The Weather thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well, that's been a great May, and a good start to June, even getting some of that warm rain they get abroad. I'm still depending on the BBC for my forecasts although I have heard tell of someone on twitter or whatever called Windy something who is really good. Hopefully might get some nice thunderstorms in the next couple of days.

18 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Well, that's been a great May, and a good start to June, even getting some of that warm rain they get abroad. I'm still depending on the BBC for my forecasts although I have heard tell of someone on twitter or whatever called Windy something who is really good. Hopefully might get some nice thunderstorms in the next couple of days.

The weather patern this year has been completely different to any i can remember, in so much that the Atlantic has had very little influence, hence why there has been more winds from the east/continent. The water temperature in the noth sea is 4-5c lower just now than this time last year which is very strange. The last model runs have the weather much the same for the next two weeks, with high pressure having a massive influence, i hope this weather pattern keeps up as we will have a dry ofren hot summer and not the washouts ones of the past decade

In the past the Atlantic Jetstream has went right through central Scotland causing the shit summer weather

This year it has split and diverted to both above and below us

Current_JetStream%20planes-43287.png&w=6

1416137763864_wps_50_What_is_the_jet_str

19 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Where are you getting this info?

Synaptic brain connections mainly after watching a detailed weather report on TV a few nights ago

13 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Where are you getting this info?

The weatheroutlook is a great site once you find you way about the site, xc weather  is easy in your face forecast, heres hoping the Atlantic doesnt charge up and keeps idle as it has been for the 6 months

8 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

What a fantastic evening. Warm, light,beautiful.

8 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Raining.

You do know that telling us what the weather is like now, isn't exactly forecasting (or even interesting), don't you?;)

I am in Ibiza 🎼ooncha ooncha ooncha🎼so dont give a fook 🙂, and nae hornets so even better, though we have had some of that warm rain Eisergerwind mentioned last night. 

But yes, the weather at home has been great , the evenings with actual heat, makes me think I did not just dream up the summers of my childhood.  

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

You do know that telling us what the weather is like now, isn't exactly forecasting (or even interesting), don't you?;)

Firstly I never said it was forecasting, secondly I find it very hard to believe its not interesting and thirdly its very warm but a bit damp at the moment.

I've nothing to back up this assertion, but in the last 10 - 12 years, it has always felt as though May has been the best month for warm weather and then it takes a nose dive for the rest of the summer.

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

Firstly I never said it was forecasting, secondly I find it very hard to believe its not interesting and thirdly its very warm but a bit damp at the moment.

:lol:

Thanks for the update.:ok:

That was an hour ago, what's it like now?

3 hours ago, Mox said:

I've nothing to back up this assertion, but in the last 10 - 12 years, it has always felt as though May has been the best month for warm weather and then it takes a nose dive for the rest of the summer.

Aye the aforementioned jetstream has a tendency to head south in July.  One exception I can think of was in 2014 at the start of the Commonwealth Games we had a lengthy spell of taps aff weather.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mox said:

I’d go back to the mid 90s. Always seemed to be decent weather around exam time through School and Uni.

IIRC we got it nice earlier, in April last year, then a crap summer.

2013 I remember was nice June and July.