Scottish player transfers - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Jack Hendry a promising young centre back :rollsmile:

Have you actually watched him play for Celtic ? The boy is so far out of his depth that your heart breaks for him. It's that embarrassing.

He is their worst player since Du Wei in 2005.

To be fair, that's what people said about Bates a year ago. But Bates has the attributes to be a decent centerback, he's big enough and quick enough over 6 yards. Right now he's doing as much as could be asked of him in the league he's playing at and next season will likely be given a sterner test each week than any other centerback we have.

For me, Hendry falls into the same bucket. He has the attributes needed, and at 23, it would be silly to write him off. Celtic might not be the place for him to develop, but he has the attributes, so if he has the will and finds the right environment, there's every chance we'll have a decent centerback on our hands. Going to Sunderland, a team on the up, at a level that he can excel at and with a manager that believes in him, he might just find the confidence that seems to be lacking of late. Fingers crossed for him.

I think it's always worth remembering that footballers are people. Their for varies depending on where they are and how they're feeling as much as anything else. Players who looked completely unable to kick a ball straight suddenly become solid and reliable under a different manager or at a new club. It happens all the time, yet we, as fans, still seem to fall into this mindset of 'hes rubbish, get rid'. I can understand that from a club point of view. it's not working for your club, fine, move him on. but for scotland.. we should be looking at the bigger picture. what base abilities does the player have and how could they develop.

7 minutes ago, andyD said:

To be fair, that's what people said about Bates a year ago. But Bates has the attributes to be a decent centerback, he's big enough and quick enough over 6 yards. Right now he's doing as much as could be asked of him in the league he's playing at and next season will likely be given a sterner test each week than any other centerback we have.

For me, Hendry falls into the same bucket. He has the attributes needed, and at 23, it would be silly to write him off. Celtic might not be the place for him to develop, but he has the attributes, so if he has the will and finds the right environment, there's every chance we'll have a decent centerback on our hands. Going to Sunderland, a team on the up, at a level that he can excel at and with a manager that believes in him, he might just find the confidence that seems to be lacking of late. Fingers crossed for him.

I think it's always worth remembering that footballers are people. Their for varies depending on where they are and how they're feeling as much as anything else. Players who looked completely unable to kick a ball straight suddenly become solid and reliable under a different manager or at a new club. It happens all the time, yet we, as fans, still seem to fall into this mindset of 'hes rubbish, get rid'. I can understand that from a club point of view. it's not working for your club, fine, move him on. but for scotland.. we should be looking at the bigger picture. what base abilities does the player have and how could they develop.

No, I've seen him play and the boy is completely shite and in the same class as Du Wei, Rafael & Fernando de Ornelas

Now, write three hundred lines utterly pointless analysis about that if you will

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

No, I've seen him play and the boy is completely shite and in the same class as Du Wei, Rafael & Fernando de Ornelas

Now, write three hundred lines utterly pointless analysis about that if you will

He's so shite that Brendan Rodgers recommended him for Scotland and then put his money where his mouth was and signed him. It's perhaps more a question of confidence (or lack of). Centre backs reach their peak much later than other players. Regarding our pool of CBs we just lack more left-footers, only McKenna being left -sided.

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

well if you've seen him play, case closed.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He’s 6ft 3in can run like the wind and has good technique. He’s not played  as many games as might be expected, mainly because he was transferred from Thistle just as he was breaking into their team. He still has a chance to become a good player with a loan move where he plays every week.

11 minutes ago, andyD said:

well if you've seen him play, case closed.

Yup :ok:

Michael Devlin, Craig Halkett, Ryan Porteous and even Stuart Findlay from Kilmarnock are much better than him.

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He's so shite that Brendan Rodgers recommended him for Scotland and then put his money where his mouth was and signed him. It's perhaps more a question of confidence (or lack of). Centre backs reach their peak much later than other players. Regarding our pool of CBs we just lack more left-footers, only McKenna being left -sided.

Uncle Brendan has made more than a few questionable decisons.

Of course he recommended him for the national team. It's what managers do for their players.

When did you ever hear of a manager saying "oh no they shouldn't pick him cause he's crap" ?

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s 6ft 3in can run like the wind and has good technique. He’s not played  as many games as might be expected, mainly because he was transferred from Thistle just as he was breaking into their team. He still has a chance to become a good player with a loan move where he plays every week.

"good technique" 

Such an expert are you on the amazing Jack Hendry that you name the wrong club he transferred from :lol:

Face it, the lad is pish. 

Just because they are a Scottish player doesn't mean you have to pretend that they are all bloody amazing. If a guy is pish and can't even do the basics properly, then he should be called out as such.

Jack Hendry will never, ever make it and should no longer be considered for internationals. There what a bad, nasty man I am.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Just now, andyD said:

naw, you just seem a bit 'excited' this morning

I get serious sexual pleasure from winding up the idiots who think Jack Hendry is pure dead amazing purely based on FIFA 19 or Football Manager stats or something like that.

Better change my troosers mind ....

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Michael Devlin, Craig Halkett, Ryan Porteous and even Stuart Findlay from Kilmarnock are much better than him.

Of course he recommended him for the national team. It's what managers do for their players.

When did you ever hear of a manager saying "oh no they shouldn't pick him cause he's crap" ?

"good technique" 

Such an expert are you on the amazing Jack Hendry that you name the wrong club he transferred from :lol:

Just because they are a Scottish player doesn't mean you have to pretend that they are all bloody amazing. If a guy is pish and can't even do the basics properly, then he should be called out as such.

Jack Hendry will never, ever make it and should no longer be considered for internationals. There what a bad, nasty man I am.

Do your homework. He joined Wigan from Thistle just after he broke into the first team.

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I get serious sexual pleasure from winding up the idiots who think Jack Hendry is pure dead amazing purely based on FIFA 19 or Football Manager stats or something like that.

Better change my troosers mind ....

It's a bit of a shame that that's what you think everyone else bases their view on.
If you think you're the only guy who watches football, and you're always right, then what on earth are you doing on a football forum?

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

His relative lack of first team experience is due to him being transferred too early to a team he couldn’t get a game for. 

What a poor excuse.

Face it the boy is rubbish.

Rank rotten in fact.

The Celtic fans are delighted he might be leaving. He's that bad.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What a poor excuse.

Face it the boy is rubbish.

Rank rotten in fact.

The Celtic fans are delighted he might be leaving. He's that bad.

Just gonna ignore yo the rest of the day, you're in some weird trolling mood.

Go take a breath.

Just now, andyD said:

It's a bit of a shame that that's what you think everyone else bases their view on.
If you think you're the only guy who watches football, and you're always right, then what on earth are you doing on a football forum?

Raging because I said his posts are often ridiculously long winded and over long :lol:

3 minutes ago, andyD said:

Just gonna ignore yo the rest of the day, you're in some weird trolling mood.

Go take a breath.

Well go and write one of your five hundred line, in depth analysis posts on the subject if it will make you feel any better. It's a fecking internet message board wind yer neck in.

Besides I hardly think Jack Hendry himself will give the slightest flying feck what a non-entity like me thinks of his truly awful football skills.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:02 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Both Gauld and Burke would both be a good fit for Rangers and it would be good for their careers. Gauld in particular is the type of player they need for home games. 

Please please please, no Gauld to Rangers.  These last three years, 11 months and 28 days have been punishment enough for us Arabs.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

"good technique" 

Point is he recommended him to Scotland when we we were struggling to find ANY young CBs and BEFORE he was Celtic player. Managers don't usually  big up players from other clubs for international football. Not that I'm a fan especially - Porteous will probably challenge before Hendry.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Gauld on loan to Hibs.

Anti climax after all these years he is at the same level at best. 

Seems a weird one to me.  He's already on loan, starting every game and just bagged a couple of goals. Why would he want to swap that for hibs? I understand the clubs might be close to an agreement, but i don't see what's in it for Gauld.