The Weather thread - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Wtf were they thinking, seeing the other two cars fucked should have been a hint to stop

It’s not worth thinking about the brain cells that these folks lack. Wouldn’t be so bad if it was just 1 person, but there’s photos and videos of folk all over Aberdeen doing exactly the same thing. 

There was about a foot of water outside our house, I was fine in the van, my wife had one look and decided she was going nowhere today. 

Common sense works wonders. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not worth thinking about the brain cells that these folks lack. Wouldn’t be so bad if it was just 1 person, but there’s photos and videos of folk all over Aberdeen doing exactly the same thing. 

There was about a foot of water outside our house, I was fine in the van, my wife had one look and decided she was going nowhere today. 

Common sense works wonders. 

Aye you would look and go, no chance turn round. Also surely if your insurance sees that then it will just say naw to a payout?

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Drawing, was that when you had a bit of a fire going and then you put a bit of newspaper in front or the fire 'entrance' then there would be a big whoosh of air and the fire would really take off, the skill being not to set the newspaper on fire and send flaming bits of paper up the chimney.

That's the very chap, in my hoose it was a job only my faither was qualified to do 😂

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

Ti's all a bit vague now, but pretty sure when I was big enough, 8 ish, I used to get to hold one side of the newspaper while my mother held the other.

Christ, I was only allowed tae hold a sparkler on bonfire night 😆

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

What a gorgeous weekend ( apologies to anyone who is not experiencing the West of Scotlands mini heatwave) . I have even  shaved and tanned my legs and cracked open the suntan lotion. ( had to read that twice to make sure I got all the words in the correct order or it could have read somewhat differently  ) 

All I can hear sitting in the garden is birds chirping, bees humming and Abba wafting over from the sheltered housing complex behind my back hedge . Might go the whole hog and paint my toenails.

Anyone taking advantage of this weather ?