Scottish player transfers - Page 42 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

He's the most exciting since McFadden without a doubt...he has it all.

If he doesn't break through at Cellic, then he has been advised poorly.

I think it likely that McGregor and Ntcham will be away this summer.  Ntcham seems to want away and it is probably the right time for McGregor to move back down to England if he is ever going to do it.

That would leave Brown, Christie, Rogic, Henderson, Bitton, Mulumbu and Kouassi that can play in the three CM positions.  

I think we played 63 matches last season in all competitions.  If he's good enough (and I think he is) he will get games.  

Delighted that Kelly has signed for QPR, hopefully he's their number 1. 

Would be great to see Lindsay go to Brescia and really test himself too. 

Anyone wish that we played a few more friendlies or B internationals? Would love to see a few players get a chance in a free hit game or two

6 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

He's the most exciting since McFadden without a doubt...he has it all.

If he doesn't break through at Cellic, then he has been advised poorly.

I remember reading that Clarkson was better than McFadden at the same age.

I really hope Turnbull is the real deal, but we've been down this road so often that it's hard to keep getting your hopes up.  Ryan Gauld anyone?  Last seen looking bang average at Easter Road.

The Well fans seem excited enough anyway so fingers crossed.  I just hope he moves out of our joke league.  It's easy to look "like Michael Ballack" against some of that opposition.  There's no doubt his shooting stats are amazingly impressive though.  It'd be great if he could follow Andy Robertson's path.

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think it likely that McGregor and Ntcham will be away this summer.  Ntcham seems to want away and it is probably the right time for McGregor to move back down to England if he is ever going to do it.

That would leave Brown, Christie, Rogic, Henderson, Bitton, Mulumbu and Kouassi that can play in the three CM positions.  

I think we played 63 matches last season in all competitions.  If he's good enough (and I think he is) he will get games.  

Are there hints of a move for McGregor?  Last season he was quoted as seeming surprised why anyone would move away from Celtic.

12 hours ago, daviebee said:

I remember reading that Clarkson was better than McFadden at the same age.

I really hope Turnbull is the real deal, but we've been down this road so often that it's hard to keep getting your hopes up.  Ryan Gauld anyone?  Last seen looking bang average at Easter Road.

The Well fans seem excited enough anyway so fingers crossed.  I just hope he moves out of our joke league.  It's easy to look "like Michael Ballack" against some of that opposition.  There's no doubt his shooting stats are amazingly impressive though.  It'd be great if he could follow Andy Robertson's path.

Unlike Gauld...this guy has the stature to compliment his ability.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't have an excellent career

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He wants 20k a week and hassnse even kicked s fuckin ball yet. Who in the name of fuck does he think he is? GTF

Or you could ask how much do Celtic really, really want him and rate him. If they do really want him then they'll pay what he wants. This is why Celtic cannot compete in Europe. They are unwilling to splash cash which they evidently have but refuse to spend.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Or you could ask how much do Celtic really, really want him and rate him. If they do really want him then they'll pay what he wants. This is why Celtic cannot compete in Europe. They are unwilling to splash cash which they evidently have but refuse to spend.

Maybe going off topic here but I understand that Celtic have a higher wage bill than Ajax. If that's true then it's not stopped them. There's a deeper issue.

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Turnbull is apparently not motivated by who offers the most weekly wage but who offers the best chance to play week in week out...

1 minute ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Maybe going off topic here but I understand that Celtic have a higher wage bill than Ajax. If that's true then it's not stopped them. There's a deeper issue.

Wage bill is not the same as transfer fees either though. Point stands though: How much do Celtic really want him as a lynchpin in their team? If their interest is real and they rate him highly enough they'll pay the wage. Perhaps the fact they won't demonstrates they don't or that they don't see him being a first team regular enough to pay that wage.

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Money is not the issue. This little twat thinks he can tell us what he thinks is he is worth? One good season with Motherwell and he thinks he is Lionel fucking Messi? Prove you are worth 20k a week. Then you may get it.. Fuck him anyway..

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Money is not the issue. This little twat thinks he can tell us what he thinks is he is worth? One good season with Motherwell and he thinks he is Lionel fucking Messi? Prove you are worth 20k a week. Then you may get it.. Fuck him anyway..

Or Celtic have the money and say he is not worth it? In that case Turnbull is right. No point going to a club where he is not valued.

Edited by Caledonian Craig