Scottish player transfers - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

On 4/26/2019 at 12:51 PM, ProudScot said:

We would lose to all those teams now, even Finland. Probably get smashed by Serbia about 5-0 over two legs. 

Yeah no chance v Serbia but they've got a good chance of getting there automatically.

Think someone said on here Scotland may have the chance to play both play offs at Hampden so pray for that I think.

Hamburg and Celtic looking at Livingston keeper Liam Kelly.

Kelly has been the best keeper in Scotland this season, the only reason Bain is Scotland No1 is because he's playing with Celtic. If Celtic brought Robert Douglas out of retirement and made him their No1 keeper, he'd be Scotland's number one. Insane.

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Kelly has been the best keeper in Scotland this season, the only reason Bain is Scotland No1 is because he's playing with Celtic. If Celtic brought Robert Douglas out of retirement and made him their No1 keeper, he'd be Scotland's number one. Insane.

Agree on Kelly. Hamburg would be a great move if they will do for him what they did for David Bates 

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Great move for Harper, if he plays well in la Liga then he will defo be an option for us, not sure he's a striker as he doesn't seem to score alot of goals. Shame as we are short on goalscorers.

I find it quite an odd move. In 24 appearances for a second tier side (19 starts out of 36) he's only scored 4 and assisted 2 (looking at the formations, he's been playing up front every time). In fact, since late January, he's not only hardly started, but he's been in and out of the squad. But he's joining a team hopeful of a champions League spot?!?

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

3 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I find it quite an odd move. In 24 appearances for a second tier side (19 starts out of 36) he's only scored 4 and assisted 2 (looking at the formations, he's been playing up front every time). In fact, since late January, he's not only hardly started, but he's been in and out of the squad. But he's joining a team hopeful of a champions League spot?!?

I believe his recent lack of game time has been due to a significant injury.

However, I was also surprised when I heard about the move consider he hasn't exactly been on fire on paper. That said, the Malaga fans appear to love him, so he must do something right on the park, if not produce the final product. 

Let's hope he gets his chance next season and steps up to the mark! 

3 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I believe his recent lack of game time has been due to a significant injury.

However, I was also surprised when I heard about the move consider he hasn't exactly been on fire on paper. That said, the Malaga fans appear to love him, so he must do something right on the park, if not produce the final product. 

Let's hope he gets his chance next season and steps up to the mark! 

This has been reported for months, so maybe his club decided to stop playing him (like Hastie). 

Fair number of players been released by English clubs in last few days.

Mains ones that stick out are Jordan Archer, James Morrison and Liam Palmer, 

Elsewhere, Adam King and Lewis MacLeod.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, Chripper said:

Daniel Bachmann is a better keeper.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

any non Killie news?

Speaking of Killie, Stuart Findlay would be a good signing for a lot of clubs including the one he was released from to go there! 

Ha, I've not been on for a wee while!

Kelly been the best Scottish keeper IMO.

Findlay been outstanding for us, fast, can play with both feet and likes to get up the park with the ball at his feet.

Thank god he's signed up for a few years but I'd be amazed if we don't get offers.