly is good enough to be their first choice so I’d be disappointed if he does get loaned out

Seny Dieng already been loaned out to Doncaster.

28 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Arsenal can't find £25m for Tierney and yet they spend £72m on Nicolas Pepe.

Typical.

A quality lefft back is never going to be worth anything near as much as a quality attacking midfielder.

I probably take too much heed of who scored ratings,/ but I really don't have the time to watch every single game in Europe.according to that site he was the 3rd best player in Ligue 1

More surprised he went to Arsenal than the fee.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A quality lefft back is never going to be worth anything near as much as a quality attacking midfielder.

I probably take too much heed of who scored ratings,/ but I really don't have the time to watch every single game in Europe.according to that site he was the 3rd best player in Ligue 1

More surprised he went to Arsenal than the fee.

Well, if Aaron Wan-Bissaka went for £50m then Tierney should certainly be more than half that.

Talking of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, the amount times that he goes to ground and slide tackles, he's going to be a bombscare. Against Inter Milan he went ground maybe twenty times, alright, he won the ball 100% of the time, but law of averages tells you that he'll be sent of  fair few times this season.

Pepe is a fantastic player, I would say that he's worth that type of money, especially in today's climate. I was more having a go at Arsenal for not valuable Tierney higher.

23 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Well, if Aaron Wan-Bissaka went for £50m then Tierney should certainly be more than half that.

Talking of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, the amount times that he goes to ground and slide tackles, he's going to be a bombscare. Against Inter Milan he went ground maybe twenty times, alright, he won the ball 100% of the time, but law of averages tells you that he'll be sent of  fair few times this season.

Pepe is a fantastic player, I would say that he's worth that type of money, especially in today's climate. I was more having a go at Arsenal for not valuable Tierney higher.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is another player with a high who scored rating(14th best in EPL). He was however well below that against Ryan Fraser, in fact there's quite a lot of right backs below their ratings against Fraser. Not sure if Fraser is quite good enough for the very top but would be interesting to see his valuation

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is another player with a high who scored rating(14th best in EPL). He was however well below that against Ryan Fraser, in fact there's quite a lot of right backs below their ratings against Fraser. Not sure if Fraser is quite good enough for the very top but would be interesting to see his valuation

Wan-Bissaka is definitely going to develop into a top player. Defensively he's a little bit on the naive side, and as I said, his tendency to slide tackle is... well... it'll make Manchester United worth watching this season. I think he'll be shown a fair few reds this season. If they had Wan Bissaka on the right and Tierney on the left, it would be their best balance since the days of Irwin and Parker and Neville and Evra. This pre-season Wan-Bissaka has been on fire, whereas Shaw's been underwhelming.

I think Fraser could cut it at a top 6 team. It's a shame that Bournemouth have put a £40m price tag on his head. He's another one that Arsenal wanted, and interesting that they'd rather take a £72m punt on a player who they don't know will adjust well to the EPL, than spend pretty much half that on a player who outshone the majority of his peers last season.

For what it's worth, I don't think you place too much value on rating sites. Sites like sofascore, whoscored, etc, are interesting and they have their place.

17 minutes ago, McDange said:

Bundesliga 2 kicking off today and again no sign of Bates in the Hamburg team. Injured? If not surely a transfer needed 

New HSV trainer, Dieter Hecking, supposedly doesn‘t see him (along with Sakai & Janjicic) as a long term option. Would wait a couple of weeks & see if that‘s still the case. 

25 minutes ago, McDange said:

Bundesliga 2 kicking off today and again no sign of Bates in the Hamburg team. Injured? If not surely a transfer needed 

Mixed reports coming out of Hamburg of the possibilty of Bates being allowed to leave the club .

23 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Arsenal can't find £25m for Tierney and yet they spend £72m on Nicolas Pepe.

Typical.

Apparently the £72m is over a hefty amount of instalments of small amounts.

One of the hitches with the Tierney deal is Celtic want the money up front and apparently a lot of the '£25m' offer Arsenal made was tied up in add-ons that were dependent on Arsenal qualifying for the Champions League which personally I wouldn't want to bet on.

54 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Jason Cummings possibly transferring his international allegiance to Australia ?

He doesn't score many goals anyway.

I'd be gobsmacked if they wanted him tbh.  Bon voyage to him if they do as there's no chance of him ever being anywhere near good enough to solve our striker issues and he's an erse as well.

2 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I'd be gobsmacked if they wanted him tbh.  Bon voyage to him if they do as there's no chance of him ever being anywhere near good enough to solve our striker issues and he's an erse as well.

Quite the opposite actually. Looking online their fans seem happy at the prospect of signing Cummings him up.

Apparently what's happened is that a number of experienced players have retired and the current crop of Aussie youngsters are poor so they are looking at every eligible they can get.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Quite the opposite actually. Looking online their fans seem happy at the prospect of signing Cummings him up.

Apparently what's happened is that a number of experienced players have retired and the current crop of Aussie youngsters are poor so they are looking at every eligible they can get.

Seriously?  FFS they must be utter sh*te then.  :lol:  If they think Cummings is the answer then fck knows what the question must've been!  Had to Google him to see where he even is these days.  Told he can leave Forest after being put out on loan and being honkin there as well.  Can say with confidence that he'll never make it.  Shame as I thought he had potential at one time.

39 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Seriously?  FFS they must be utter sh*te then.  :lol:  If they think Cummings is the answer then fck knows what the question must've been!  Had to Google him to see where he even is these days.  Told he can leave Forest after being put out on loan and being honkin there as well.  Can say with confidence that he'll never make it.  Shame as I thought he had potential at one time.

It kinda sounds like the Aussies are presently in the bad position we found ourselves in 2002 when Craigie Broon stood doon and Berti Vogts took over. The experienced players retiring or else in sharp decline. The youngsters either of poor quality or the promising ones just still too raw to be of any use.

The Aussies had quite a few good players in the late nineties - early 2000s.