Scottish player transfers - Page 37 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Grimmer left Fulham two years ago.

He's been playing first team football on and off since his debut in 2010 aged only sixteen (twenty five now) so it does feel like he's been around for ages. A couple of bad injuries since going down to England have messed up a once promising career. 

It's possible he could prove to be a worthwhile signing for a Scottish Premiership club.

Still relatively young is he not ? Hopefully he will fulfil his potential but cheers anyway didn't realise he'd left Fulham 

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's Ryan Fraser now linked with Liverpool in addition to Arsenal and Spurs. A fee of £30,000,000 being thrown around.

Pretty much all the top 6 are linked with him, especially since he only has 12 months left on his contract

Sounds like Arsenal are going to win the race to sign Fraser, as The Independents Arsenal correspondent is saying Liverpool have apparently told him they can not offer him first team football, and Man United have denied reports that they are looking at him.

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Apparently Liverpool are looking to sign Marshall as a back up since he's out of contract this summer

I hope this isn’t true or if it is he chooses not to sign for them. 

I think he’s the best Scottish keeper at the moment who is available for selection but he’ll never get back into the squad if he’s sitting on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I hope this isn’t true or if it is he chooses not to sign for them. 

I think he’s the best Scottish keeper at the moment who is available for selection but he’ll never get back into the squad if he’s sitting on the bench. 

Apparently there's a number Hull fans who aren't even fussed he's leaving

3 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Apparently there's a number Hull fans who aren't even fussed he's leaving

Understandable as he’s not their first choice keeper at the moment. 

If he can go somewhere as number 1 keeper then he’ll have a chance of getting back in the squad. You don’t become a bad keeper overnight so he could still do a good job for someone. 

8 minutes ago, jailender said:

So if Marshall is that good, why is he not first choice for a team in EPL or Championship?

It’s not uncommon for a keeper to lose his place due to injury or a new signing or his back up looking good in training. Happened to Gordon at Celtic. 

I wouldn’t say Marshall is  ‘that good’ but Bain makes me nervous and he doesn’t. 

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Some one on here suggested they were starting to prepare for next season, that was why the change happened.

I see. 

He’s clearly not injured now anyway as he’s in the squad. 

Hopefully he doesn’t go to Anfield to sit on the bench as I still think he could be our number 1 for the next couple of years. 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:45 PM, Texas Pete said:

Understandable as he’s not their first choice keeper at the moment.

He was all season long. 44 games and almost 4000 minutes in goal for Hull this year.
He was dropped for the last few (according to the manager) as he wasn't committed and so they had to look at what was best for the club.

Hull fans not being fussed about him leaving should ring an alarm bell for anyone not still imagining that Marshall is the exciting prospect he was in his Celtic days. He's a very average goalkeeper these days, hence still being on the payroll of Hull, scrabbling at the bottom of the Championship for the last few years, and that a fair few Hull fans are perfectly happy to see the back of him should tell you everything you need to know.

From what I've seen of him lately, his distribution is very, very poor and he's prone to the odd mistake.
I'll be surprised if he plays. I'd have thought he was there to have a 'senior figure' among the relatively inexperienced crowd of keepers. Gordon would seem the perfect guy for that role, but Lennon seemed to be suggesting that he still had a niggle last i heard.