Scottish player transfers - Page 52 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Arsenal are dragging their feet on the transfer because, in English team terms, they are absolutely skint.

There seems to be  lack of activity from the big guns in this window, I wonder if they are feeling the effects of FFP? 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Arsenal are dragging their feet on the transfer because, in English team terms, they are absolutely skint.

I read that they are going back to their owner asking for more. They're trying buy Fraser, Tierney and Zaha for £40million!

3 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

The Kieran Tierney saga is a strange one. A day doesn't go by where the media doesn't say that Napoli are preparing a bid, but they never have. I think it's Tierney's agent trying to prompt Arsenal into making a move. Arsenal are about to bid £22m.

I don't understand why Arsenal are dragging their feet on this one. What next, are they going to eventually offer £24, 999,999.99m?

Arsenal made £140m last season and yet they're quibbling over £5m. Bloody hell.

A new twist is that Real Madrid's Marcelo is available. If they can get him for £25m-£50m they'll probably opt for him over Tierney.

Marcel is great, but he's not a long term investment like Tierney. No way Arsenal would make money selling him on in the future. 

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There seems to be  lack of activity from the big guns in this window, I wonder if they are feeling the effects of FFP? 🤷‍♂️

Man City just signed someone for £63M!! 

1 hour ago, RightPeg said:

That would be a world record! £24,999,999,99,000,000 is a lot for any player.

I'd go back and check it if I were you.

Since when is twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine pence a world record?

2003 called, they want their world transfer fee record back. 

28 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'd go back and check it if I were you.

Since when is twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine pence a world record?

2003 called, they want their world transfer fee record back. 

I'd be the one doing the checking if I were you.

22 hours ago, Bino's said:

Leigh Griffith's is the option for Scotland striker

If for whatever reason he isn't called up they should maybe give Forrest a try there

The rest just aren't up to scratch

Lets never put forrest up front his self ffs

21 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

The Kieran Tierney saga is a strange one. A day doesn't go by where the media doesn't say that Napoli are preparing a bid, but they never have. I think it's Tierney's agent trying to prompt Arsenal into making a move. Arsenal are about to bid £22m.

I don't understand why Arsenal are dragging their feet on this one. What next, are they going to eventually offer £24, 999,999.99m?

Arsenal made £140m last season and yet they're quibbling over £5m. Bloody hell.

A new twist is that Real Madrid's Marcelo is available. If they can get him for £25m-£50m they'll probably opt for him over Tierney.

Tierney has age on his side over Marcelo although Marcelo is a great player, no idea why Madrid want rid of him

11 hours ago, Rohan said:

Marcelo is way overrated 

You cearly dont watch or like football

48 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Tierney has age on his side over Marcelo although Marcelo is a great player, no idea why Madrid want rid of him

If Tierney were in the EPL Arsenal would be asked to cough up £50m+. 

If they bought Marcelo it would make more sense as Arsenal usually play 3 at the back. Not that I'm saying Tierney couldn't play wing-back.

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

I'd be the one doing the checking if I were you.

Checked. I'm comfortable with it.

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You shouldn't be. The m you fired onto the end of your figure was absolutely unnecessary. £24,999,999.99 would have sufficed.

You've made a baws of it.

So, what you're saying is that it's a grammatical error and not a mathematical one? 

That's rather pedantic.

Boy is my face red. </Sarcasm>

16 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

If Tierney were in the EPL Arsenal would be asked to cough up £50m+. 

If they bought Marcelo it would make more sense as Arsenal usually play 3 at the back. Not that I'm saying Tierney couldn't play wing-back.

Checked. I'm comfortable with it.

No doubt he would move for more if he was based down south or just english.

Marcelo is a better player but Tierney has age and a lot of potential.

They dont want to spend cash though so fuck knows what will happen

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

So, what you're saying is that it's a grammatical error and not a mathematical one? 

That's rather pedantic.

Boy is my face red. </Sarcasm>

It's incorrect whatever way you look at it. It was obvious what you meant, you just came across as a dick for refusing to acknowledge the fairly obvious mistake in your post.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

Just now, Kirk said:

No doubt he would move for more if he was based down south or just english.

Marcelo is a better player but Tierney has age and a lot of potential.

They dont want to spend cash though so fuck knows what will happen

Definitely better than Tierney, but that's no insult as Marcelo is better than most left backs.

To be honest, Arsenal are pretty much the last top 6 EPL team that we wanted him linked to as they're penny pitchers. If Chelsea weren't banned from buying players for the next two windows I think they may have came in for him.

I don't think Tierney will move this summer.

5 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It's incorrect whatever way you look at it. It was obvious what you meant, you just came across as a dick for refusing to acknowledge the fairly obvious mistake in your post.

It's obvious what I meat and yet someone said it would be a world record? 

Question is, who was being a dick first. Not me.

It could've been a typo for all you know. And it was, by the way. I forgot to delete the m.

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Definitely better than Tierney, but that's no insult as Marcelo is better than most left backs.

To be honest, Arsenal are pretty much the last top 6 EPL team that we wanted him linked to as they're penny pitchers. If Chelsea weren't banned from buying players for the next two windows I think they may have came in for him.

I don't think Tierney will move this summer.

If the Napoli links are legit i would love him to go there, would be a great learning experience for him.

6 minutes ago, Kirk said:

If the Napoli links are legit i would love him to go there, would be a great learning experience for him.

Yeah, me, too. The more players we have in Italy and Spain, the better. I'd rather he joined Napoli than Arsenal. The more days that pass the more I doubt Arsenal's transfer muscle. 

21 hours ago, Kirk said:

Lets never put forrest up front his self ffs

You cearly dont watch or like football

Aye nae bother. 

I'm not saying he's a bad player however the term "world class" gets branded about all too easily now. Last season at Real Madrid he got his arse handed to him on a number of occasions. Overrated