Rangers decision on away tickets - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers decision on away tickets

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

McLeish should never been given the job for a 2nd time.

Comes across as utterly clueless these days too which is a concern.

Something not quite right about him.

Drink issue.

40 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That is the beauty of football . You think one way and i think another. I wish i was as clueless about football as him. Remind ms what you did in the game again? Just so you can justify mcleish as clueless.

Don't even know where to start with that drivel. 

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Drink issue.

I had been told that was why nobody would touch him. Couldn’t remember player’s names etc.

He does look and sound like an old man these days, which I think is the “clueless” point Parklife was making, and he can’t be that old? Mid 50s?

His CV is decent though if this is all myth.

McLeish is a truly depressing appointment, but the one that most of us knew would be made given he was the cheap option and had been whoring himself about every job going on sky sports for the past couple of years.

Btw is rolling hills doing the day trip to Peru? I didn't realise that was an option.

38 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Btw is rolling hills doing the day trip to Peru? I didn't realise that was an option.

Presumably he was changing flights somewhere really close to Peru or on one of those fancy planes with WiFi.

:lol:

21 hours ago, macy37 said:

Drink issue.

This rumour continues to do the rounds and still absolutely nothing to back it up other than the way McLeish talks. 

Do you have any proof, whatsoever, of this or is it the usual "don't like someone, so happy to believe any old shite that criticises him"? 

It's fair enough to criticise his selections or tactics but stuff like this, without any evidence, is beyond the pale. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This rumour continues to do the rounds and still absolutely nothing to back it up other than the way McLeish talks. 

Do you have any proof, whatsoever, of this or is it the usual "don't like someone, so happy to believe any old shite that criticises him"? 

It's fair enough to criticise his selections or tactics but stuff like this, without any evidence, is beyond the pale. 

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. At the same time I've had the 'something not quite right about him' thought after every interview I've seen him give since his reappointment. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't dislike McLeish but genuinely there is something 'off' about the way he conducts himself now compared to the McLeish of old.

He doesn't seem as sharp or focused.

Maybe it is just age? Maybe it is the drink? Maybe it's heading the ball all the time? I'm not criticising him for it, I'm just calling it as i see it.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. At the same time I've had the 'something not quite right about him' thought after every interview I've seen him give since his reappointment. 

Indeed and it was evident before he took the job. 

I really hope we're all wrong and he's just dittery when it comes to media stuff. 

Still expect celtic fans to outnumber the home end by 2:1 by around the 60 minute mark once the usual pumping' is in full flow. 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Celtic may not take any tickets at Ibrox over security concerns - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46292679

Would be a shame if fans couldn't go to the game, just because no-one thought of the security issues before deciding that they should reduce the ticket allocation.

What’s the difference between 1,000 Hibs fans going into the wee corner and 1,000 Celtic fans going into the same wee corner?

None whatsoever, that’s the difference

4 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I'll be astonished (and bloody furious) if they don't take the allocation. If the bed wetters don't want to go then that shouldn't stop anyone else.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

An attempt to play to the masses and angle for more tickets.

Seems like it’s a bit of that.

They will get stuff thrown at them from the Govan rear; like fans of all the other teams, but at least they’ll be able to see the pitch.