The Weather thread - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

It's forecast to reach here around kick-off time this afternoon. In a sad statement of affairs about my once proud Yorkshire club, where men were men & women were glad of it, there is a serious risk that for the first time in the club's history the number of glove-wearers in the starting 11 could reach double figures.

Those were the days...

12th-february-1955-the-players-of-hudder

The photo: they've actually rolled their shirt sleeves up.

That's a statement in itself.

26 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

It's forecast to reach here around kick-off time this afternoon. In a sad statement of affairs about my once proud Yorkshire club, where men were men & women were glad of it, there is a serious risk that for the first time in the club's history the number of glove-wearers in the starting 11 could reach double figures.

Those were the days...

12th-february-1955-the-players-of-hudder

:lol:

We didn't quite reach double figures...including keepers, the score at KO was Town 9 Newcastle (yes, home of t-shirts on the Tyne Bridge) 8. Credit to Laurent dePoitre (he's built like a tank anyway with all the mobility of one) & Johnny Hogg (I'd have burned my season ticket if he'd worn gloves).

We did manage to equalise at some point in the game when Alex Pritchard got rid of his.

• 4 months later...
Just now, Eisegerwind said:

First post of 2019, so far not as good as early 2018, however it's been pretty decent so far. Winter 2018 didn't really happen. It's lovely today.

It is. Actual heat in the air. Though as soon as I sat out a big fookin cloud appeared. In keeping with my life theme song, even the sun doesn't want me 🙁

Not as good tomorrow and Sunday in the West of Scotland , much better on Monday.

yours

Michelle Fish. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It is. Actual heat in the air. Though as soon as I sat out a big fookin cloud appeared. In keeping with my life theme song, even the sun doesn't want me 🙁

Not as good tomorrow and Sunday in the West of Scotland , much better on Monday.

yours

Michelle Fish. 

Scorchio relativo Escochia.

17 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The year 1919 brought droughts to the uk, is this year heading that year, exactly 100 years later? Its been a very dry start to the year

Esta judgeo commenta sa releva 100 cento e tempo e tempo 50 centa multipo e no matath k'all.

Edited by Eisegerwind
Phone wanted to capaitalise sa

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on my first Munro of the year tomorrow.   A wee bit late, but I'm a wee bit slow.

The forecast at roadside level... hail & snow flurries.   The wind'll rip my breeks aff at the top then.   But it's May ffs!!!

Mind you I've seen poor flowers in the garden shredded by hail in May before.   Ne're cast a clout...

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

A wet May? Very mild though. I use the bbc for my forecasts and they were always pretty spot on for local stuff. Noticed they've been not so good lately and I'm informed that they are not using the METOFFICE for their info now?

Xc weather is decent free forecast, gives you 10 days out as well. May although the wettest month for a good while was not actually that wet, be interesting to see the actual figures 

8 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

A wet May? Very mild though. I use the bbc for my forecasts and they were always pretty spot on for local stuff. Noticed they've been not so good lately and I'm informed that they are not using the METOFFICE for their info now?

Bumping your own shite threads again.