Scottish player transfers - Page 54 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Laugh all you like but Oxford get similar crowds to Killie but can afford to pay out that much because of the trickle-down effect of the EPL.

Maybe so but it would be a shocking move. Rangers annihilated them. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

36 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Also, Oxford are a much worse side than Killie. Trust me, I watch them both regularly. I think it's a bad move. 

it's not even a move as 1) It was The Sun reporting it so probably shite 2) it's nowhere near what Killie would even consider taking and 3) he's not gonna sign for that shite!

47 minutes ago, mcnish said:

Newcastle reserves reject

And your point is caller ?

Findlay has done well at Kilmarnock and they are quite right to want a fair price for him.

As it happens, the current best left back in Europe is a "Celtic youths reject".

37 minutes ago, mcnish said:

Findlay was already 22 when he was found wanting in the Newcastle under-23 side, not a kid going through puberty, they could see what potential he had or didn't have.

So we should write him off because he couldn't get a game at Newcastle and even though he's playing well at Kilmarnock ? That's just stupid.

By the way, it looks likely that Findlay only ended up at Newcastle as a result of NUFC trying to keep an agent sweet.

It happens all the time, to keep an agent favourably inclined to them, clubs need to keep doing regular business with them. The result is that now and again clubs will sign a free or inexpensive player on an agents books. That player usually ends up in the reserves or out on loan somewhere. That's most likely what happened with Findlay at Newcastle.

17 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Also not the first time you've ruined my enjoyment of a forum.

Thanks, guy I've never talked to or noticed before.

Tom Leighton is on trial with Celtic. He's a center back who can play at right back. Two years ago he left Motherwell to move to Watford, despite interest (and training with Benfica). Still only 18 years old.

Might be one to keep an eye on.

11 hours ago, mcnish said:

Findlay was already 22 when he was found wanting in the Newcastle under-23 side, not a kid going through puberty, they could see what potential he had or didn't have.

He was probably our second best player last season after Alan Power.

I couldn't care less what Newcastle thought of him,. he's one of the best centre halves we have.

9 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Thanks, guy I've never talked to or noticed before.

Tom Leighton is on trial with Celtic. He's a center back who can play at right back. Two years ago he left Motherwell to move to Watford, despite interest (and training with Benfica). Still only 18 years old.

Might be one to keep an eye on.

I believe he is a jumpthedyke... Pretty sure he is involved with Ulster at youth levels

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sam Gallagher is having a medical with Blackburn ahead of a move from Southampton, Sky Sports News understands.

Apparently he is worth £5 million

He was Scottish then English but is probably Scottish again, still only 23.

He played for us up until U19 level then ditched us because we weren't good enough for him. He can fuck right off.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Looks to me like Tierney will be out for a long time. He should sue his employer for gross negligence.

Where have you got that from?  Seemed ridiculous that Celtic were still playing him when they had the league sowed up.

7 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Where have you got that from?  Seemed ridiculous that Celtic were still playing him when they had the league sowed up.

He’d got inflammation of the pelvis. Lennon thinks he’ll be out for a month. I think that’s optimistic, as these things can grumble on for months and months.Tierney has played far too many games, including when injured.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’d got inflammation of the pelvis. Lennon thinks he’ll be out for a month. I think that’s optimistic, as these things can grumble on for months and months.Tierney has played far too many games, including when injured.

So short sighted of them if that's the case.