The Weather thread - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Sitting in the living room watching the horizontal rain, don't you just love February?😭

Best place to be, my 200 yd trip for the paper was like an Arctic expedition. Rugby could be interesting later if this continues (I’m near Murrayfield)

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

Sitting in the living room watching the horizontal rain, don't you just love February?😭

I got caught in a random blizzard that lasted about 7 minutes yesterday and then bright sunshine straight after!

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Best place to be, my 200 yd trip for the paper was like an Arctic expedition. Rugby could be interesting later if this continues (I’m near Murrayfield)

Be fine if they keep the ball on the deck and just try to play football

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

1 hour ago, phart said:

I got caught in a random blizzard that lasted about 7 minutes yesterday and then bright sunshine straight after!

I was out  a wee cycle after work yesterday and like you say clear blue skies, a couple of minutes later it went black and some bam was firing miniature golf balls at me 🤣

Edited by bonzo

I was shittin' it yesterday as had to make a dash from the central belt to Ft. Augustus and back before blizzards struck on rain washed (i.e salt removed) roads over Rannoch Moor on the way back.   Mainly 'cause I'm old and slow and didn't fancy my low profile tyres (get me!) in snow.

Turned out that rain and cross-winds on the way up were the worst bit (apart from other folk feeling car sick - not sure why 🤔 ).   Drive back still in daylight (as planned by said haste) was uneventful apart from two sideways blasts by damn gritters heading north.

Was already stressed gettin' dinged for a covid test with consummate timing, but managed finally to get oot the hoose 🤪

A very ordinary tale, but an adventure for me now!   I love weather.

Edited by Grim Jim

14 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I was shittin' it yesterday as had to make a dash from the central belt to Ft. Augustus and back before blizzards struck on rain washed (i.e salt removed) roads over Rannoch Moor on the way back.   Mainly 'cause I'm old and slow and didn't fancy my low profile tyres (get me!) in snow.

Turned out that rain and cross-winds on the way up were the worst bit (apart from other folk feeling car sick - not sure why 🤔 ).   Drive back still in daylight (as planned by said haste) was uneventful apart from two sideways blasts by damn gritters heading north.

Was already stressed gettin' dinged for a covid test with consummate timing, but managed finally to get oot the hoose 🤪

A very ordinary tale, but an adventure for me now!   I love weather.

😂😂 the weather on Saturday was terrible. I was going to Edinburgh with my daughter and her fiance to look at wedding venues. We were in her wee Toyota Aygo and her boyfriend was driving about 75 mph in the battering rain and up everyones arse. I was absolutely shitting myself, gripping on for dear life. Not only that he is trying to stop smoking so was vaping as well !
I had to tell him to slow down , if the 3 of us had been wiped out on the motorway Mr Tidy would have buried me in the back garden and spent the wedding money on wine , women and song. 

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 the weather on Saturday was terrible. I was going to Edinburgh with my daughter and her fiance to look at wedding venues. We were in her wee Toyota Aygo and her boyfriend was driving about 75 mph in the battering rain and up everyones arse. I was absolutely shitting myself, gripping on for dear life. Not only that he is trying to stop smoking so was vaping as well !
I had to tell him to slow down , if the 3 of us had been wiped out on the motorway Mr Tidy would have buried me in the back garden and spent the wedding money on wine , women and song. 

You and Mrs Grim might get on 😇

On 2/7/2022 at 1:26 PM, TDYER63 said:

Their no even married yet and you are already telling him how to live his life? I suppose he's now got a better idea of what he's letting himself in for.

Run for the hills, young man, run for the hills !

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Their no even married yet and you are already telling him how to live his life? I suppose he's now got a better idea of what he's letting himself in for.

Run for the hills, young man, run for the hills !

😁 But hopefully not the Rolling Hills ! 

If I didnt tell him to slow down they would have no life left to live ! I thought I was going to die at Harthill , how depressing..

• 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, phart said:

Just saw the forecast for early next week. Fucking going to be toasty, not sure how I feel about it.

I’m coming up next week, looks like it’ll be a 10 degree drop in temperature for me.  Boiling down here at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

going to be proper toasty this week.  I’m going to be in London when it’s 40.

Me too, flying via Gatwick. I thought I was only going to be sweating from wondering if my flight would get cancelled, but that's extreme!