Scottish player transfers - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

42 minutes ago, borojock said:

Would be great to have a Scot playing in Seria A - also think a very smart move by St Clair lets hope he makes the same impact as Henderson 

I see St Clair is referencing Henderson as a model which is great.

McLeish must be gutted. I guess he's just going to have to drag himself to Florence and Venice next season to thoroughly check out how they are getting on (or wherever Henderson ends up).

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Ruben Sammut has joined Falkirk on a season long loan from Chelsea.

Hopefully he does well. 

That suggests that Chelsea don't rate him. You can generally work that out on the basis of clubs that they get loaded out to. 

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

That suggests that Chelsea don't rate him. You can generally work that out on the basis of clubs that they get loaded out to. 

Maybe but Chelsea have a habit of letting good players go. He needs to play first team football to see if he is any good or not. This gives him a chance to do that. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Maybe but Chelsea have a habit of letting good players go. He needs to play first team football to see if he is any good or not. This gives him a chance to do that. 

True, but lots of them end up in the lower reaches - as do most young players TBF - he looks to me like he's a guy they are clearing out to make space for younger players. 

If he'd gone to an English Championship, Scottish Premier League or other European top division then it would look a lot more promising than going to Falkirk - and that's absolutely meant with no disrespect to Falkirk..

31 minutes ago, aaid said:

True, but lots of them end up in the lower reaches - as do most young players TBF - he looks to me like he's a guy they are clearing out to make space for younger players. 

If he'd gone to an English Championship, Scottish Premier League or other European top division then it would look a lot more promising than going to Falkirk - and that's absolutely meant with no disrespect to Falkirk..

They signed him on a new contract right before loaning him out.

That suggests they want to see how he gets on with the loan, or they would have just released him. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

They signed him on a new contract right before loaning him out.

That suggests they want to see how he gets on with the loan, or they would have just released him. 

No, that's pretty standard.  

11 hours ago, aaid said:

He’s got Gilmour to compete with on the way to the Chelsea first team. If we get an EPL standard player out of this loan then that would be a good result.

21 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s got Gilmour to compete with on the way to the Chelsea first team. If we get an EPL standard player out of this loan then that would be a good result.

There's a long long way for Gilmour to go and lots of things could go wrong but it does look encouraging for him, he's certainly made a good start.   The fact he's playing above his age group for both Scotland and Chelsea is promising.  He also appears to have his head screwed on which is the main thing for young players. 

On 6/17/2018 at 10:01 AM, ProudScot said:

Liam Henderson to Fiorentina for £2M

Would be a great move for him that. Lovely city and Viola just missed out on european qualification.

They have policy in recent times of signing/promoting younger players to their team. Diego Simeone's Son plays upfront for them and they also have Enrico Chiesa's son as a wide player so certainly give young players starts.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, borojock said:

Millwall signed Murray Wallace on a long term deal, will be interesting to see he does for a high level Championship, i appreciate our CB pool has improved but could be worth watching how he does, still only 25 

I must have missed our cb pool improving 😂😂

10 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Big test for him now, he’s another left footed CB though is he not?

I have no idea what foot he is but anyone playing at a decent enough level is worth a look regardless, if rather have tooany options (preferably good ones) than only a couple then utter shite if they are injured

19 minutes ago, borojock said:

I also see Dembele's older brother has just moved to Peterborough from Grimsby on a 3 year deal. Apparently a winger with lots of pace. 

Apparently he can play for three different countries, hope he chooses us if he's any good but I see he's already been involved with Ivory Coast at youth level.