Scottish player transfers - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

5 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Being that he’s been mentioned as a potential pick for us it’d be better if he moved to a bigger Championship side, than a EPL struggler I reckon.

Have we ever approached him to ask if he’s keen to play for us?

I reckon if he goes to an EPL struggler and does well then he might decide to hold out for England. Saying that he will probably never get a chance with England with their strike options. Hopefully he sees that and comes and plays for us as he could be a decent striker at EPL and international level. He scores and sets up goals and given our lack of up coming strikers then he would be a decent addition to the squad imo.

23 hours ago, csinclair said:

Ayr's centre back Michael Rose has signed a pre contract agreement at Coventry. The Ayr manager reckons he's a future International. Anyone seen him play?

came through the Aberdeen youth set up think he went to forfar after being released his dad (billy ) was a keeper in the Aberdeen junior ranks if that helps...

On 1/28/2019 at 5:49 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

West Ham in for Fleck according to the papers. Would be very interested to see how he'd get on at that level. 

A bid knocked back according to one of the Yorkshire papers but they are expected to come back with another.

Btw who was the stupid fanny that come up with that "Scotland's Wayne Rooney" line about Fleck about ten years ago ?

On 1/28/2019 at 8:49 PM, csinclair said:

Ayr's centre back Michael Rose has signed a pre contract agreement at Coventry. The Ayr manager reckons he's a future International. Anyone seen him play?

Yeah I've watched him a few times this season. He's a good, solid player for Ayr and keeps it tight at the back. He's played far better at this level than McKenna did when he came on loan to Ayr

On 1/30/2019 at 10:58 PM, csinclair said:

£5 million seems an insult given what some centre backs are going for these days

Depends on how good you think he is. 5 or 6m is probably the most I would spend on him if I was in Stoke or Aston villas shoes. Hes looked good in the spl and has done ok for Scotland in most games but wether he's good enough for the epl is still to be proven. 

Edited by mccaughey85