Scottish player transfers - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

17 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Scott Allan is a Rangers fan and went to Celtic. Club associations mean nothing when it comes to a career/livelihood.

I totally agree. I retract me statement in my previous post. Initially you feel the player would rather sign with his boyhood heroes and not play for their rival, but at the end of the day, it is your livelihood and what is best for your career. 

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I totally agree. I retract me statement in my previous post. Initially you feel the player would rather sign with his boyhood heroes and not play for their rival, but at the end of the day, it is your livelihood and what is best for your career. 

Totally.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Rodgers being heavily tipped to take over at Man Utd. My dream is that he does that and takes Tierney, McGregor, Forrest, and Christie with him haha. 

That would be great.  Our top players playing champions league. Our top two fullbacks at Liverpool and Man U.  

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly. Rodgers is tipped every time a manager in Engerland gets sacked by the so called experts. 

Not what I meant mate, I can't see why man Utd would want Rodgers, ex Liverpool manager and hes also not good enough in my opinion. 

He'd be better staying to try for ten in a row and attempting a good run in the EL. 

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not what I meant mate, I can't see why man Utd would want Rodgers, ex Liverpool manager and hes also not good enough in my opinion. 

He'd be better staying to try for ten in a row and attempting a good run in the EL. 

Oh ok pal. I agree on the 10iar. I think he is overqualified for the manure job to be honest. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Which Scots would you go for? Shankland? Brophy?

Just butting in for a moment to answer that. None.

We know that top notch Scottish managers are thin on the ground just now as was evident when Scotland were looking for a boss. It is an area where there has been a fall-off in quality and quantity in the last decade or two. Remember back to the heady days of Ferguson, Dalglish, Graham, Smith, Sounness and now what have we got?

18 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just butting in for a moment to answer that. None.

We know that top notch Scottish managers are thin on the ground just now as was evident when Scotland were looking for a boss. It is an area where there has been a fall-off in quality and quantity in the last decade or two. Remember back to the heady days of Ferguson, Dalglish, Graham, Smith, Sounness and now what have we got?

Robertson and Tierney and a ton of mediocrity.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I was referring to the management side of things.

Ah, I wasn't reading it in its entirety. I just read "Dalglish and Souness" and thought you meant when they were players.

Steve Clarke is currently our top manager, bar none. Other than that, a ton of mediocrity.