Peru - Match Thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Peru - Match Thread

Clyde1998

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He didn't exactly play well but he shouldn't be discarded over a mistake on his debut in a meaningless match. We should Keep him in around the squad as most of our keepers are hitting hitting their late 30s.

There's some validity to what you're saying. For me, that 3rd keeper slot should be reserved for the best younger keeper we have to come away and gain experience, maybe get a game in a friendly or two every now and then until the actual best keeper  is no longer the best.

With Gordon and McGregor, we've got 2 solid 1st choices for the next few years.

Archer's had a chance now and chose to do something crazy. He won't start against Mexico, not because of the mistakes, we'll rotate, simple as that. What the Peru performance does is put McLaughlin and Bain ahead of Archer for future games. I'm not sure he'll be in the next squad or the one after that.

6 minutes ago, andyD said:

There's some validity to what you're saying. For me, that 3rd keeper slot should be reserved for the best younger keeper we have to come away and gain experience, maybe get a game in a friendly or two every now and then until the actual best keeper  is no longer the best.

With Gordon and McGregor, we've got 2 solid 1st choices for the next few years.

Archer's had a chance now and chose to do something crazy. He won't start against Mexico, not because of the mistakes, we'll rotate, simple as that. What the Peru performance does is put McLaughlin and Bain ahead of Archer for future games. I'm not sure he'll be in the next squad or the one after that.

Only issue, is it wise enough to have two keepers in the squad from the same club? One from Bain and Gordon will be Celtics No1 next season, while the other is warming the bench.

Also no guarantee that McGregor is going to be number 1 at Rangers next season until the season starts.

I suspect Bain will start in Mexico to give him a chance

8 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

3rd choice this season?

He'll need to get out on loan again. 

Trust me he won’t be. I posted that about him before I discovered he’d actually played last night so great to see him being recognised. I know it was 3rd division shit that he was in last season but he stood out a mile and in all honesty possibly kept us away from the play off spot.

14 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

3rd choice this season?

He'll need to get out on loan again. 

Griffiths is Celtics 3rd choice striker!

Probably also needs a loan/transfer?

McCrorie will go out on loan for sure, probably to a team like Livingston. Good prospect and quite exciting to have a young keeper coming through finally. 

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Griffiths is Celtics 3rd choice striker!

Probably also needs a loan/transfer?

McCrorie will go out on loan for sure, probably to a team like Livingston. Good prospect and quite exciting to have a young keeper coming through finally. 

Paper yesterday and a couple of journo's have McCrorie linked with a seasons loan to Ayr.

Edited by hursty

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Don't be a dumpling. Hardly the same. 

Our number 1 striker shouldn’t be a clubs number 3.

Clesrly needs a move when the manager favours other clubs players he has on loan ahead of him.

Or are you happy having him on the bench not playing? 

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Our number 1 striker shouldn’t be a clubs number 3.

Clesrly needs a move when the manager favours other clubs players he has on loan ahead of him.

Or are you happy having him on the bench not playing? 

He's not the 3rd choice forward at Celtic. 

On 5/31/2018 at 2:16 PM, wanderer said:

Only issue, is it wise enough to have two keepers in the squad from the same club? One from Bain and Gordon will be Celtics No1 next season, while the other is warming the bench.

Also no guarantee that McGregor is going to be number 1 at Rangers next season until the season starts.

I suspect Bain will start in Mexico to give him a chance

Where is Marshall now, is he still at Hull? If so, will he not be Hull’s number 1 again now that McGregor has left?

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

Where is Marshall now, is he still at Hull? If so, will he not be Hull’s number 1 again now that McGregor has left?

Been some talk he might be going back to Cardiff.

3 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Season before last he was Hulls third choice keeper. He had a torrid time in the Premiership and from what I gather Hull fans haven't got too much faith in him.

We learned that Morgan and McGeouch should probably be added to the squad and that the other debutantes are not good enough.

Archer may just have been nervous, but I suspect he's just no very good.

I actually quite like McLean but he was played badly out of position.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Season before last he was Hulls third choice keeper. He had a torrid time in the Premiership and from what I gather Hull fans haven't got too much faith in him.

He had a great season in the Premiership with Cardiff. Was named in Sky sports team of the year despite Cardiff being relegated.

8 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

He had a great season in the Premiership with Cardiff. Was named in Sky sports team of the year despite Cardiff being relegated.

You're right he was excellent and when Hull went down it was a surprise he didn't stay in the Premiership. I remember him being strongly linked to Everton when Martinez was there but that's now two or three seasons back. It's a little bit like the Joe Hart situation, decent keeper but makes errors, confidence takes a knock and everyone starts doubting you.