The Weather thread - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 6/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

I said to the wife about 3 weeks ago that if this pattern does not change then we might be heading for a hose pipe ban, maybe a bit dramatic but I haven’t seen the Atlantic so quite. 

Hose pipe ban, in Scotland. Don't think we ever had one, either a ban or a hose pipe.  Watering can was the order of the day if you were a bit of a gardener.

Just spent a week on Skye. Weather was way too hot. Car showed 32° at times.

Sun never stopped shining. Midges were loving it (and me).

Oh and any weathergirl better than Judith Ralston? Loved Off The Ball a while back with her as a guest. "So Judith, u know all about big cups" !! Classic.

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Atlantic charged her batteries again, however theres a good chance high pressure will resume its grip early next week, and looks even better in the long range

Aye high pressure from middle of next week moving in met office long range forecast is for warm to hot weather end of June beginning of July 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I will never complain about too much sun but this weather is playing havoc with my trains.

All trains cancelled last night , took 2 1/2 hrs to get home and delays again tonight. 

On the plus  side , I missed a dentist appointment for root canal treatment . 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

This thread is in danger of going down the Pharty route again re snaw. 😄

Heat? Gies a break. 🙈

A cow on the line caused delays earlier, it probably died of heat exhaustion waiting for a train. 

Another bottle  of wine doon the hatch. At this rate my liver is going to pack up long before the rain returns. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

A cow on the line caused delays earlier, it probably died of heat exhaustion waiting for a train. 

Another bottle  of wine doon the hatch. At this rate my liver is going to pack up long before the rain returns. 

I gave myself a 5 week break from this site. The crybabies running to the schoolmaster put me off. But, messrs DTS and a few others coaxed me back. I’m glad I did Tidier. 👍😂

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I gave myself a 5 week break from this site. The crybabies running to the schoolmaster put me off. But, messrs DTS and a few others coaxed me back. I’m glad I did Tidier. 👍😂

Stop it. You’re making me cry 😭