The Weather thread - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeezo, it was roasting last night. I am out my bed a million times at the loo each night and in the winter I hop over the tiles in the bathroom like a demented rabbit as they are so cold. Last night I was lying out like Jesus on the cross , trying to get cool. 

I love the sun but we are not equipped for this weather. 

On 7/16/2022 at 3:57 PM, TDYER63 said:

😂

Still waiting for the sun in Bridge of Weir 😕

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Jeezo, it was roasting last night. I am out my bed a million times at the loo each night and in the winter I hop over the tiles in the bathroom like a demented rabbit as they are so cold. Last night I was lying out like Jesus on the cross , trying to get cool. 

I love the sun but we are not equipped for this weather. 

🙄

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, OK then. 🙄

Thanks Orraloon. You are my favourite poster on here , with your understanding and helpful ways. I wish we still had emojis and I would give you one of those big purple cups to say thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Everyone enjoying the Armageddon style reporting on TV of summer weather. Regularly showing pictures of recently cropped farmers fields as if it's some desolate parched wasteland 

We've had one week of very hot weather down here in South East England and this is now a 2nd week. It will be back to normal next week.

2 weeks out 52 is hardly the armegeddon they make it out to be. The problem is the idiots who don't take care when there are extremely high temps. I've lost count od the amount of call out the local fire brigade have had with people starring small fires in wooded areas around here 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We've had one week of very hot weather down here in South East England and this is now a 2nd week. It will be back to normal next week.

2 weeks out 52 is hardly the armegeddon they make it out to be. The problem is the idiots who don't take care when there are extremely high temps. I've lost count od the amount of call out the local fire brigade have had with people starring small fires in wooded areas around here 

agreed. The sensationalist reporting of the weather is annoying.  I was in London this week and it was pleasantly warm, like being abroad (which some may argue i was!).  Press making out that we are about to implode in a fire ball.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hope all those oddballs that were moaning about the warm weather are happy today. 

Pishing down. Give me roasting sunshine any day. 

I must be an oddball. when its 36 degrees and I am trying to work its not comfortable. anything like today, mid 20s like today is absolutely perfect

There’s not been any rain here for the best part of a month and it’s been in the 30s for the past week, so everything is like tinder.

Last night, some arsehole thought it would be a good idea to let a load of fireworks off.  Brain dead. 

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

There’s not been any rain here for the best part of a month and it’s been in the 30s for the past week, so everything is like tinder.

Last night, some arsehole thought it would be a good idea to let a load of fireworks off.  Brain dead. 

there is a lot of woodland around here in north hampshire, the fire brigade has been out to 7 fires started in the woods by morons in the last ten days. You idiots having a drink and thinking a fire is a good idea. 

I wonder what goes through their minds.

Need some fecking rain around here

After seeing people on twatter reporting heavy thunder in the likes of Fife etc i was looking forward to it coming so as the humidity would drop.

Nothing happened until i went to bed at midnight and then it started

Was on till around 4am and the rain was torrential

At least there wont be humidity in the morning i said to myself as i dropped off

Went the weekly messages at 11am and the sweat was pishing out me by the time i got home and it is still clammysville

35 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

After seeing people on twatter reporting heavy thunder in the likes of Fife etc i was looking forward to it coming so as the humidity would drop.

Nothing happened until i went to bed at midnight and then it started

Was on till around 4am and the rain was torrential

At least there wont be humidity in the morning i said to myself as i dropped off

Went the weekly messages at 11am and the sweat was pishing out me by the time i got home and it is still clammysville

Stop wearing your thermals and duffle coat.

19 minutes ago, fringo said:

Stop wearing your thermals and duffle coat.

Shorts and T shirt

maybe i need to lose some weight ............

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I must be an oddball. when its 36 degrees and I am trying to work its not comfortable. anything like today, mid 20s like today is absolutely perfect

Mid 20’s is the highest it has got to where I am , imagine SH is much the same, so its been pretty pleasant for us. When it jumped from 17 degrees to 27 degrees a few weeks ago it initially felt too warm at night, but you do get used to it. This weekend was brilliant. 
I was in Croatia last week, never dropped below 30 degrees even at night, was mid -late 30’s during the day. I sympathise as that temperature is just not comfortable at all, I was still not used to it even after a full week there  , and I enjoy the sun.  I actually felt my heart racing after climbing up the stairs to the apartment from the pool. And it was nothing to do with seeing Mr Tidy in his speedos I can tell you. 
Working in it must be murder.

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Mid 20’s is the highest it has got to where I am , imagine SH is much the same, so its been pretty pleasant for us. When it jumped from 17 degrees to 27 degrees a few weeks ago it initially felt too warm at night, but you do get used to it. This weekend was brilliant. 
I was in Croatia last week, never dropped below 30 degrees even at night, was mid -late 30’s during the day. I sympathise as that temperature is just not comfortable at all, I was still not used to it even after a full week there  , and I enjoy the sun.  I actually felt my heart racing after climbing up the stairs to the apartment from the pool. And it was nothing to do with seeing Mr Tidy in his speedos I can tell you. 
Working in it must be murder.

I love the heat too when I'm on holiday. When it's too hot there is a pool to jump into or a hotel room with air con but at home I have none of those because I'm not as rich as malcolm 

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I love the heat too when I'm on holiday. When it's too hot there is a pool to jump into or a hotel room with air con but at home I have none of those because I'm not as rich as malcolm 

What ? Even with that huge tax incentive you have working in England ? I find that very hard to believe.