Mexico-Scotland - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mexico-Scotland

Third Lanark

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

And still no Morgan, McLeish is one dumb cun t. Only guy who made things happen against Peru and he's still on the bench.

He'll probably come on for McBurnie or Russell for last 10 👍

10 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Haud on - did I hear McLeod say at the start that Mexico City’s altitude is only 1000 meters lower than Everest?   I was just thinking about that there and that’s patent nonsense.  

Mexico City is at 2000m which is 7000ft. Everest is 8000m - it’s such obvious nonsense, you can’t breathe halfway up Everest without oxygen mask.    

As you were. 

Top quality work by the BBC as ever.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mcgeough certainly staking a claim for competitive games. Really tidy player. 

i like Morgan's directness.

Can't say I agree on McGeough, he's gotten away with about 4 howlers in front of the back 4👎

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye but hes been only midfielder looking to get on the ball. 

Was much better against Peru agreed. 

Thought Russell was a stand out. 

Russell is the main positive out of tonight I think 👍

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Russell is the main positive out of tonight I think 👍

Plus a Bain clean sheet in 2nd half? Though they could easily have won the half 3-0 

That was dull as fcuk, does any players get pass marks. Maybe mckenna and the keepers. Oh well at least it wasn't a complete doing. Let's get the Celtic players and Robertson back in our team for when the serious stuff starts and put this Latin holiday behind us.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

That was dull as fcuk, does any players get pass marks. Maybe mckenna and the keepers. Oh well at least it wasn't a complete doing. Let's get the Celtic players and Robertson back in our team for when the serious stuff starts and put this Latin holiday behind us.

Mckenna at fault at the end switching off. Let a player run right off him.  Decent until then.

With all our players available and at an ideal time of the season Peru and Mexico away would be an incredibly hard task, so given that we were at a terrible time of the season and missing half our squad, I think we did ok.

McLeish will have learned a lot about the players featured and I think he’s in good stead to pick the squad for September.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bains handling was very poor tonight from long range shots.

Could have been punished on another occasion...? Still, a clean sheet. But, lucky, too.

I thought over the piece it was a good we holiday for the also rans other than that we learned nothing let’s be honest that will be the only time those guys will play as a Scotland team together 

7 minutes ago, jcs said:

I thought over the piece it was a good we holiday for the also rans other than that we learned nothing let’s be honest that will be the only time those guys will play as a Scotland team together 

Well until the old firm players can't be arsed turning up. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

And still no Morgan, McLeish is one dumb cun t. Only guy who made things happen against Peru and he's still on the bench.

McLeish saw what Morgan can do against Peru. This match wasn’t a must win qualifier. He was trying out new players and the result was largely irrelevant.