Scottish player transfers - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

16 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Depends on how good you think he is. 5 or 6m is probably the most I would spend on him if I was in Stoke or Aston villas shoes. Hes looked good in the spl and has done ok for Scotland in most games but wether he's good enough for the epl is still to be proven. 

The same was said about Van Dijk, I even some so-called experts (pundits) saying that Van Dijk would be found out in the EPL.

Not saying that McKenna is as good as Van Dijk, I'm saying that some people over-rate the EPL. Take the top 6 out of the league and it's average, and for the amount of transfer fees and wages paid it's embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

The same was said about Van Dijk, I even some so-called experts (pundits) saying that Van Dijk would be found out in the EPL.

Not saying that McKenna is as good as Van Dijk, I'm saying that some people over-rate the EPL. Take the top 6 out of the league and it's average, and for the amount of transfer fees and wages paid it's embarrassing.

Yeh that's true but I don't think from an English perspective they can justify much more than 5 or 6m on a non old firm spl player. Has any non old firm players went for more than that, only one I can think of is Craig Gordon. McKenna does look good but wether he will be a top defender is still to be seen. Aberdeen should rightfully hold out for as much as they can and hopefully they get nearer to 10m.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh that's true but I don't think from an English perspective they can justify much more than 5 or 6m on a non old firm spl player. Has any non old firm players went for more than that, only one I can think of is Craig Gordon. McKenna does look good but wether he will be a top defender is still to be seen. Aberdeen should rightfully hold out for as much as they can and hopefully they get nearer to 10m.

Umm.... to be honest I can't think of any. It just goes to show how little the English regard our football.

McKenna seems to have a mature head of his shoulders so I think he sees his immediate future at Aberdeen, as he's pretty much guaranteed game time. Hopefully he can improve and reach his potential, if he does then I think his future will take care of itself. I think he's got four more years on his contract, is that right? I don't see Aberdeen letting him go for less than £10million and I can't see the lad asking for a transfer.

3 hours ago, Chripper said:

Umm.... to be honest I can't think of any. It just goes to show how little the English regard our football.

McKenna seems to have a mature head of his shoulders so I think he sees his immediate future at Aberdeen, as he's pretty much guaranteed game time. Hopefully he can improve and reach his potential, if he does then I think his future will take care of itself. I think he's got four more years on his contract, is that right? I don't see Aberdeen letting him go for less than £10million and I can't see the lad asking for a transfer.

He will when he realises he can make 5 x the mineyband still get a game every week 

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Morellos will be a 50 million player.  No doubts about that.  Rangers are not daft and won't let him go for any less than 20.

Please read the title of the thread and forums

keep your trolling to the other thread.

3 hours ago, bigfingers said:

all 3 (McKenna, Souttar and Bates) could all be EPL standard.

Steady now, don't forget Jack Hendry.

A shite player who can't even do the basics but who has people on this forum predicting big things for him purely because "he's a bit fast for a centre back like" and "his rating on Football Manager is pure good byraway".

Idiots.:rollsmile:

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Steady now, don't forget Jack Hendry.

A shite player who can't even do the basics but who has people on this forum predicting big things for him purely because "he's a bit fast for a centre back like" and "his rating on Football Manager is pure good byraway".

Idiots.:rollsmile:

Agreed on all counts.

Edited by Chripper

31 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I doubt Hamburger are taking it seriously.

Don't know where you got that from. Hamburg are playing right now and they're pretty much playing their strongest team.

Bates is doing well. They're playing a Bundesliga team and they're playing them off the park. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think we might have got carried away about Bates, he's not a gtd starter for a team in the second tier in Germany, 

He has started tonight in some cup game which is a worry as I doubt Hamburger are taking it seriously.

He starts most weeks, he's only been on the bench occasionally. Hes got along way to go but he is doing ok considering most ppl didn't rate him that highly when he was at rangers. Also Hamburg's record is pretty poor when hes out the side  well.

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

Don't know where you got that from. Hamburg are playing right now and they're pretty much playing their strongest team.

Bates is doing well. They're playing a Bundesliga team and they're playing them off the park. 

Hadn't checked it but they did play their best team, just that very few teams with more important matters do these days. Regards Nuernberg they are probably the worst team in the Bundesliga. I don't know about you, but I am starting to the think the Bundesliga is probably the league with the least depth of the top leagues.

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He starts most weeks, he's only been on the bench occasionally. Hes got along way to go but he is doing ok considering most ppl didn't rate him that highly when he was at rangers. Also Hamburg's record is pretty poor when hes out the side  well.

He had missed the last two games before tonight and in the last one he played they let in three, it was more the fact he was starting tonight after being dropped for league games. Watch lots of random games because I like a punt but stay clear of cup games after a few burnt fingers that's why I take players getting games in them with a pinch of salt.

Any way you are right he is going the right way, just not as fast as I thought he might be earlier in season.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hadn't checked it but they did play their best team, just that very few teams with more important matters do these days. Regards Nuernberg they are probably the worst team in the Bundesliga. I don't know about you, but I am starting to the think the Bundesliga is probably the league with the least depth of the top leagues.

He had missed the last two games before tonight and in the last one he played they let in three, it was more the fact he was starting tonight after being dropped for league games. Watch lots of random games because I like a punt but stay clear of cup games after a few burnt fingers that's why I take players getting games in them with a pinch of salt.

Any way you are right he is going the right way, just not as fast as I thought he might be earlier in season.

He's still played the Majority of games for them this season. Either way he can hopefully get promoted with them and then we can see how he does in the top flight.