The Weather thread - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's been a great weekend, I put a wee digital thermometer in the garden yesterday afternoon and it was reading 26.8°. Had a couple of friends over last night and we sat in the the garden till 3am, had the chimnea going,  must have put a dent in the ozone. Wee Greta would be ragin :whistling:

55 minutes ago, bonzo said:

It's been a great weekend, I put a wee digital thermometer in the garden yesterday afternoon and it was reading 26.8°. Had a couple of friends over last night and we sat in the the garden till 3am, had the chimnea going,  must have put a dent in the ozone. Wee Greta would be ragin :whistling:

Good stuff Bonzo 👍 I am pretty sure your eco friendly points are in surplus after a year of going nowhere. Not to say all those bike rides !  
Hope you had a wee toast to Les 😊

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Wouldn't worry about it, we've just had the coldest April since the 1980s. Get some more coal on.

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Been away too long Bonzo. What does "chankin" mean.

Freezing? Brass Monkeys? 

Hahaha, aye you're right 👍

Chanking

New Word Suggestion

Very cold.
Additional Information

This word is very common in Kilmarnock and the rest of Ayrshire. Perhaps it is used elsewhere in Scotland too. I assume it has a scots origin. Example: "it's chanking out there".

19 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Hahaha, aye you're right 👍

Chanking

New Word Suggestion

Very cold.
Additional Information

This word is very common in Kilmarnock and the rest of Ayrshire. Perhaps it is used elsewhere in Scotland too. I assume it has a scots origin. Example: "it's chanking out there".

🤣🤣🤣🤣. No got tae Glasgow yet. I will ask me pal Billy if he knows what it means. He is fae Kilmarnock...🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Lots of rain here on Ottawa lately. I love it, reminds me of home. I fuckin love it when it rains..🙂🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It reminds you of Ottawa? That's interesting.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Dreadful start to May and it's not looking like getting much better 😕

Was booked on to play golf the weekend before last where for a while Accuweather was showing 50% chance of rain and a bit windy the day before.  Just battered down most of the afternoon and ended up with gusts of 30-40mph so cancelled it.  

Went to the shop though and it was really weird as the flag on the junior course next to me were flapping one way but 200 yards away were the opposite direction!! Bloke came in saying he'd called it quits after three holes because his mrs didn't piss him off that much :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I think all these lockdowns has sent global warming into reverse. Get ready for the next ice age.

The first time in 40years the temp has not creeped above 20c by this point in time in the year, not to worry as Thursday onwards looks sweet 👍

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

The fitst time in 40years the temp has not creeped above 20c by this point in time in the year, not to worry as Thursday onwards looks sweet 👍

Yes, the day after I return home from a mini break in Loch Fyne. Weather has been utter guff 🙁

Worse still should have been in Greece . 

Climate change predicts more chaotic weather patterns, so what we are seeing now with excessive rain and cold spells is something that will probably happen more often in addition to more extreme heat waves and droughts. The extremes are only going to get worse over the next decade, it's quite scary.

Can’t believe the difference from last weekend to this weekend. I picked the wrong weekend to go away. 
Still, it’s fantastic to get this sun at home. Its funny,  I was making toast earlier and felt like I was abroad. Toast in the sun has a different smell to toast in the pishing rain. 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Can’t believe the difference from last weekend to this weekend. I picked the wrong weekend to go away. 
Still, it’s fantastic to get this sun at home. Its funny,  I was making toast earlier and felt like I was abroad. Toast in the sun has a different smell to toast in the pishing rain. 

Some signals from outlier models indicating that this weather may hang around for a few weeks, this week looks good, after the weekend theres a bit of uncertainty