Scottish player transfers - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Robertson has broken a Liverpool record for most assists by a defender in a season

Saw that. You think an even bigger club might come in for him? There are probs only 3 or 4 that fit that bill right now. 

As a Scotland fan who even cares about Tierney anyway when he quite clearly doesn't regard playing for Scotland as highly as he does Celtic. Talented player but his commitment to Scotland is way way below what it is to Celtic. Reported again this morning he is already set to be out of the summer qualifiers. We aren't even 4 days into April. 

20 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

that would be a good move for him. 

Hed have more fixtures to fulfil so theres a higher chance the wee lamb could miss Scotland matches 

33 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

As a Scotland fan who even cares about Tierney anyway when he quite clearly doesn't regard playing for Scotland as highly as he does Celtic. Talented player but his commitment to Scotland is way way below what it is to Celtic. Reported again this morning he is already set to be out of the summer qualifiers. We aren't even 4 days into April. 

Edit. 

Just read the article. 

If he doesn't go to two extremely important qualifiers then he should be forgotten. Hes fine for Celtics match v st Mirren, I'm sure celtic could get through that without Kieran Tierney, why not rest him tonight? 

Scotland shouldn't be seen as something you play for if you can be arsed. 

Edited by vanderark14

40 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Can't see him leaving Celtic for a club like that. I can't actually see him leaving Celtic, unless he's pushed

Agreed, he will be at Celtic for the rest of his career. That's not a criticism of the boy, hes clearly a Celtic fanatic and its rare to see a player stay loyal to that but that's exactly what I expect him to do.

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

If that is true that'll be 6 qualifiers in a row he'll he have missed? Bet you that he'll be going on the usual long haul, pre season friendlies Celtic will organise though

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

As a Scotland fan who even cares about Tierney anyway when he quite clearly doesn't regard playing for Scotland as highly as he does Celtic.

Sadly I doubt we've any players that are at big clubs who would put country ahead of club and I include Robertson in that.

In fairness to Tierney he is clearly struggling with fitness this past year or so and has missed plenty of Celtic games, including old firms.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

I think some are being a bit harsh on Tierney.  He clearly isn't fit at the moment and it has shown this season.  Celtic need to give him a decent rest until his injuries have fully cleared up.

We don't have another player under 25 with as many caps at Tierney, and that with him competing with Robertson for a starting spot.

Personally I think he will stay at Celtic for at least another 2 season.  By then he will still only be 24 and should still have his choice of clubs. 

20 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think some are being a bit harsh on Tierney.  He clearly isn't fit at the moment and it has shown this season.  Celtic need to give him a decent rest until his injuries have fully cleared up.

We don't have another player under 25 with as many caps at Tierney, and that with him competing with Robertson for a starting spot.

Personally I think he will stay at Celtic for at least another 2 season.  By then he will still only be 24 and should still have his choice of clubs. 

Celtic could rest him tonight if they wanted 

I don't think it is harsh at all when all the chat from Celtic seems to be about resting him, and then they continually play him and expect to have him rested for international games. Cmon he plays before and after every international week, these 'injuries' he has during international week would never in a million years keep him out a celtic match. 

Tierney actually travelled out to Kazakhstan before being dismissed due to injury. And he seemed genuinely honoured when he was captain for that one match.

The old "he probably wants to play for Ireland" paranoid weirdos are out in force though.

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Agreed, he will be at Celtic for the rest of his career. That's not a criticism of the boy, hes clearly a Celtic fanatic and its rare to see a player stay loyal to that but that's exactly what I expect him to do.

Thats my gut feeling re Tierney also, think it will only be a huge offer that Celtic can't turn down and he'll be pushed out the door affectively. Whether it ever comes in is another thing. 

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Tierney actually travelled out to Kazakhstan before being dismissed due to injury. And he seemed genuinely honoured when he was captain for that one match.

The old "he probably wants to play for Ireland" paranoid weirdos are out in force though.

Also agree. Too many folk jumping the gun on Tierneys commitment. Totally wrong. He's played ahell of a lot football for club and country the past few years.

I wouldn't lump Tierney in with the "they really don't want to play for Scotland" bunch. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know what Celtic's agenda is. Lennon is saying that he would like to give Tierney three months away from football. Really? I bet he'll be playing 90 minutes tonight against the football titans St Mirren (apologizes to St Mirren fans for the sarcasm). Celtic could play pretty much anyone at left back and they'd win the league.

If they aren't careful they'll do what Liverpool did to Michael Owen and entirely overplay him at such a young age.

58 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I wouldn't lump Tierney in with the "they really don't want to play for Scotland" bunch. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know what Celtic's agenda is. Lennon is saying that he would like to give Tierney three months away from football. Really? I bet he'll be playing 90 minutes tonight against the football titans St Mirren (apologizes to St Mirren fans for the sarcasm). Celtic could play pretty much anyone at left back and they'd win the league.

If they aren't careful they'll do what Liverpool did to Michael Owen and entirely overplay him at such a young age.

Not necessarily re Owen. His father and brother both had serious hamstring and other muscle problems so he was essentially fecked due to genetics.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

The only games I want to see him feature in from now until the end of the season are the semi final and, with any luck, the cup final. He should be rested for the rest of the league games, with perhaps the odd exception of coming off the bench here and there to keep a bit of match fitness.

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Indeed.

He wanted to go to Kazakhstan too, but was ruled by the SFA medical team.