Scottish player transfers - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

On loan to a Championship team or Rangers probably.

A shame as he's done alright for them this season and I can't see them doing much better with Niasse or the lad theyre signing for £18million because he's hit double figures in the french league

18 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Did no one see the story about Michael Kelly?

Scottish, a CB (only 21) and already being linked to Palace,  West Ham and Millwall despite only playing 15 games so far for Bristol Rovers.

Not capped yet for under 21s.

Given the position he plays he's very much one you should be watched.

Edit: Left back according to that (not another one as that woman said when the last election was called). I'm sure he was being described as a CB in other reports when I saw his name.

He was released by Aberdeen.

Comes from Knockintiber next to Killie. Went to Grange Academy I'm sure.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Cummings is one of the most vastly overrated players to come out Scottish football in a long time.

It's been reported by Peterborough's chairmen that they've sent Cummings back to Forrest and are still paying his wages, and will be doing so till the end of the season, or he goes to another club on loan/transfer. So, it would appear that they're willing to pay 100% of his wages but they don't want him anywhere near their club.

Ages ago when he appeared in that wrestling video I knew that he had a screw loose. 

Martin O'Neill doesn't suffer fools, he'll have one conversation with Cummings and that will be that. Cummings will be sold to a league one side by next season. He's an English League One/Scottish Championship standard player. It's really embarrassing for Scotland that he has two caps to his name.

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

Martin O'Neill doesn't suffer fools, he'll have one conversation with Cummings and that will be that. Cummings will be sold to a league one side by next season. He's an English League One/Scottish Championship standard player. It's really embarrassing for Scotland that he has two caps to his name.

Ian Black takes that "honour" in my view. 

It would be good if some kind of "mentor" figure could be found for Cummings and sort him out. That said, he probably isn't good enough for international football.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Ian Black takes that "honour" in my view. 

It would be good if some kind of "mentor" figure could be found for Cummings and sort him out. That said, he probably isn't good enough for international football.

It's quite the horse race. I could be swayed with Ian Black, but because Cummings come across as an even bigger numpty, I'd go with Cummings.

Didn't he come through the same young set up as Darren Fletcher? I heard that a while back, could be wrong, though. But yes, I completely agree, and Fletcher would probably be the man to do it. I'd say he's decent, there is a player in there, and could probably have quite a good career if he buckled down, but I don't think he will. Reminds me a little of David Goodwillie with their off-the-field antics ruining their careers.

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

It's quite the horse race. I could be swayed with Ian Black, but because Cummings come across as an even bigger numpty, I'd go with Cummings.

Didn't he come through the same young set up as Darren Fletcher? I heard that a while back, could be wrong, though. But yes, I completely agree, and Fletcher would probably be the man to do it. I'd say he's decent, there is a player in there, and could probably have quite a good career if he buckled down, but I don't think he will. Reminds me a little of David Goodwillie with their off-the-field antics ruining their careers.

They both played for Hutchison Vale, that is where their similarities end. Cummings had a talent for putting the ball in the back of the net in the Scottish Championship and that is it. He is an extremely poor footballer. His touch and hold up play are non existent. He may score goals in the Scottish Premiership playing for a half decent side but then again he's already had that chance at Rangers and failed. I don't know why this boy was built up because he wasn't even half as good as say Kris Boyd or Stevie Naismith were at that age. I'd rather forget him and focus on someone like Jack Harper who is at least showing some progression. If Cummings can get a cap then Harper should certainly be in with a shout.

11 hours ago, bazmidd said:

They both played for Hutchison Vale, that is where their similarities end. Cummings had a talent for putting the ball in the back of the net in the Scottish Championship and that is it. He is an extremely poor footballer. His touch and hold up play are non existent. He may score goals in the Scottish Premiership playing for a half decent side but then again he's already had that chance at Rangers and failed. I don't know why this boy was built up because he wasn't even half as good as say Kris Boyd or Stevie Naismith were at that age.

Hutchison Vale. That's it. Ethan Hamilton played for them, too, and seems to be in the same mould as Fletch, so that's encouraging. And yes, Fletch and Cumming are chalk and cheese: One is a top professional, articulate, smart, a brilliant footballer and a role-model and the other is Jason Cummings.

Spot on! He scored plenty of goals in the Scottish Championship but (according to wiki) he only scored 2 in 31 in the SPL (Which I believe). He's never an international, but if he did knuckle down he could possibly do well In the SPL, but I've never been a fan of the lad, as a footballer or a person, so I doubt that he will.

11 hours ago, bazmidd said:

I'd rather forget him and focus on someone like Jack Harper who is at least showing some progression. If Cummings can get a cap then Harper should certainly be in with a shout.

Yep. Harper would be In my next squad(s) to see what the lad can do. Professionalism alone he's in a different planet than Cummings.

The more I think of Oliver Burke being at Celtic the more I'm starting to warm to the idea. I would rather it be 12 months minimum, though, because how's Rogers going to improve the lad in 6 months?

People look at Burke's languid demeanour when he doesn't have the ball and they attribute that to a bad attitude, but I wouldn't say so, he's just not the type of player who likes running around like a headless chicken. There's a difference between being lazy and having a bad attitude. Callum McGregor knows him a little and says that he's a mature lad.

One thing is for sure, though, unless Darren Moore gets a new attack-minded approach there's little chance that Burke will be a first team player with WBA next season. The idea of letting Burke leave on loan is to put him In the shop window, that being the case, hopefully he rips up Scottish football (With Aberdeen, Killie or anyone who isn't Celtic/Rangers winning the league), Burke gets a move to a team who has a manager who builds their team around Burke and someone who knows how to develop players.

While I'm on Celtic, why don't they just let Scott Allan join Hibs right now for free? They'd free up money as they wouldn't have to pay his wages.

29 minutes ago, Chripper said:

While I'm on Celtic, why don't they just let Scott Allan join Hibs right now for free? They'd free up money as they wouldn't have to pay his wages.

I'm sure he will leave this month but we are not going to let him leave for nothing. Hibs will pay a small fee to get him in early. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm sure he will leave this month but we are not going to let him leave for nothing. Hibs will pay a small fee to get him in early. 

You'd be saving money if he left this month for free. He's going anyway, and he probably won't get a minute of game time, so it makes no sense to keep him till the summer. If Hibs offered to pay zero to take him this month, I'd take it.

It'll be interesting to see if Burke starts against Airdrie tonight, if so, hopefully he tears them to shreds.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:47 AM, Chripper said:

What is it with centre fowards and Scotland? You could add Garry O'Connor to that list  and soon maybe Tony Watt. No wonder we have had to turn to eligibles like Chris Martin.

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

What is it with centre fowards and Scotland? You could add Garry O'Connor to that list  and soon maybe Tony Watt. No wonder we have had to turn to eligibles like Chris Martin.

You actually read my mind, I was thinking just that very thing:

Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, Duncan Ferguson (Prison), Tony Watt, Jason Cummings, Kenny Miller (Gangster friends), Leigh Griffiths (Gambling addiction).

I just don't think the aforementioned came out right. Ferguson had a stellar career in England, but not with us. Miller was hit and (much more) miss and Griffiths had two wonder strikes. That's been about it for our strikers since 2000. :lol:

I honestly can't think of a Scottish striker I would trust enough to start... which is worrying.

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

You actually read my mind, I was thinking just that very thing:

Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, Duncan Ferguson (Prison), Tony Watt, Jason Cummings, Kenny Miller (Gangster friends), Leigh Griffiths (Gambling addiction).

I just don't think the aforementioned came out right. Ferguson had a stellar career in England, but not with us. Miller was hit and (much more) miss and Griffiths had two wonder strikes. That's been about it for our strikers since 2000. :lol:

I honestly can't think of a Scottish striker I would trust enough to start... which is worrying.

Sorry but I cannot see how Kenny Miller can be lumped in amongst such flops. He stands at 6th on the all-time list of highest Scotland goalscorers with only Dalglish, Law, Hughie Gallacher, Reilly and McCoist. Bear in mind that Miller was playing in a team struggling for quality. He averages a better than a goal every four games average which is very respectable when talking about Scotland international strikers.

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but I cannot see how Kenny Miller can be lumped in amongst such flops. He stands at 6th on the all-time list of highest Scotland goalscorers with only Dalglish, Law, Hughie Gallacher, Reilly and McCoist. Bear in mind that Miller was playing in a team struggling for quality. He averages a better than a goal every four games average which is very respectable when talking about Scotland international strikers.

I was referring to their off-the-field antics as much as anything. Fraternizing with gangsters ain't that wholesome.

If you were going to pull me up then Ferguson would've been the prime name. He was 100 times the player Miller was/is.

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

I was referring to their off-the-field antics as much as anything. Fraternizing with gangsters ain't that wholesome.

If you were going to pull me up then Ferguson would've been the prime name. He was 100 times the player Miller was/is.

To be honest (gangster friends)? I cannot say I have heard of them whoever they were and besides who gives a stuff? Some of the footballing greats have dark secrets - it happens. Look at Maradona, George Best and Ronaldo for example. As for Duncan Ferguson well if he never had a chip the side of a boulder on his shoulder then he may have been able to knuckle down and show how good he was for Scotland but he chose not to.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To be honest (gangster friends)? I cannot say I have heard of them whoever they were and besides who gives a stuff? Some of the footballing greats have dark secrets - it happens. Look at Maradona, George Best and Ronaldo for example. As for Duncan Ferguson well if he never had a chip the side of a boulder on his shoulder then he may have been able to knuckle down and show how good he was for Scotland but he chose not to.

Yeah. I lived next to his cousins and Aunt and Uncle growing up (Miller's pal), so I know what I'm talking about.

To be fair, Ferguson has come out and admitted his regrets, and it's something that he'll probably never get over.

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

Yeah. I lived next to his cousins and Aunt and Uncle growing up (Miller's pal), so I know what I'm talking about.

To be fair, Ferguson has come out and admitted his regrets, and it's something that he'll probably never get over.

Explains why you have heard about it? I repeat again...so friggin' what? It is what he does on the pitch that matters and he is 6th on Scotland's list of highest international goalscorers.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Explains why you have heard about it? I repeat again...so friggin' what? It is what he does on the pitch that matters and he is 6th on Scotland's list of highest international goalscorers.

Errr… no. Newspaper coverage is enough for me to have heard about it.

I suggest you read the post again. The question was: What is wrong with our strikers? I'd say all of them generally have a screw loose, for various reasons. Did Miller do it on the park? To an extent, but he also have off-the-field issues. If you want to debate it then fine, I'll debate it. Personally I have no idea what you're trying to say.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Errr… no. Newspaper coverage is enough for me to have heard about it.

I suggest you read the post again. The question was: What is wrong with our strikers? I'd say all of them generally have a screw loose, for various reasons. Did Miller do it on the park? To an extent, but he also have off-the-field issues. If you want to debate it then fine, I'll debate it. Personally I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Well you are trying to lump Kenny Miller in with others who you have deemed to have FAILED. Sure a vast majority in that list have done but if Miller had any issues he certainly did not fail. Sixth highest Scotland goalscorer of all-time with goals against top sides such as Germany, Italy, Ukraine, England and Czech Republic amongst others. Off field issues do not interest me as long as it does not impact on performances etc on the pitch. That is the point I am making.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Well you are trying to lump Kenny Miller in with others who you have deemed to have FAILED. Sure a vast majority in that list have done but if Miller had any issues he certainly did not fail. Sixth highest Scotland goalscorer of all-time with goals against top sides such as Germany, Italy, Ukraine, England and Czech Republic amongst others. Off field issues do not interest me as long as it does not impact on performances etc on the pitch. That is the point I am making.

I didn't say anything about failures. How do you define a failure? Are we talking about club level or international level? Griffiths hasn't been a failure at club level, and Ferguson certainly wasn't. You could make a case that Ferguson didn't fail at international level, either, as he didn't play enough matches to make that judgement.

With regards to Ferguson, Miller and Griffiths I wasn't talking about their football records. So yes, I would say that all of our strikers, for some reason, have something missing up-top... and I'm not talking about their hair.

Personally, I'd rather have consummate professions, like Darren Fletcher and Andy Robertson.