The Weather thread - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Some signals from outlier models indicating that this weather may hang around for a few weeks, this week looks good, after the weekend theres a bit of uncertainty  

I dont often look ahead as I dont normally trust the forecast more than a couple of days ahead,  but with the Euros coming up I had a quick look at mid June.

First site I looked had the temperature at 25 degrees and my heart sank as Scotland will never cope with playing in those temperatures 🙄 Next site was 19 degrees which would be better, and tbh is probably more believable. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont often look ahead as I dont normally trust the forecast more than a couple of days ahead,  but with the Euros coming up I had a quick look at mid June.

First site I looked had the temperature at 25 degrees and my heart sank as Scotland will never cope with playing in those temperatures 🙄 Next site was 19 degrees which would be better, and tbh is probably more believable. 

The forecast Can change massively by then however this is the chart for the 11th,, looks good and if we can get a little run going in the euros alongside good weather, everyone will be buzzing 

8559D7E3-1C0A-4569-A59D-C10F2259CE9D.png

29 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The forecast Can change massively by then however this is the chart for the 11th,, looks good and if we can get a little run going in the euros alongside good weather, everyone will be buzzing 

8559D7E3-1C0A-4569-A59D-C10F2259CE9D.png

I have absolutely no idea how to read that but will take your word that it looks promising 😁 Would significantly add momentum to the Euros if the weather was good, and would no doubt help covid with people being outside. 

This is extent of my meteorological chart reading . 

E8DF6AED-DA67-4E2A-A2D4-96F1CFD18D29.thumb.png.be811ac4ecd70dc7f5d1e763acb624a3.png

• 1 month later...

The record for the hottest temperature in Canada has been broken once again, less than 24 hours after reaching a new all-time high in Lytton, B.C.

Environment Canada said temperatures reached a scorching 47.9 C :yikes3: in Lytton on Monday, topping the previous record of 46.1 C from Sunday.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/new-canadian-temperature-record-set-in-lytton-b-c-tops-all-time-high-for-las-vegas-1.5489290

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Lytton, BC is currently being destroyed by an out of control fire.

90% of the town is gone. :(

Temperatures nearly hit 50 degrees there. The affects of climate change are causing devastation all over the planet, it's frightening the speed at which things are changing.

They measured 47 degress in the artic too.

The increase in temperature isn't uniform either at the artic it's 4 times the mean increase the worst place fot that to happen. Over a decade ago there was some doubt introduced into the models but the data has totally shown I was wrong to give credence to that, i got duped by the "merchants of doutb", it's worse than the models at the time predicted. All the bets made have been won by the climate scientists not the skeptics. Enough time has passed for solar cycles to have been ruled out etc.

The climate skeptics welched out paying their bets, the ones that would even take them.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Temperature in my garden, Irvine Ayrshire not Irvine California 😁

20210722_180319.thumb.jpg.b3ca6cd86a7f75b0192df26f2caea526.jpg

Bonzo , either my eyesight is well and truly fooked or that looks like one of those trick images. I am seeing about 3 different temperatures. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Bonzo , either my eyesight is well and truly fooked or that looks like one of those trick images. I am seeing about 3 different temperatures. 

47.9° C. It's in direct sunlight and a corner with no breeze but jeezo it's warm.

14 minutes ago, bonzo said:

47.9° C. It's in direct sunlight and a corner with no breeze but jeezo it's warm.

I actually did see that temperature but dismissed it as it was so high. I was also seeing 88.9 and thought it might be Fahrenheit 🙄

Its great to get home from work and still be able to sit outside. Might go mad and make a cocktail. 

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

if its around concrete,bricks,sheds houses ect it will give a false reading, saying that, false reading or not that is piping hot 

It's right in a corner between the house, fence and slabbed area but as you say scorching. 

Queen secretly lobbied Scottish ministers for climate law exemption

Monarch used secretive procedure to become only person in country not bound by a green energy rule

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/jul/10/100-fossil-fuel-companies-investors-responsible-71-global-emissions-cdp-study-climate-change

Wonder what the greens will do.

• 3 months later...