Scottish player transfers - Page 41 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

15 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Correct but scott Brown never spread his wings either. It is not out of the question that Tierney will do the same or fade into obscurity becoming less attractive transfer target elsewhere.

Tierney is a better player.

He's also achieved a hell of a lot more aged 22 than Brown ever did.

Guest ElChris04
5 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

And Ross McCrorie, too, by all accounts.

And yet Rangers fans are crying about not having any players called up for the Scotland squad. Not too bright, that lot.

Think they must like playing the “no one likes us we don’t care” Shite, or use it as an excuse to support England. Embarrassing really

17 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Celtic have a bid accepted for David Turmbull. Not sure if this is good news. I guess if he leaves after 2 years he’ll still be 21.

If he is replacing N'tcham then it will be good news. I think he's good enough to get games. 

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Daft move for Turnbull if it goes through. We need our players playing at the highest level they can week in week out while our domestic league remains a joke.

He's only 19, he's got plenty time to move south. We have seen lots of young players move south over the years and end up not doing as well as hoped. It would be better imo if he stayed at Motherwell and got another season under his belt. He could potentially end up just sitting on celtics bench next season.

I don't think its that bad a move for Turnbull. *  A few years at Celtic should move his development on further.

In the same way that Tierney should move to continue that improvement.

*As long as he still gets around 30 full games next season in all competitions.

at 19, with his potential. he needs to be playing first team competitive football. 

6 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Call up for Davie Turnbull next time around then...

Know a Well fan through a friend of a friend (aye, sounds shite but honest) and he rates Turnbull as the best prospect he's ever seen at Fir Park including Faddy, McCormack, Hastie etc.

A bit hyperbole or is that true?

I'd hope that if he doesn't break in to the Celtic team they'd loan him back to youse.

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Happy in a way to think we have a central defender worth more than £1 million. I did say earlier that Barsnley  would want more.

1 million pound is hardly a good benchmark for our cbs. All of our centre backs are worth more than a million pound already, what we need is a cb who is worth 10+ million. None are anywhere near that sadly.

On 10 June 2019 at 12:35 PM, andyD said:

This is the thing that makes me worry that Fraser will be stuck at Bournemouth.
Hazard's a 130-150 million player. Fraser's 2nd in assists, one behind him for a much worse club. His value's got to be at least 40 million in that market, and I don't see anyone actually paying that for him. The only upside is that is contract is up next summer. but it does mean he's unlikely to get his big move this window.

Unless Bournemouth decide to cash in now rather than lose out next year and get nothing.

17 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Know a Well fan through a friend of a friend (aye, sounds shite but honest) and he rates Turnbull as the best prospect he's ever seen at Fir Park including Faddy, McCormack, Hastie etc.

A bit hyperbole or is that true?

I'd hope that if he doesn't break in to the Celtic team they'd loan him back to youse.

He's the most exciting since McFadden without a doubt...he has it all.

If he doesn't break through at Cellic, then he has been advised poorly.