Sign in to follow this  

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

First spots of rain here in a while!

Thanks to Biffer’s warning I took my patio cushions in 3 days ago. Can never be too safe. 

Heading for 30C  here in southern England the next week . Been some weather we’ve had since March . Three months to end of May broke the sunshine record of about 550 hrs by a street at 620 odd hours with only ten other years having ever been over 500 since records . 
Summer Solstice  tomorrow . Enjoy folk ! 

22 now, poor dug isnt getting a walk until about 10 tonight. should have taken her at 5am when I got up

30 over here in Jersey, took dogs to beach earlier and both went in the water, they’ve never done that before.

257C34A8-75FD-451E-B836-B75FD081DFDD.jpeg

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Pishin doon. This will be seriously testing my new waterproof patio set cover. 

C82F2317-F9DB-451A-9EA5-BB873CE07FE4.jpeg.31923d80801bf48d2ea77f779d02d0b6.jpeg

Looks like you had quite a storm, right enough.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Looks like you had quite a storm, right enough.

😂 

Often when I try to post a pic it tells me it is over the limit, so I need to change the size from ‘actual size’ to small/medium/large. Then it posts it on its side. I dont know how to avoid this. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

I'm just back from a run, it's still warm enough that the rain is a pleasant cooldown.

You are making me feel guilty, I have been making the rain an excuse not to go.
That said, during that really warm spell it was as off putting to run in the heat as it is in the rain.   

I was out on Wednesday and there is an old bridge on the cycle track where i run, a group of boys in their early teens were hanging around and one of them  was completely  blocking the path with his bike.
As I slooooowly approached , one of the other boys said to him, ‘ move your bike and let the lassie by’.
If I had any puff left in me I would have kissed him . To be called a ‘lassie ‘ by a 13 yr old made my night. 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You are making me feel guilty, I have been making the rain an excuse not to go.
That said, during that really warm spell it was as off putting to run in the heat as it is in the rain.   

I was out on Wednesday and there is an old bridge on the cycle track where i run, a group of boys in their early teens were hanging around and one of them  was completely  blocking the path with his bike.
As I slooooowly approached , one of the other boys said to him, ‘ move your bike and let the lassie by’.
If I had any puff left in me I would have kissed him . To be called a ‘lassie ‘ by a 13 yr old made my night. 

😄

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Bloody weather is interrupting my mid life crisis. Won't go out on my scooter if it is pissin down. Had my scooter for 2 weeks and I think it's pissed down for 10day's.

Its dry just now. You get scootin up here with a piece of Mrs Lairdys cake. 🏍 🍰

Another heat wave here. 40 degrees with the humidity and no rain in site for days..😳😳😳