Scottish player transfers - Page 45 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

11 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t see why, he’s potentially a better player than Maclean and he’s a good player.

As you say it is potential. Norwich might want to let him develop that potential elsewhere, somewhere where he will start week in week out. 

18 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It would be better to have him back on loan at Motherwell playing first team football rather than playing with Nowich's U23 team.

That’s a big assumption at this stage. I don’t understand why the default position of people is he’s not currently good enough. 

I would think that the primary focus of Norwich will be to try and stay up this coming season. Considering that, is it more likely they would spend £3million on a player and loan them out for a season, or would they be more likely to be spending money on people they think can help them achieve their main objective? I'm really hoping it's the latter. I'd love to see a good Scottish 19 year old prospect thrown into the EPL. 

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

I would think that the primary focus of Norwich will be to try and stay up this coming season. Considering that, is it more likely they would spend £3million on a player and loan them out for a season, or would they be more likely to be spending money on people they think can help them achieve their main objective? I'm really hoping it's the latter. I'd love to see a good Scottish 19 year old prospect thrown into the EPL. 

I don’t see why not. Physically he’s already there, and he scores goals. I think he’ll play after a few appearances from the bench in the first month or two. 

58 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That would be a brilliant move if it came to happen.

The only other club I've seen Johnston linked with is Sunderland.

Almost every Scottish player gets linked to Sunderland...the old Jack Ross effect. Haven't seen anything like this since Strachan took half the potential Scottish team down to Middlesbrough. ( Thomson, Boyd, Halliday) That one didn't end well for anybody

6 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Almost every Scottish player gets linked to Sunderland...the old Jack Ross effect. Haven't seen anything like this since Strachan took half the potential Scottish team down to Middlesbrough. ( Thomson, Boyd, Halliday) That one didn't end well for anybody

Along with McManus, Miller & Robson....

21 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Barry Robson did well at Boro and won the fans POTY award twice. 

9 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t see why, he’s potentially a better player than Maclean and he’s a good player.

8 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

That’s a big assumption at this stage. I don’t understand why the default position of people is he’s not currently good enough. 

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t see why not. Physically he’s already there, and he scores goals. I think he’ll play after a few appearances from the bench in the first month or two. 

Brilliantly put, we really should stop this continued belief that our players need to be loaned out to reach their full potential. If they do they don't have much potential.

You need to train with better players get coached by better coach's have use of better facilities to reach your full potential not return to the same level..

If he is any good it will get noticed in training so he will get a spot on the bench, unless he looks brilliant in which case he will start. He will get of the bench sooner or later and then will get his chance to impress on the field. If none of this happens, he just wasn't that good in the first place.

Good players are fit and sharp enough  through training. Basically all the bull shit regarding regular starts only apply's to pub teams.

4 minutes ago, todd said:

Probably better than the 49th best team in England though😁

I'll give you that, It's just every time a player moves abroad it it is seen as a great move. Can't make a very long list of young Scottish players who have gone abroad and made themselves international class.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'll give you that, It's just every time a player moves abroad it it is seen as a great move. Can't make a very long list of young Scottish players who have gone abroad and made themselves international class.

British football is pure dead amazing so it is. What the fuck do these johnny foreigners know ? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I do remember Mo Johnston being almost superhuman after a few months with Nantes. The difference in him was unbelievable. Similar story with Craig Brewster in Greece, albeit a lesser player. There are numerous less successful cases, of course.

41 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I do remember Mo Johnston being almost superhuman after a few months with Nantes. The difference in him was unbelievable. Similar story with Craig Brewster in Greece, albeit a lesser player. There are numerous less successful cases, of course.

Brian O'Neill at Wolfsburg, Alan McInnally at Bayern, Lambert / Collins  and less obvious as he had achieved so much before was Souness at Sampdoria. Loads of less successful forays such as Gauld, Booth,  Boyd in Turkey

41 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

52 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Brian O'Neill at Wolfsburg, Alan McInnally at Bayern, Lambert / Collins  and less obvious as he had achieved so much before was Souness at Sampdoria. Loads of less successful forays such as Gauld, Booth,  Boyd in Turkey

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Would call them young when they went abroad

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can you make a long list of young Scottish players who have gone abroad?

On 6/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, er yir macaroon said:

An SFA survey just revealed Rangers have the most Scotland fans out of any club in Scotland. No need for the abuse (although I do agree re media angle). https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/revealed-rangers-provide-scotland-support-with-more-fans-than-celtic-aberdeen-and-hearts-1-4946711

And most England fans out of any club in Scotland