Scottish player transfers - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

And for every one that gets freed at an early age and goes on to prove people wrong, I can give you a hundred that don't.  

True, but the attitude that Robertson showed by pulling his socks up instead of so many primadonna wannabe laddies should serve as a lesson to any youngster who feels they deserve a crack. 

Not sure I should open up this debate but....Tierney. Continually being linked to a string of clubs (Everton and Spurs yesterday). Everything he's said indicates he's staying put but are there any clubs you don't think he would turn down this summer?

Bournemouth and Everton don't seem enough but Atletico Madrid? Spurs?

If he's as good as we all think those clubs will still be waiting next season or the one after so, what does he do?

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Not sure I should open up this debate but....Tierney. Continually being linked to a string of clubs (Everton and Spurs yesterday). Everything he's said indicates he's staying put but are there any clubs you don't think he would turn down this summer?

Bournemouth and Everton don't seem enough but Atletico Madrid? Spurs?

If he's as good as we all think those clubs will still be waiting next season or the one after so, what does he do?

I think Tierney needs to step back and think. What does he crave more? Being a hero of a club he has always supported but a career that doesn't take him to the heights his talent merits or a career at clubs capable of winning the biggest titles in the game playing alongside and against world class players week-in and week-out.

20 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

You could have easily doubled that if Tierney was born and playing in England.  

You are right. If he was already an EPL player it would. Not sure it's the nationality.

And the Everton bid could just be a start. There was mention of Celtic holding on for more. Others will join in.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

I think Tierney needs to step back and think. What does he crave more? Being a hero of a club he has always supported but a career that doesn't take him to the heights his talent merits or a career at clubs capable of winning the biggest titles in the game playing alongside and against world class players week-in and week-out.

To be fair, he's only just turned 21. He could stay on at Celtic for a few years and then still have the chance to go wherever he fancies.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

£50M? Seriously?

If Celtic get offered half that they'll bite their hand off.

If he was english how much would he go for? how much do you think liverpool would want for robertson? he is a phenomenal player with huge potential, id be demanding a fuck ton.

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

If he was english how much would he go for? how much do you think liverpool would want for robertson? he is a phenomenal player with huge potential, id be demanding a fuck ton.

He is no more than 'huge potential' at the moment...until he can tear himself away from his Celtic comfort-blanket, thats all he will ever be...

...that said though, I don't think Everton is the right Club for him to go to

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

Kyle Walker went for about £45 million, he was older so less resell. He was however more of an establish ed international and has played for longer at a higher level. Luke Shaw went for about £30 million, so I think £25 million isn't unreasonable.