Scottish player transfers - Page 36 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, I've not been on for a wee while!

Kelly been the best Scottish keeper IMO.

Findlay been outstanding for us, fast, can play with both feet and likes to get up the park with the ball at his feet.

Thank god he's signed up for a few years but I'd be amazed if we don't get offers.

Kelly is the future.

Agreed on Findlay. I rate him higher than McKenna to be honest. 

Edited by ProudScot

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

We were against Kazakhstan and with Tierney out and Robertson coming off injured we night be in a mess like that again.

Liverpool have said its only bad bruising Robertson has, and should be fine in a few days (certainly make CL final) 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

We were against Kazakhstan and with Tierney out and Robertson coming off injured we night be in a mess like that again.

That's because we had a simpleton as a manager who left one of the best left backs in the league at home,  who  is up for Football Writers YPOTY.

Still astounds me that that thick cunt never called up either Taylor for cover and instead thought Shinnie at full back was a better option.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

I think the following could all be available on a free from Championship clubs -

• David Marshall
  • Jordan Archer
  • Alan Hutton
  • Liam Palmer
  • James Morrison
  • Charlie Adam
  • Paul Coutts
  • Adam King
  • Lewis MacLeod
  • Craig Bryson
  • Darren Fletcher
  • Craig Conway
  • George Boyd
  • Fraser Preston

A lot of those could be good signings for teams in the Scottish Premiership.  The one that stands out to be is Fraser Preston.  I think he could have a similar impact to what Middleton has had at Rangers.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

That's because we had a simpleton as a manager who left one of the best left backs in the league at home,  who  is up for Football Writers YPOTY.

Still astounds me that that thick cunt never called up either Taylor for cover and instead thought Shinnie at full back was a better option.

I'd bet a fiver that McLeish had never even heard of Taylor. Considering some of his odd call ups (and non call ups) I think McLeish was relying on the brains trust of Grant and McFadden to suggest new players. Dear oh dear.

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think the following could all be available on a free from Championship clubs -

• David Marshall
  • Jordan Archer
  • Alan Hutton
  • Liam Palmer
  • James Morrison
  • Charlie Adam
  • Paul Coutts
  • Adam King
  • Lewis MacLeod
  • Craig Bryson
  • Darren Fletcher
  • Craig Conway
  • George Boyd
  • Fraser Preston

A lot of those could be good signings for teams in the Scottish Premiership.  The one that stands out to be is Fraser Preston.  I think he could have a similar impact to what Middleton has had at Rangers.

My George Boyd-Charlie Adam dream team fetish might yet happen.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You seem worried that Rangers are going to sign everyone!

Worried? Strangle conclusion you've come to there buddy. Gilmour is rangers-daft, has a good reputation and would be free/low wages. Rangers would be daft not to consider it.

I expect a few teams will be after him. He needs to go somewhere that he has a chance of playing next season. 

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Worried? Strangle conclusion you've come to there buddy. Gilmour is rangers-daft, has a good reputation and would be free/low wages. Rangers would be daft not to consider it.

I expect a few teams will be after him. He needs to go somewhere that he has a chance of playing next season. 

"Worried" as it is not the first player you have linked with Rangers

On 5/11/2019 at 11:34 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Problem is Rangers have a surfeit of midfield players.

52 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Both Brighton and Sheffield United interested in McBurnie apparently. 

Would be good to see how he gets on in a higher league. If his current manager leaves Swansea for Brighton as expected he's probably better off going there

£12 million??? Bloody hell. It's only speculation but blimey.

4 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Apparently Tony Watt has turned down a new deal at St Johnstone so he can sign for CSKA Sofia. 

Disappointed he never lived up to the hype he had as a teenager

The boy is a just fucking idiot. Another stupid wee ned who thought he had made it and subsequently learnt things the hard way.

He'll be at Alloa or Falkirk in twelve months time.

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

That can only be due to his injury problems; he was a fans' favourite and a standout in their promotion team albeit League 2.

Coventry are in financial trouble again and looks like they will be needing to find a new home for next season after falling out with the stadium owners (meanwhile the stadiums other tennants, Wasps, agree a deal with Vodafone over stadium rights).

Former Scotland youth international Dominic Hyam won Coventry player of the year this season, and talk several clubs are looking at him.

14 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

I thought Jack Grimmer was a Fulham player and only on loan to Coventry. Thought he was gonna be half decent  to be honest 

Grimmer left Fulham two years ago.

He's been playing first team football on and off since his debut in 2010 aged only sixteen (twenty five now) so it does feel like he's been around for ages. A couple of bad injuries since going down to England have messed up a once promising career. 

It's possible he could prove to be a worthwhile signing for a Scottish Premiership club.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Grimmer left Fulham two years ago.

He's been playing first team football on and off since his debut in 2010 aged only sixteen (twenty five now) so it does feel like he's been around for ages. A couple of bad injuries since going down to England have messed up a once promising career. 

It's possible he could prove to be a worthwhile signing for a Scottish Premiership club.

I've not seen Cov this season (sick of it all to be honest) so not seen Grimmer this season but he's done well for us. Some important goals.  At one point i thought he'd soon be in a position to be talked about for a call up but this season he's not started regularly.  I think he'd do alright in the Scottish Premier for a team around the level of Motherwell or Livingston.