Saltires in Russia - anyone going? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Saltires in Russia - anyone going?

10 hours ago, VASCO said:

Accommodation was, like flight prices, weird, but understandable.

Having got my initial tickets for the group stages last November,  the accommodation I booked st that point was cheap. £18 a night in Pervomayskaya in Moscow and £225 for 14 nights in Samara. My jaunt to Saransk cost me £95 in the Mercure. I've paid £71 for last night's kip in Kazan which would have been £25 six months ago. When I get back to Samara tomorrow, again booked early, it's £40 per night. My later trip to Kazan next week is £45 per night (changed booking last week) and St P is costing me about £30 a night. 

Having officially retired today after 32 years at the Uni, I decided to change my booking for the last two nights in Moscow. I lost what I had paid, but, by the time, you take away the now not necessary taxi costs and add my upgraded hotel at Belorussky station costs, I'm about a fiver down.

Just watched an Italian spiv sell tickets to three Colombians for the game here in Kazan for $500 a whip. After he left they were telling me that they drove from Samara, but are flying to Moscow for their game against the Southern Brits. They told me they paid $400 one way. They got really jealous when I showed them my Kazan to Sheremetyevo to Samara ticket, booked in January. Cost? £95!!

if we (  Ireland) had of got there I was budgeting on £100 a night but it needed to be half decent as I would of been with the mrs  - ahh well wasn't meant to be,  roll on euro 2024 in Germany . The euro euros is a joke and have no interest in Qatar if I am honest

Well, I fairly picked another shitey game for my first knock out match!

Seriously, it was about time I got a decent game, but the Argentinian fans are irritating bastards. Just settling down to watch the action and some cunt stands up and waves his arms hysterically in all directions and every ither bastard joins in.

My glutius maximus is in bad shape after all the ups and downs. No wonder I'm fading away to a mountain.

I'm no lover of Pogba, far from it, as I think he is a lazy, selfish,  won't play for the team kind of guy, but I thought today that he was superb, breaking up attacks, setting up attacks and basically saying to the Argentine players  "you ain't gonna bully me".

£100 a night? I'm here for 40 nights. No way would I pay that. The unfortunate thing from my point if view is that most of the time I'm paying for an unused bed. In fact, in last night's hotel, the two single beds were about from Johnstone to Paisley apart, and you could have got two double beds in between. On the other hand my single room in Samara was just that.  Bed, wardrobe, fridge, lavvy and shower, but it did have 130 channels on the telly.

19 hours ago, VASCO said:

£100 a night? I'm here for 40 nights. No way would I pay that. The unfortunate thing from my point if view is that most of the time I'm paying for an unused bed. In fact, in last night's hotel, the two single beds were about from Johnstone to Paisley apart, and you could have got two double beds in between. On the other hand my single room in Samara was just that.  Bed, wardrobe, fridge, lavvy and shower, but it did have 130 channels on the telly.

I would of had the mrs in tow so couldn't rough it , and likely only for the 2 week s

56 minutes ago, phart said:

You were scammed 4 years ago? Well even better then!

Aye. My own fault, bawbaggery of the highest order on my part. Daft ‘agency’ who took the money and did a runner. 

Makes this all the more sweeter in all honesty! 👍🏼